FireFall Full release July 29th - Adds Open world PVP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Default FireFall Full release July 29th - Adds Open world PVP

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/08/fi...st-update-yet/

Firefall was first shown to the public way back in 2010, but nearly four years later, it still hasn't officially released. The free-to-play MMO shooter has been in open beta for the past year—almost to the day—which in many cases is the same as being 'released' in all but name, but not in this case, according to Red 5 Studios CEO James Macauley. This month's launch won't just pull down the 'open beta' label, it's also Firefall's "biggest update ever."

On July 29th, Firefall will leave beta and introduce, among other things, "four times the world space," 75-80 new creatures and NPCs, 20-player Titan boss fights, the first story missions, and open world PvP.

Macauley showed me some release content when he visited PC Gamer a couple weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure Firefall contains a piece of every shooter and MMO ever made. It looks a bit like Borderlands (not quite as good), its class archetypes are a mix of MMO and Team Fortress 2-like staples (the engineer who calls in turrets, the tank who soaks up bullets), it has Tribes-like jetpacks and vehicles (no doubt a contribution from Firefall's lead designer, Scott Youngblood, who was also lead designer of Starsiege: Tribes), it has resource collection and crafting, it has 5-player story missions, 20-player boss fights, and dynamically spawned encounters—and most important to me, the launch adds PvP.

Super Moderator Reputation: 189

Because that's exactly what firefall needed: Open World PVP.

/sarcasm

500+ Posts???? Reputation: 22

This is exactly the kind of update I didn't want. Well, at least for that last part. The rest of it is great but the last thing this game needed was open world PvP. Nothing better than trying to complete objectives that already have players swarming over them, now they can kill you instead of just competing with you. Even better, drilling keeps you stuck in place for a good long time, can be heard from a long distance away, and makes you an even better target for them. PvP in arenas was fine, certain areas where you could PvP was fine, PvP events were fine, but...

I really hope they have a non PvP server or this game just went the way of the dodo for me.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post

/sarcasm
    They've already had open world PvP for a very long time.

This update changes the game so much you probably won't even recognized. Every single element is now super simplified. I'm most excited about having more zones though. Running around the few we currently have has gotten pretty stale.

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 61

The update launches on 15 july but newly created accounts won't be able play till 29 july unless you buy limited offer launch pack or if you made a account before 8 july.
    Last edited by Urfrid; 07-08-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

This game has always seemed kind of dull to me. I eventually tried it out early last year and was bored to tears. I wonder if I should give it another shot, now that it's almost dead and actually trying to be fun.

General Manager Reputation: 353

Quote Originally Posted by Arri View Post
    /srsface
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Innovation is now having games play themselves? I don't want to live on this planet anymore. - Blackomen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 15

They just keep trying to inject pvp into this garbage game when it has strong pve,crafting elements, at one point they tried to turn it into an esport. These devs are brain dead morons have kept the pve stale with 1 instance, 1 world boss for 2 years straight and wonder why their game is dead its because you keep ****ing adding pvp retards.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Open world pvp has been in the game for almost 2 years now. It's not a big deal or even relevant. There are just little random zones where you and your buddies can fire on each other without challenging to a duel first.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227700/
    Going to wait until the 29th to jump back in so I can use the new steam version.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 28

I played this towards the end of last year and it wasn't a bad experience. It wasn't amazingggg, but it really wasn't bad. I'm going to be playing it once it releases into full release, and the Open World PvP does excite me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast