Wildtsar Questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Default Wildtsar Questions

Been so bored latley. Played almost every mmo out so far. Thinking about getting wildstar. How good is this game? What makes it better/different that other mmos. is it worth buying and how much is it monthly? Is it better than ff14? Should i just buy ff14 for ps4 instead?
    Waiting for:

WonderKing 2

Detective Kirby Reputation: 12

End game is challenging, the grind to lvl 50 is pretty slow... but still faster than ff14. I'd say, if you've played wow, then it's comparable to the burning crusade expansion to it. It's 14.99 per month for game time, but so far I've paid 2 months of game time with in game currency, I have a friend with 10 months of game time paid from in game currency on 2 accounts now so it's not that hard to just sustain ur account from just playing the game.

The faults I've found with the game thus far is just that the game's grind is slow, still a little buggy with some abilities etc., and that the game isn't friendly to casual players... like, difficulty wise, the game is punishing to crappy players.. which is needed for a game to stay a float, you need tons of crappy scrubs in a game and paying for the game to make the game stay alive. If you can get past all of that, then you're golden, I'm still playing the game and don't plan on playing any other MMO since I'm enjoying it but it's definitely not for everyone.

P.S, I'm on Widow on the Exile side.

So someone like my self with a family and a full time job would not be able to exceed in this game? As you say its not very friendly to casual players?
    Waiting for:

WonderKing 2

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Do not listen to that, I have a daughter and am babysitting quite frequently, and find myself playing casual, I think his opinion was biased more towards his own opinions. The game really isn't too casual friendly, but myself and many others have found a way to play it casually.
    Sure you're not going to buying CREDD within your first month of playtime if you're playing casually, but most certainly there ARE things for casuals to do, just as there are raids for the hardcore players. But there are still ways to get endgame gear without raiding as well. I don't know where he got his information, or if he just based it on his opinion, but most certainly you would enjoy this game if you gave it a try.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

My friend loves that game because it's so funny, so that's also an aspect to consider. :-)

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 16

I'm gonna be blunt with this,

I'd recommend just sticking to WoW if you're interested in playing an MMO. Wildstar still has a lot of work to do in order to achieve and sustain a high rate of customer satisfaction. The quests are yawn-worthy, the lore is hard to follow, the combat system is a bit of a gimmick (however I've already played games with a new style of combat), you're also ineligible for dungeons until lv. 20+, and you're pretty much forced to follow the typical linear path that most MMOs today have to offer. Wildstar isn't anything special, it's just another WoWRPG on the market with a new coat of paint.

That's my biased opinion -
    I'd give it a 5.5/10
    Last edited by Flamesfalcon; 07-11-2014 at 02:22 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 231

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesfalcon View Post
    I'm gonna be blunt with this,

I'd recommend just sticking to WoW if you're interested in playing an MMO. Wildstar still has a lot of work to do in order to achieve and sustain a high rate of customer satisfaction. The quests are yawn-worthy, the lore is hard to follow, the combat system is a bit of a gimmick (however I've already played games with a new style of combat), you're also ineligible for dungeons until lv. 20+, and you're pretty much forced to follow the typical linear path that most MMOs today have to offer. Wildstar isn't anything special, it's just another WoWRPG on the market with a new coat of paint.

That's my biased opinion -
    I'd give it a 5.5/10
    Wildstar plays a lot better than WoW though. :l
    Plus, with the monthly updates, the game is going to have a lot of content in about 3 months.
    They already added 2 full level 50 zones that appeals to casual players.

there's a wolf in my heart

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    Wildstar plays a lot better than WoW though. :l
    Plus, with the monthly updates, the game is going to have a lot of content in about 3 months.
    They already added 2 full level 50 zones that appeals to casual players.
    It's just not my cup of tea - unless they revamp the game completely, I don't see myself getting into Wildstar.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 25

sorry for bursting into your thread but...anyone have a extra guest pass? jcwears@gmail.com if u do and thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    When you are counting trial accounts, demo accounts, beta accounts, inactive accounts, etc as "Unique Active Concurrent Subscribers", then yes you are making up numbers. You can believe me or call me a liar all you'd like as it makes no difference to me because you're simply wrong.
    classic high post count nooob^ obvious lies and your 100% wrong

FACTS FOR REPLICANT

pwnt!!!!!!

Np Raged not sure if I should try it either... I would like a guest pass to if anyone has extra?
    Waiting for:

WonderKing 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast