Crowdfunding to Develop an HIV/AIDs Vaccine

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Spyro’s Burning Cough Reputation: 145

Once an immunity is discovered to prevent HIV/AIDs, it will be readily distributed all over the world. This is security for you, your children, their children, etc. An immunity to HIV/AIDs is a HUGE deal. It's not something that needs continued donations after it is distributed, and it would affect the entire world in a multitude of ways. Less money and tax dollars would be used for infected patients, because there will be far less so, which would allow that money to assist people in other significant means such as the starving, homeless, etc. Therefore, the magnitude of such a vaccine is incomparable and much greater than feeding a tribe of people for a week.

You can sacrifice literally just one meal a day for ten days and you will still be perfectly fine, healthy, and it would be worth it. So yes, everyone can afford to donate $10 if you have a source of income. If you choose not to, that is a priority issue. Not a lack of funding issue.

@Pok - Then do research on this, because this is far bigger than donating to kid's school supplies, clothing the homeless, or rescuing dogs, as I previously mentioned.

@Kashis From what I've learned after researching their objectives, they've stated that their leads are a different approach that can't be thoroughly tested without donations. Perhaps they have a better marketing team than the usual scientists striving for cures and immunities, but I'd rather donate $10 to a supposedly "new" failed approach, unbeknownst to me, than to not donate at all.

If you can fund other research, that's great too.

@Zombie That's true, and here's one that may have potential.

@ApocaRUFF I sincerely am grateful that you at least gave the thought a chance. If you reconsider, all you have to do is click "donate now" on the website here: http://www.immunityproject.org/

@Snowbunzz What breakthroughs are those? Do you mind sharing the sources you fund?

@Ronin Oh, sweetie, Wikipedia isn't going to save billions of lives.

@Hian I already addressed most of your gripes. Furthermore, I do believe overpopulation is a social construct.

Overpopulation has been a prediction for centuries. As time progresses, so does technology, efficiency, education, etc. I doubt overpopulation will ever be the real reason people starve to death or resources become scarce. More like, lack of income and access. And, as one resource is used up, a new source of energy is perfected and put into use. A lack of desire to use other means of organic energy does not equate to overpopulation. That's stubbornness and greed.

If overpopulation ever becomes legitimate, it won't be for a very long time. And by that time, we'd likely be able to venture to other planets.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

Satan. Wank it Phanein. Reputation: 605

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    @Snowbunzz What breakthroughs are those? Do you mind sharing the sources you fund?
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...-approach.html
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/b...r-201406177215

Breakthrough might be a bit too... 'strong'. They're still significant steps forward though. As with all big steps, we probably need to wait 9-10 years before it's accessible and affordable. :/

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...-approach.html
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/b...r-201406177215

Breakthrough might be a bit too... 'strong'. They're still significant steps forward though. As with all big steps, we probably need to wait 9-10 years before it's accessible and affordable. :/
    Ooh, those are great articles. Thanks for sharing!

Autism linkus?

Quote Originally Posted by maryxu View Post
    but not everyone want to donated, various person have different thoughts
    As I stated, I'm not forcing anyone to donate, but excuses aren't necessary. If someone is going to post a nonsensical excuse, I'm going to refute it.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Not seeing a really convincing enough arguement to donate to this so im going to pass.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Not seeing a really convincing enough arguement to donate to this so im going to pass.
    Apparently nothing will.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 229

@Pok - Then do research on this, because this is far bigger than donating to kid's school supplies, clothing the homeless, or rescuing dogs, as I previously mentioned.
    I'm in medicine, I work with HIV positive patients quite often, I wasn't saying that the cause wasn't worthy, I was saying I'd decide which organization to donate to instead of taking the word of someone who is trying to guilt-trip people into donating making their chosen group seem more and more like a scam.

It seems to me that you have went from being helpful by introducing this group to being a liability by the constant badgering.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

Apparently nothing will.
    From you? Not likely.

I'll stick with what I already have been donating to, thanks.

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pok View Post
    I'm in medicine, I work with HIV positive patients quite often, I wasn't saying that the cause wasn't worthy, I was saying I'd decide which organization to donate to instead of taking the word of someone who is trying to guilt-trip people into donating making their chosen group seem more and more like a scam.

It seems to me that you have went from being helpful by introducing this group to being a liability by the constant badgering.
    I'm simply responding to nonsensical excuses. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    From you? Not likely.

I'll stick with what I already have been donating to, thanks.
    OooOooOoOoh, so much hates.

Good job, you're not a complete douche!

I'm simply responding to nonsensical excuses. Nothing more.

OooOooOoOoh, so much hates.

Good job, you're not a complete douche!
    It's not even hate, you just really aren't the best person for this nor have you really said anything to convince people this would be a great idea.

Call me what you like, you aren't going to gather people to any of your causes if you continue to be the way you are.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast