Battleborn - Gearbox 2K Games - First Person MOBA

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Default Battleborn - Gearbox 2K Games - First Person MOBA

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...814351318.aspx

http://www.battleborn.com/

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Battleborn is a next-gen hero-shooter brought to you by the creators of the award-winning and best-selling Borderlands franchise. In Battleborn’s distant future, the only hope for the last star in a dying universe is a new breed of warriors, who must put aside their differences to drive back an unstoppable menace. Choose from a myriad of powerful heroes and fight together alongside your friends in an intense co-operative campaign, or battle against them in fast-paced competitive multiplayer matches.

Last edited by Seya; 07-08-2014 at 04:20 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Was turned off after hearing the term moba mixed in with First person but after reading the details from the article, might be interesting to play coop. Will probably avoid the PvP since a first person moba doesn't sound like it would do that well.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

It's not a MOBA btw.

“Battleborn is not a MOBA, in fact it’s far from it. As the term hero-shooter implies, Battleborn is first and foremost a first-person shooter,” said a 2K Games representative. “It’s heavily inspired by lots of genres, not least of which are character-centric games like the ones you mentioned, as well as fighting games, hence the ‘hero’ in hero-shooter. Players are going to experience a ton of other influences, especially from genres like RPG [role-playing games], RTS [real-time strategy], and fighting games.”

source: http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/08/ba...rbox-software/

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

cool i like the artstyle - can't wait for beta!

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Airsyk View Post
    It's not a MOBA btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    We played hours of Incursion, an inventive 5 vs. 5 mode that combines fast-paced first-person gameplay with the strategic team-based elements of games like League of Legends and Dota 2. Rival battleborn hunt one another in lush jungles and arid deserts while robotic NPC minions wage an ongoing tug-of-war. Players start on a level playing field at the beginning of each match, progressing along a streamlined skill path up to level 20 filled with customizable abilities that unlock a variety of different play styles. Many of these gameplay elements will also bleed into Battleborn's five-player cooperative campaign, which Gearbox isn't saying much about yet.
    This is literally nothing more than a glorified MOBA with a PVE campaign that will play like Smite but in first person. The whole "Every character plays differently so amazing!" factor doesn't mean much because in quite a few MOBAs there are a variety of characters that play differently, especially in Smite.

What I don't understand is why they are just now announcing a MOBA.. Even Korean companies aren't spitting them out that much any more.
    Last edited by PoorGamer; 07-09-2014 at 05:15 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

I'm really curious about the campaign , and if there are random generated weapons like in borderlands . First time I saw the cover art I thought medieval fantasy borderlands with swords and shields . Then there was something about a lot of heroes to choose from... As long as every hero can be customized a bit like in borderlands I don't mind , they already had the ideas to choose from their previous games . I just want it to also have the same diversity the borderlands series had , random generated weapons huge beautifully designed worlds and skill trees . Possibly even their achievement system to add points in critical rate or weapon reload speed .

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

So, its a FPS with MOBA style game modes?
    Didn't that kinda exist before MOBAs?

I see nothing special here.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/battlebor...ls-screenshots

More news and details about the game. I'll definitely keep this on my watch this but will keep enough distance so I won't preorder it unless I get the right content.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

The more I think about this the more it actually sounds appealing, but if almost all of the characters are range attackers and the game actually plays like an FPS rather than a MOBA in first person perspective then the game will suck. Especially for $60.

I mean god, on the art they've given us so far there are three gun users, a bow user and ONE sword user. Playing a game like that with MOBA elements would be boring.
    Last edited by PoorGamer; 07-13-2014 at 06:23 AM.