ArcheAge Closed Beta begins July 17th!

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

MMohut had 130 something keys was running out of them fast.

It costs LP points to unlock quest reward gear to even use it. Wow.. just ****ing wow. Even the RU version doesn't have this bullshit.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

so jealous of you guys who're playing :X:X

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by PoorGamer View Post
    It costs LP points to unlock quest reward gear to even use it. Wow.. just ****ing wow. Even the RU version doesn't have this bullshit.
    yeah lame but questgear is crap ..

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Great game. Done until launch though.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

Got lvl 15. Enough for today Super boring/generic questing but all else is superb, but Labor points are effed up for f2p, seems this might get hairy without sub.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Got up to level 8, but going to have to stop for now/later tonight. Gots other stuff to do.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Got to level 16. Bored out of my mind and can't take another generic quest or I'll have to fly to California, find Scapes and castrate him live on Twitch.tv

Quote Originally Posted by Big0 View Post
    yeah lame but questgear is crap ..
    Yeah, but it's the only gear a lowbie has. Especially in closed beta, with a few days to play. Why waste that time crafting?

It makes me mad because I wanted to have a one handed magic weapon and a shield. Because of this though I don't even know what weapon gives magic stats and is one handed, I have to keep picking staff and can't use a shield.

Edit: This game is really boring. The quests are more generic and mind numbing than classic grinders like Silkroad ever were, but the movement is so godawful I keep almost dying because I can't run away fast enough if I accidentally aggro.
    Last edited by PoorGamer; 07-18-2014 at 03:43 AM.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245

Its annoying.. what some people do is create multiple accounts so they can sell their keys later on..
    Relax and enjoy life

Quote Originally Posted by Thetake View Post
    Its annoying.. what some people do is create multiple accounts so they can sell their keys later on..
    You guys aren't missing much. Every single quest (not kidding) is go here, talk to X or kill X Z times. Sometimes it's CLICK on X but that's only every few quests. All talking, gathering and/or killing. The dungeons are pretty anti-fun too.

On the second dungeon I got a group together. We managed to get to the boss who at 1/3 health starts spamming AoE skills, summoning minions, using an AoE stun and hitting for 1/4 of our lives per. Then when you die it gives you a quest telling you to come back with a higher level player. I'm not even ****ing kidding.

Almost level 22 and the quests are still this garbage. I also now see why mana regen is a problem. Mobs have so much health I have to recover mana every every 4 mobs because I need to spam so many skills.

There is absolutely no challenge in this game. I am only going to play until level 30 so I can see what the PVP is like. :/

Also, when you start playing there are a lot of cutscenes. After level 10 I've had maybe.. 4 or 5. You also use the same skills on every monster. Minor non-dungeon bosses that are 1 star just require you to spam slows and run around while using potions. If you even had one other person I doubt the 1 star bosses would even force you to use a potion. Ironically though if 3 mobs decide to attack you you're pretty much ****ed and need to run away. Gliders are also pretty dull and handle like gimped flying mounts.

All mobs ever drop is coin purses which require LP to open. It costs LP to identify quest gear as well so you can't compare reward stats. Harvesting anything and crafting anything also requires LP. Rather than being a f2p and not being able to craft the game isn't even entirely playable without being a patron. I'm having to wait to recover LP just to open my damn coin purses (loot) so most people just let them collect dust in their inventory.
    Last edited by PoorGamer; 07-18-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast