ArcheAge Closed Beta begins July 17th!

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    oh, and no, magic is not op (except for reaper but shhh).
    *cough* Daggerspell

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Tried the game up to level 15, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to run it on this low-medium end laptop but surprise surprise, it's actually nicely optimized. Got pretty decent FPS on populated areas without sacrificing graphic quality too much. I know that might not be an important feature for most people but it means the game won't be excluding people with crappy computers. So that's a point in their favor.

Quality-wise? Yeah, I can see why it would be a P2P game. Can't say I was blown away by it, but pretty much every aspect of it was very polished. Combat was smooth, not particularly exciting, but smooth.

I'm somewhat dissapointed with the character creation system though. I had the feeling it would be more complex. As a Nuian it felt like all the eyes/face options were pretty similar. The variety of hairstyels was pretty scarce too. And it doesn't even let you change your height or body shape. Meh. I know the KR version probably has more options for everything, though.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 35

I'm sorry for all of you guys now that are playing the game in its current state. I'm glad and sad that I paid for the highest founder pack, I know how good the game was/could be but alot of these changes have really destroyed the game from what it used to be.

I'm a fee weeks into this patch now, and I can barely find the effort to log in anymore. In alpha areas are barren now the trade pack turn in changes ****ed over pirates and guild group turn ins. The material drop rate change is abysmal and caused mass inflation. The over all nerd to how the arena and labor change differences are just awful.

I'm not even sure I'm going to play into release unless a great deal of change is made.

Also to the ones who think reaper is op, get auramancy congrats you are now unkillable

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Quote Originally Posted by Exeunt View Post
    *cough* Daggerspell
    Shhh. But yeah farewell is strong early on, but we found it to be kinda lacking once most people were 40+

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    Tried the game up to level 15, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to run it on this low-medium end laptop but surprise surprise, it's actually nicely optimized. Got pretty decent FPS on populated areas without sacrificing graphic quality too much. I know that might not be an important feature for most people but it means the game won't be excluding people with crappy computers. So that's a point in their favor.

Quality-wise? Yeah, I can see why it would be a P2P game. Can't say I was blown away by it, but pretty much every aspect of it was very polished. Combat was smooth, not particularly exciting, but smooth.

I'm somewhat dissapointed with the character creation system though. I had the feeling it would be more complex. As a Nuian it felt like all the eyes/face options were pretty similar. The variety of hairstyels was pretty scarce too. And it doesn't even let you change your height or body shape. Meh. I know the KR version probably has more options for everything, though.
    The game has sliders galore. Every part of the face has 1-3 sliders

やめてください! Reputation: 296

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    The game has sliders galore. Every part of the face has 1-3 sliders
    So does every game right now.

I did play with them for a bit but in certain cases the changes were hardly noticeable. I mean, I'm glad it doesn't allow for ridiculous porportions like Aion's system but still. I was going for the slender, twink-like mage, but it just doesn't make sense with the default body shape.

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
    I'm glad it doesn't allow for ridiculous porportions like Aion's system but still. I was going for the slender, twink-like mage, but it just doesn't make sense with the default body shape.
    I got my eyes on you.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 10

Loving the game right now, i hope some things get better (LP points killing f2p players), but out of that ive loved it.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 10

This is not because of beta but the game feels incomplete and at the same time good in a certain way...

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

So, any news about...

1. Next closed Beta event ?

2. State of the game; ie. bots and exploit and countermeasures ? Also, game content, features, etc ?
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My 3D Character Artist Folio
    ---

Raiyne's Rock Band Reputation: 28

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Shhh. But yeah farewell is strong early on, but we found it to be kinda lacking once most people were 40+
    O.o; that's what I was and I've NEVER lost any fight. lol, I one shot people with Arc Lightning alone, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    So, any news about...

1. Next closed Beta event ?

2. State of the game; ie. bots and exploit and countermeasures ? Also, game content, features, etc ?
    I think they're releasing 3 more closed betas? then open then release? not sure.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast