ArcheAge Closed Beta begins July 17th!

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

Quote Originally Posted by PoorGamer View Post
    Because a good cash shop on a f2p game has non-limiting things. Cosmetics, extra space, extra options, etc are all good options for a game. Some games to note are Runescape, Mabinogi and Path of Exile. A BAD cash shop gimps you until you pay, and in this case patrons still don't really get that much. They still have to pay for inventory slots from the cash shop, etc.

It just isn't fun. Luckily the mob killing.. if non-solo at 23+ isn't that bad. But that's 23 levels of the shittiest gameplay I've experienced in a long time.
    AHAHAHAHAH
    Have you even played these games? Mabinogi has pets that stun lock enemies on summon,pets that heal you to full health/mana/stamina on summon, can buy clothes that give you double AP(can buy these off player but can get the bonus AP). The best weapons, armour and clothes are from Gachapon ONLY.Farms are now VIP only. Want decent damage? yea cash shop reforges only.This coming from someone who Played EU till it died and NA to 3k total level before I gave up.
    Let's not talk about how runescape was ruined by its cash shop. Poe is fair, but no way I am paying £50 for each skin

You really have no idea what you are talking about. It's funny.
    Last edited by whitey; 07-18-2014 at 07:37 PM.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 23

He gave a poor example, but he got the point out it is possible to make a f2p game with a fair cash shop and to make money as a publisher.

I like AA a lot so far, so I will give it a chance. Maybe Trion will change things for release we will see. But I hate it when you have a payed sub option which doesn't give you the full experience you still need the cash shop, that is super douchey thing to do.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by King_Grunt View Post
    He gave a poor example, but he got the point out it is possible to make a f2p game with a fair cash shop and to make money as a publisher.

I like AA a lot so far, so I will give it a chance. Maybe Trion will change things for release we will see. But I hate it when you have a payed sub option which doesn't give you the full experience you still need the cash shop, that is super douchey thing to do.
    what did they put in the cash shop that you 'need'?

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    AHAHAHAHAH
    Have you even played these games? Mabinogi has pets that stun lock enemies on summon,pets that heal you to full health/mana/stamina on summon, can buy clothes that give you double AP(can buy these off player but can get the bonus AP). The best weapons, armour and clothes are from Gachapon ONLY.Farms are now VIP only. Want decent damage? yea cash shop reforges only.This coming from someone who Played EU till it died and NA to 3k total level before I gave up.
    Let's not talk about how runescape was ruined by its cash shop. Poe is fair, but no way I am paying £50 for each skin

You really have no idea what you are talking about. It's funny.
    Runescape 2 not 3 when Runescape HAD no cash shop just subscriber status, I don't care what Mabinogi is like now I was referring to its original system but maybe I was completely wrong about that and PoE has cheaper things than skins.

Mortal Online and Wurm Online are also good examples.
    Last edited by PoorGamer; 07-18-2014 at 10:25 PM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Runescape 2 not 3 when Runescape HAD no cash shop just subscriber status, I don't care what Mabinogi is like now I was referring to its original system but maybe I was completely wrong about that and PoE has cheaper things than skins.

Mortal Online and Wurm Online are also good examples.
    old mabinogi forced you to pay to even stay relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 28

That 1/week rebirth, gachas, new pets, gear, etc. Costed bread. ^

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Got to 30, PVP is more dull than fighting mobs (magic is OP), bosses aren't hard they just have a lot of health and spam undodgable stuns & pulls, quests are boring, everything outside of combat costs a lot of LP which you'd need patron to really accomplish anything aaaand Trion has proven despite all of their promises they don't have any control over the game.

This game definitely reminded me why I hate modern MMORPGs though. No RPG factor unless the role you are playing is a bot program and everyone is incredibly stupid. I also love how everyone in game was complimenting it and comparing it to ESO saying how much better it is.

You would really have to have no life of any sort to consider this game fun past level 20. I thought I might have warmed up to the grinding when partying with someone for a few hours, but that was the company. Only time I ever died was when the mobs spammed stuns or pulls and wouldn't let me run.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Rift has a pretty fair cash shop and so does Tera.

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Got to 30, PVP is more dull than fighting mobs (magic is OP), bosses aren't hard they just have a lot of health and spam undodgable stuns & pulls, quests are boring, everything outside of combat costs a lot of LP which you'd need patron to really accomplish anything aaaand Trion has proven despite all of their promises they don't have any control over the game.

This game definitely reminded me why I hate modern MMORPGs though. No RPG factor unless the role you are playing is a bot program and everyone is incredibly stupid. I also love how everyone in game was complimenting it and comparing it to ESO saying how much better it is.

You would really have to have no life of any sort to consider this game fun past level 20. I thought I might have warmed up to the grinding when partying with someone for a few hours, but that was the company. Only time I ever died was when the mobs spammed stuns or pulls and wouldn't let me run.
    Don't know how different the PVP in NA is from the Russian version, but PVP in Russia was pretty great. Especially the large-group PVP. Getting together with my guild and filling up two galleons and doing a trade run to Liberty was always awesome. We'd run into a few boats along the way, which we'd use speedboats with grappling hooks to chase down if they weren't galleons/trade ships. Rarely we'd come across a tradeship or galleon, but when we did it was pretty awesome. The only other game that does ships better than AA is Darkfall.

After we'd hit Liberty, we'd usually run into groups of enemies, and a lot of the time we'd end up staying at liberty for an hour + pirating anyone that came along or, when a larger group comes by, getting locked in a back-and-forth battle for domination of the Island.

Unfortunately the Northern continent wasn't unlocked at the time, but I imagine the PVP there would be been decent as well. Especially the sieges.

I'm sure Jin-Roh/Karnage, FarmerM and others on OnRPG who played ArcheAge in Russia also understand how much potential the game has and how fun it can be... Well, maybe not FarmerM. I think he was off-and-on when it came to his enjoyment of the game.

Also, unless there's been some major changes to the games combat, magic isn't as OP as it initially seems. Sure, it's a lot easier to play and can be difficult to counter if you don't use your brain. But I managed to fend for myself quite well as a Gladiator (tanky/CC melee using two-handed and sometimes one-handed with shield). What's truly OP about the game is CC. Whoever can out-CC the other will usually win 1v1 fights, and group fights are about the same. Coordination is paramount, which is part of what made the group PVP fun for me. Trying to get 15-50 people to coordinate in a battle is stressful but very rewarding when done right.

I would also say keep in mind there are still a decent amount of time for tweaks to be made to the non-patron people. Trion is known for being quite fair to non-VIPs, so I imagine they'll do whatever they can to make it bearable. Also, I'm sure the RoM guys want to do their best to please NA markets, so they're probably willing to work on whatever Trion asks them to.

A majority of NA gamers are middle class and can afford to throw a decent amount of money at a game. I've known (and still know) plenty of NA players who have no problem throwing hundreds or thousands of dollars at a game for arbitrary things like cosmetic crap. I admit I'm one of them - I've spent about $300 during Dragon's Prophet's Halloween season for various packs, housing items, costumes, etc... A guild mate of mine in Age of Wushu literally spent so much money on the game in a single week/month that Snail USA refused to allow him to spend anymore until the next month. What I'm trying to say is, there's a shitton of money to be made if you can make a decent game. Trion knows it, and RoM knows Trion knows how to please NA players.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 07-19-2014 at 05:35 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

This game is not optimized for SLI. When I tried to run the game with SLI enabled my computer actually overheated and auto-turned off. This is the first time this has happened. It works fine without SLI though.

Sad times.

Anyway, I'm not going to waste time in Closed Beta.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 07-19-2014 at 05:59 AM.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast