ArcheAge Closed Beta begins July 17th!

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 24

everyone have their own opinion but try not to bash the game too much lol

Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 51

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    AHAHAHAHAH
    Have you even played these games? Mabinogi has pets that stun lock enemies on summon,pets that heal you to full health/mana/stamina on summon, can buy clothes that give you double AP(can buy these off player but can get the bonus AP). The best weapons, armour and clothes are from Gachapon ONLY.Farms are now VIP only. Want decent damage? yea cash shop reforges only.This coming from someone who Played EU till it died and NA to 3k total level before I gave up.
    Let's not talk about how runescape was ruined by its cash shop. Poe is fair, but no way I am paying Ģ50 for each skin

You really have no idea what you are talking about. It's funny.
    Is somebody forcing you to pay for skins in PoE?
    PoE has the fairest cash shop in the industry.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    This game is not optimized for SLI. When I tried to run the game with SLI enabled my computer actually overheated and auto-turned off. This is the first time this has happened. It works fine without SLI though.

Sad times.

Anyway, I'm not going to waste time in Closed Beta.
    Yup. Only in my case everything loads really slow, but the game starts working perfect after it had 5-10minutes to load all the backgrounds etc...

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 22

I love how people still play F2P games and expect to be on even grounds against people who pay. lol. Want a fair fight? go play P2P games
    well it ofc f2p shall not be equal to peple who play but then you should not **** over f2p players because then you could just make it p2p. If you make the f2p option bad they wonīt play your game and all your left with is does who are paying making the f2p option just bloody pointless. Im not saying you shall be on equal grounds but make it so itīs a good reason to play the game.

Just look at Tera the only restrioction is 2 chars and some auction house restriction. But what I seen and read so far about Arche age is if your f2p player you need to spend 2-3 times the more time in the game and p2p people you donīt want that.

Any one with some brain cells now is to piss on potential costumers or they leave to find a better company. So make a shitty f2p option and people will go does does mmos that offer better and if your out of luck it will be to many and you will stand there with your hands up your butt and then maybe have to close down because you lose to much cash.
    Last edited by Duero; 07-19-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Duero View Post
    well it ofc f2p shall not be equal to peple who play but then you should not **** over f2p players because then you could just make it p2p. If you make the f2p option bad they wonīt play your game and all your left with is does who are paying making the f2p option just bloody pointless. Im not saying you shall be on equal grounds but make it so itīs a good reason to play the game.

Just look at Tera the only restrioction is 2 chars and some auction house restriction. But what I seen and read so far about Arche age is if your f2p player you need to spend 2-3 times the more time in the game and p2p people you donīt want that.

Any one with some brain cells now is to piss on potential costumers or they leave to find a better company. So make a shitty f2p option and people will go does does mmos that offer better and if your out of luck it will be to many and you will stand there with your hands up your butt and then maybe have to close down because you lose to much cash.
    But F2P is aimed at the people who spend hundreds, if not thousands, in the cash shop. It's not aimed at people willing to pay a monthly fee.
    It doesn't matter what Trion does now, They have made their money. (that's what you get paying to beta test a game)

Link's a Hippie! Reputation: 22

But F2P is aimed at the people who spend hundreds, if not thousands, in the cash shop. It's not aimed at people willing to pay a monthly fee.
    It doesn't matter what Trion does now, They have made their money. (that's what you get paying to beta test a game)
    True on that. Now Trion could just close the game while lauging on the way to the bank. All I wanted to point out they would have made a more appealing f2p system and p2p system if they would care.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 278

Quote Originally Posted by PoorGamer View Post
    Got to 30, PVP is more dull than fighting mobs (magic is OP), bosses aren't hard they just have a lot of health and spam undodgable stuns & pulls, quests are boring, everything outside of combat costs a lot of LP which you'd need patron to really accomplish anything aaaand Trion has proven despite all of their promises they don't have any control over the game.

This game definitely reminded me why I hate modern MMORPGs though. No RPG factor unless the role you are playing is a bot program and everyone is incredibly stupid. I also love how everyone in game was complimenting it and comparing it to ESO saying how much better it is.

You would really have to have no life of any sort to consider this game fun past level 20. I thought I might have warmed up to the grinding when partying with someone for a few hours, but that was the company. Only time I ever died was when the mobs spammed stuns or pulls and wouldn't let me run.
    clearly psuedo-sandbox games aren't for you.
    it's very much an rpg in that you can actually choose whatever role you want to play.
    do you want to craft, farm, trade, be a pirate? you can do any of those. does 'modern' mmos let you do that? no.
    you never actually have to do a single quest if you don't feel like it.

also, the pvp is ****ing awesome, how can you find it dull?
    the reason archeage was so ridiculously popular in korea was because a mmo finally had good combat that wasn't instanced.
    oh, and no, magic is not op (except for reaper but shhh).

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

I just hit level 17. I'm not sure I really understand what the hate is about the game. People are mad about the labor points system? It doesn't affect me at all. Currently I am a patron yes, but I believe this a p2p quality game. Combat is smooth as butter, crafting is pretty deep, exploration is fun, you can steal people's crops if they're dumb enough to put it on unprotected land(hahaha); Just to name a few things. I don't mind paying a monthly fee for a game that is free in the first place. I consider the f2p model for this game a demo to see if it's worth forking money over for. I personally think it is. This game has A LOT to do, even just at my level, so I'm sure more opportunities open up even past 30. If you're rushing through the content trying to level up as quick as possible and not exploring your other options, you're doing it WRONG.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 92

I wanna be a pirate. Are there Devil fruits in this game?

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Klaime View Post
    I wanna be a pirate. Are there Devil fruits in this game?
    Dunno about devil fruit, but there is a pirate island and you can join the pirate faction if you're bad enough.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast