Everytime I leave my computer in sleep mode for long period of time.

  1. #1
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,078
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Everytime I leave my computer in sleep mode for long period of time.

    Like overnight

    My overclock settings reset..

    How do I keep it from doing that?

  2. #2
    Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572
    SnOwPrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Flanders
    Posts
    12,118
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    If it's your CPU. Good luck with continuing to short out your CPU! Do a BIOS OC instead.

    If it's your GPU... My best guess is that you didn't save your OC settings to set it to your OC upon boot. The reason your OC is gone is because your GPU driver crashed and rebooted itself. Sleep mode is rather known to **** up things here and there and you should NOT use it.
    If it's not that, I have no idea as to why atm.


    [My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

  3. #3
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,078
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    If it's your CPU. Good luck with continuing to short out your CPU! Do a BIOS OC instead.

    If it's your GPU... My best guess is that you didn't save your OC settings to set it to your OC upon boot. The reason your OC is gone is because your GPU driver crashed and rebooted itself. Sleep mode is rather known to **** up things here and there and you should NOT use it.
    If it's not that, I have no idea as to why atm.
    It is my CPU.

    I did OC in my Bios.

  4. #4
    Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572
    SnOwPrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Flanders
    Posts
    12,118
    Rep Power
    24


    [My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

  5. #5
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243
    HamsterMascot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    12,733
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Turn off that OC. What I've heard you ask about computers on these forums, you should be the last person that should OC his PC. And like bunz linked here. Sleepmode won't continue things like OC'd CPU's or Speed Fan settings upon booting.

  6. #6
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,078
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    Turn off that OC. What I've heard you ask about computers on these forums, you should be the last person that should OC his PC. And like bunz linked here. Sleepmode won't continue things like OC'd CPU's or Speed Fan settings upon booting.
    Well from my research, OC is only harmful to the PC if you put too high on the voltage setting. I am monitoring my heat right now and as long as it say under 60 Degrees C, then it should be fine right?


    Is it better to just shut down my computer rather than putting it on sleep mode.

  7. #7
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243
    HamsterMascot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    12,733
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    Well from my research, OC is only harmful to the PC if you put too high on the voltage setting. I am monitoring my heat right now and as long as it say under 60 Degrees C, then it should be fine right?


    Is it better to just shut down my computer rather than putting it on sleep mode.
    It doesn't matter when it's safe or not. People that have no knowledge about PC's shouldn't do things like OC'ing. You don't know what to do, and you can easily make mistakes. At one moment it might run fine, and the other moment it could make your system unstable and whatsoever. Besides, you don't even need to OC a 2nd or 3rd generation i5 if it's mostly used for gaming.

  8. #8
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,146
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Breaking sh*t is an important part of learning. I can't count all the things I have learned from it.

    For example, breaking RAM taught me that just because you can make it fit doesn't mean it will work.

  9. #9
    Elsa! :3 Reputation: 572
    SnOwPrincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Flanders
    Posts
    12,118
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Espada1 View Post
    Well from my research, OC is only harmful to the PC if you put too high on the voltage setting. I am monitoring my heat right now and as long as it say under 60 Degrees C, then it should be fine right?
    Not completely.

    Unstable OCs are more harmful than OCs that are too hot...


    [My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •