Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ArcheAge Closed Beta begins July 17th!

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 24

^same, i kinda like it but when u fink about it there isnt many combination well not that many some are under "No Class"

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Quote Originally Posted by PoorGamer View Post
    I've seen a few videos and honestly it looks like the sequel to WoW that I have been waiting nearly 10 years for.

if you're expecting a sequel to wow, maybe Archeage isn't for you.

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

Someone up-date me on what the OP class is now. In Russia, it was a toss up between Death Angel (I think that was the name) and the Politician (Stealth archer).

I'll probably still play a Gladiator, just because I enjoyed the gameplay a lot - one of the rare occasions were I liked a melee more than a caster. Just want to know what to prepare for.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 35

To answer some of the questions asked

All Gear is classless with the only requirement for equips is lvl
    Getting to 50 is not too hard dedicated person a week maybe, casual maybe a month
    PVP happens pretty much everywhere after 20 sorta lvl 1-30 zones are safe zones where you can only attack other faction, past that

anyone can be a target. To attack your own faction hit ctrl+f and go nuts, but you will be flagged a criminal and others will probably gang up on you. As for the other faction you can attack them pretty much at anytime, barring its not at peace time, which usually lasts for a couple of hours

As far as pvp dominance theres pretty much 3 classes after the latest patch. Daggerspell, Darkrunner and Primeval (look them up to see which trees they are) but in group pvp there isnt one class that wins them all, and really depends on synergy or who has the biggest zerg.

Classes you can change anytime and its not too expensive at 50 you have 25 skill points total to invest in each tree, but you would have to level each tree. For example say you take your first three trees to 50 then you can change classes and lvl up other trees. While you would still be lvl 50 and equip lvl 50 gear you would not have access to all of the skills in the tree until you lvl each one to 50 and skills would have reduced damage since they gain skill levels throughout leveling as well. The only downside to relvling up another tree is that there are less quests for you to do to level them and alot of mobs stop giving you xp, so some people actually just make an alt.

To be honest ever since the update they did for Alpha the games been in pretty rough shape. Generally across the board people are in favor the pvp and skill changes but they broke alot of things with the patch.

There are alot more labor intensive activites, (such as quest rewards and gaining money form mobs)

Crafting pretty much was ruined since a lot of crafting mats became muuuch harder to get and generally raised difficult of crafting and hugh inflation came because of it. For an example a lvl 50 katana before the patch may have been 20, 30 good for a decent one 150g for a top tier. Now most basic terrible 50 weps are 50-60 gold, and good weapons costing 550g, and thats if you can find one for sale, top tier weps i don't even see un auction anymore for the difficulty it take to make, but they been going for 1000's of gold

Trade runs were ****ed over. to fully grasp it you have to be familiar with the game and how much the changes effect people, but its significant.

Lastly and the worst of all, which leads me to believe the game may be doomed is the bot problem. Even in alpha with a fairly high pay wall there are waaay to many bots. To the point now where in some areas there are more bots than players (though that could be tied in with a 2nd server opening and split population), during the first couple of weeks i never saw a bot, may 1 or 2 that were shouting spam.

But now there everywhere, Spamming constantly, and farming gold. I know a lot of the bots are hacked accounts but the amount is disheartening and this is with a pay wall and limited amount of accounts, i don't see whats to really stop them during release

So there's my wall of text about the game.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

i went ahead and bought the Archeum founder's pack for £109.99, pretty cheap considering what you get for it. shame on people for not supporting the devs and trying to fish for free beta access. no wonder we're stuck with shit games like CoD.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 80

We will see how they deal with bots problem.

Also, last few MMO games I bought, I stopped after a month. FFXIV, Landmark, ESO, Wildstar. I need time to recover...
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you. My 3D Character Artist Folio

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 122

Quote Originally Posted by Z0MBiE View Post
    i went ahead and bought the Archeum founder's pack for £109.99, pretty cheap considering what you get for it. shame on people for not supporting the devs and trying to fish for free beta access. no wonder we're stuck with shit games like CoD.
    Trion is not the developer.. They are simply getting data from the actual developers - at their request. So, no.. You aren't supporting the actual developers when you buy the Founder's Packs. All you are doing is feeding the wallets of the host, which I guess may or may not be helpful in the long run.

The game is already set up aside from certain Western changes. It's merely a copy of every other version out there, though.
    Current Games:

Blade and Soul NA
    Black Desert NA
    Albion Online (CBT)

Waiting for:

Overwatch (CBT)

Or that they gotta learn to make great games like this instead.

Game Journalist Reputation: 484

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    Or that they gotta learn to make great games like this instead.
    But that would end up costing more money than localizing a game. And if they're not willing to pay to localize a game, why would they be willing to fund a great game that goes against the "proven path"?

Also, every time Trion makes money, the original developers are making money as well. It's not like Trion is getting to host the game for free - they have to pay for the rights.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or ******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Kite View Post
    Lastly and the worst of all, which leads me to believe the game may be doomed is the bot problem. Even in alpha with a fairly high pay wall there are waaay to many bots. To the point now where in some areas there are more bots than players (though that could be tied in with a 2nd server opening and split population), during the first couple of weeks i never saw a bot, may 1 or 2 that were shouting spam.

But now there everywhere, Spamming constantly, and farming gold. I know a lot of the bots are hacked accounts but the amount is disheartening and this is with a pay wall and limited amount of accounts, i don't see whats to really stop them during release

I was reading an old thread about bots on a different website. Seems like the RU version died to them as well. Unless Trion IP blocks this version will probably have the same fate.

Here's hoping Trion blocks all of Asia who already has lots of other (if not better) games to play. :s

A quick Google search revealed that there are already lots of people converting existing bot programs for the NA.
    Last edited by PoorGamer; 07-14-2014 at 11:30 PM.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

Bots/hacks can be blocked if the developer/publisher cares enough. So we will see how Trion manages it. I know that I will PK any bot/hacker I see even if I do some jail time afterwards.

General Manager Reputation: 526

Just set a batch of keys live. Won't last long. Grab one if you need it.

http://www.onrpg.com/giveaways/arche...-key-giveaway/
    Iíd rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Stardew Valley
    History:Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

It's quite ridiculous how fast these keys are running out during the weekday.

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 102

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post

.........Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    But that would end up costing more money than localizing a game. And if they're not willing to pay to localize a game, why would they be willing to fund a great game that goes against the "proven path"?

Also, every time Trion makes money, the original developers are making money as well. It's not like Trion is getting to host the game for free - they have to pay for the rights.
    Not gonna argue with you. I know we actually share many similar view on things.
    But if this game fails because of something out of Publisher's ability to fix, for example, writing code to detect and ban bots, and stuff like that. Then having absolute control over the game is the solution. So they gotta develop the game themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post

Thank you kindly !
    Last edited by ASNZern; 07-15-2014 at 01:47 AM.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 24

anyone have spare key? (

I would really like a key very much as well.

So if possible, send me ^^

Thx in advance

Detective Kirby Reputation: 15

Signed up for beta. Something tells me it will go into open beta faster than some people are expecting. They went from alpha to closed beta pretty fast after my friend told me he spent the $120 to get into the Russian alpha.

De-hyping time.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...partial-one%29

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...Need-an-Answer

And apparently in the Russian version there are actual hacks like teleporting, radar, etc.

Radar Player
    Radar NPC
    Radar resources
    Radar of active objects
    Wallhack PC
    Wallhack NPC
    Wallhack resources
    Wallhack active objects
    Nofall damage disabler
    "In target" window *
    Teleport to any place on the map
    Shows your treasure map places on the game map
    Last edited by PoorGamer; 07-15-2014 at 07:01 AM.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 22

De-hyping time.

And apparently in the Russian version there are actual hacks like teleporting, radar, etc.
    meh happens in games hopefully thing publisher does something pretty much what it comes down to it.

R.I.P Tupac Amaru Shakur

1971-1996

"I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world."

ó Tupac Shakur

Link's Dirty Sock Reputation: 20

Got late again, anyone has a spare key?

Thanks in advance.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 610

Quote Originally Posted by bonus hole boy View Post
    Don't be a pedantic ***** about this. Would you rather play those other versions which aren't in English, and have to spend ages shitting up the forums asking people to translate moonspeak for you? Because that's what'll happen next time there'sa great foreign mmo, because publishers will look at this and realize that localizing mmos is a waste of money.
    i already played the russian version to cap, with everything in english. (:
    too bad you are wasting money on a shitty company that will completely break archeage.

localizing is not a waste of money, putting alpha behing a HUGE paywall is. especially when the items you get for paying are items readily available in-game (lol blacksmith stones)

Raider of Empty Tombs Reputation: 7

Got my Alpha Key for free months ago, the game is great but I just don't have the time to be playing right now, I'll be back when the game releases though.
    Currently working on Eitr, an Action Adventure RPG. [Video]

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    i already played the russian version to cap, with everything in english. (:
    too bad you are wasting money on a shitty company that will completely break archeage.

localizing is not a waste of money, putting alpha behing a HUGE paywall is. especially when the items you get for paying are items readily available in-game (lol blacksmith stones)

Want money? Gotta be strong.
    Want to get strong? Going to need money or to craft.
    Want to craft? Have fun finding resources chump! Unless you give us money, then we hold your hand.

Toss in subscriber, paid alpha, paid beta and an army of bots in the $150 to get into alpha.

The more I find out about this game the more I just wish for a decent P2P.. I actually regret going on the forums because now all of my hope is lost. I really need to just give up on MMORPGs until Sword Art Online grade virtual reality games pop up.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

De-hyping time.

nice, i think i'll buy some hacks too. gotta stay ahead of the noobs.