Crowdfunding to Develop an HIV/AIDs Vaccine

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Well, I know what I have seen and read. It could be a hoax. I don't have the expertise to argue about it. I doubt you do either.

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 327

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Such a predictable response. The world isn't overpopulated.
    Except that it is, by any reasonable standard. Whomever told you it isn't haven't been paying attention to the strain the human population is causing to this planet, and to each other.

Everyone can sacrifice an apple a day to make $10 to donate, unless you literally live on the streets.

I am not forcing anyone to donate, but don't even bother posting your sad inexcusable excuses. You can afford $10 to donate. You just don't want to.
    What people can and cannot sacrifice is a subjective standard, which every individual decides for themselves. You do not set that standard for other people, which is why you are not at liberty to tell other what they can or cannot afford.

It's a relational concept - without saying from what the cost should be deducted, you cannot say whether a person can afford something or not.
    Do I have 10 dollars? Yes. Do I have 10 dollars that aren't dedicated to things I either need to stay alive, or need to feel psychological fulfilled as a human being? No.
    I.E can I afford to give away 10 dollars? No, I really can't.

What you fail to get is that there is absolutely nothing wrong about not wanting to donate to something, and not wanting to donate to something because you have other things you either need to, or want to buy, and that such a scenario is interchangeable with the term "cannot afford".
    By saying the opposite, and that anything we can afford given that we re-prioritize our money-spending, is something we can afford, is ****ing inane, because by that logic absolutely everyone can afford anything given that they have the needed resource at this given moment.
    By that logic, it's reasonable to ask a person to donate his heart to a person who needs it because guess what, you have a heart, you can afford it.

If you're like me however, and you define "afford" to mean, any resource you can abandon without detriment to physical or psychological well-being, then no, having excess money at a given moment in time, does not necessarily mean you can afford to give it away. Absolutely ****ing no.

Now take your bullshit reasoning somewhere else.

PS. I would have you know that I actually would donate to this, if I had more excess money. At this moment I don't, because I'm in-between jobs, have a family I have to take care of, and a student loan. To me, that is more important than 10 dollars to HIV research.

The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

I'd rather donate to wikipedia.

Progress based on a donation model is usually a wild goose chase.
    Of course no one believes that something works that hasn't been showed to work. Being innovative is always swimming against the stream.
    On the other hand they don't have any "new" ideas. So it's not going to work. Money for a cause that's already lost.

You can spend 10$ on hunger relieve and it will get value every time for the money. I wonder how often humanity can afford spending 10$ for every person on a pipe dream.
    Remember, that there is no limit to the possible number of pipe dreams.
    Last edited by Ronin; 07-13-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Stay frosty.

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 596

With the couple of 'breakthroughs' in both diabetes and autism, I'd rather spend my money there first. :x

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

I couldn't figure out how to donate, so I gave up.

Though I admit I probably wouldn't donate even if I could figure out where to do so. There are other problems I'm more interested in donating towards right now.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

Everyone can sacrifice an apple a day to make $10 to donate, unless you literally live on the streets.

I am not forcing anyone to donate, but don't even bother posting your sad inexcusable excuses. You can afford $10 to donate. You just don't want to.
    No, but being jobless while trying to go to college and forcing yourself to take out loans that will eventually cause you to buckle under financial pressure is actually a thing. Don't assume you know I have money to spare, and stop with your passive aggressive behavior towards people that won't donate, they have their own issues, like I said, and some actually just simply can't afford to do it, myself included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

The Undead Reputation: 448

There are hundreds of ways to donate to these causes and there have been for years. If people wanted to they would have by now.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Yeah, I can afford to spend 10$ on this, just like any of the other causes such as the various cancers. So let me ask this then: why specifically this one? And if I should donate any expendable income I have to this one, should I do it for others? Shouldn't this rule apply to everyone then?
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 229

I don't want to donate to a group that I don't know anything about, I'd rather donate my money to groups that I know do actual work.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Boy will our faces be red when we all get AIDs.
    Lets just hope it's from embarrassment and not minor cold.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast