Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Gender Equality

  1. #1
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Gender Equality

    So, I was reading an article about a teenage couple(under 18) sharing explicit photos of each other. Both parties sent and stored these images. However, only one of the involved parties is facing charges. That's right the male involved may be facing adult charges related to to possession of child pornography.

    I does not understand...

  2. #2
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    How old are both of them? And what country/state do they reside?

  3. #3
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    source ?

    not saying i don't believe you, but it's a good idea to back up what yr saying

  4. #4
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    17m 15f. Virginia.
    The age of consent in Virginia is 18, with a close in age exception which allows teenagers aged 15, 16 and 17 to engage in sexual acts, but only with a partner younger than 18.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...dfa_story.html

  5. #5
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    idunno, put it down to fvcked up southern morality, i guess. and before anyone tries to call me on it, yeah i know this is a lazy conclusion to come to. meh
    Last edited by postrook; 07-13-2014 at 03:35 AM.

  6. #6
    Pipster's Punk Reputation: 83
    M1nGs3N4yuk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    2,485
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I'm not sure about other countries but the United States have a ridiculous and nonsensical attitude on gender equality regarding both sexes. Neither sexes are safe from societal judgement.

  7. #7
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176
    Wicked315's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida.
    Posts
    7,831
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    To be honest, it's pretty ridiculous. The girl sent nudes, he didn't force her, they both (I'm assuming) knew each other in real life as well, in which case they probably had sexual intercourse as well. I'm sorry but this is life. Teenagers do these things. She acted on her own will and charges should only be pressed if SHE wishes it, but to be perfectly fair, charges shouldn't be pressed at all, considering once again, she WILLINGLY TOOK PICTURES. Unless there is some secret rape/force/blackmail we're not seeing, charges are just... unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

  8. #8
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked315 View Post
    To be honest, it's pretty ridiculous. The girl sent nudes, he didn't force her, they both (I'm assuming) knew each other in real life as well, in which case they probably had sexual intercourse as well. I'm sorry but this is life. Teenagers do these things. She acted on her own will and charges should only be pressed if SHE wishes it, but to be perfectly fair, charges shouldn't be pressed at all, considering once again, she WILLINGLY TOOK PICTURES. Unless there is some secret rape/force/blackmail we're not seeing, charges are just... unacceptable.
    It's not that simple. Underage children are legally not mentally developed and responsible enough to make such decisions because of lack of experience and development. It's a rule to keep them safe until they are capable of more rational, responsible decisions.

    According to the information presented, however, he shouldn't be punished. I didn't read the article, I'm assuming what he stated is truth.

  9. #9
    Retired Staff Reputation: 704
    SnOwBunZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hamster's closet.
    Posts
    12,740
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Sort of hi-jacking but still related:

    What if a 18 to 21yo female has sex with a ~12yo male? According to a lot of people I know, the kid should get charged (with rape) instead of the female and it baffles me on that mentality. :|

  10. #10
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 366
    hian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    JAAAPAAAAAN
    Posts
    2,966
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    It's not that simple. Underage children are legally not mentally developed and responsible enough to make such decisions because of lack of experience and development. It's a rule to keep them safe until they are capable of more rational, responsible decisions.

    According to the information presented, however, he shouldn't be punished. I didn't read the article, I'm assuming what he stated is truth.
    Who sets that precedent?

    In most Scandinavian and western European countries I know, the legal age for sex is 16, so what is considered "emotionally unequipped for responsible sexual behavior" is viewed differently from country to country.
    In fact, I don't think you'll find any scientifically meaningful standard to determine that age.

    Most people I know lost their virginity somewhere around 14-16, myself included, and they(I) never had any issues with that what so ever(in fact I treasure it, since the sex I had during high school was by far the best I've ever had, up until this day, a decade or so later). I'd like to think of myself as having been pretty responsible since the day I had any semblance of consciousness, seeing as I've never on a single occasion done anything remotely like the retarded stuff you hear kids do these days.

    Acting in a way consistent with a certain level of rationality has come naturally to me since I was 3 years old or so, without failure. Why should I, and people like me, suffer the limitations of law because some of other humans are to effing dumb to manage something similar.

    Some of these days, I just hope the world ends up like in Psycho-pass.
    The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

  11. #11
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Actually, The legal age of consent in the majority of the US is 16.
    The laws are in place to help prevent people from taking advantage of kids. It's fairly easy to take advantage of people with no real life experience, especially in areas that are being heavily dictated by hormones.

  12. #12
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,294
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Before a conviction this isn't news.

    *yawn*

    #outrageculture

    Stay frosty.

  13. #13
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 366
    hian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    JAAAPAAAAAN
    Posts
    2,966
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Actually, The legal age of consent in the majority of the US is 16.
    The laws are in place to help prevent people from taking advantage of kids. It's fairly easy to take advantage of people with no real life experience, especially in areas that are being heavily dictated by hormones.
    For some it is, for some it isn't.
    The problem with non-contextual approaches to cases dealing with age of consent, is that hormone balance, emotional maturity etc, is individual, and that age as a number used in a bureaucratic process has little to do with actual facts of individuals pertaining to a given case.

    Point in case - If a person is 17, and another person is 15, you cannot determine based on common sense and averages that the 15 year old has a lower level of emotional maturity, and/or less life experience.

    I've met teenagers with more common sense, more useful life-experiences, and and a more wholesome view of society than many 40 year old people. Where you live, how you live, what you eat, who you know etc etc. has too much of an impact on how people turn out, than days they've spent time breathing.

    It's especially problematic in heterosexual relationships. Why? Because girls exhibit more emotional development much faster than boys, on average. There is a reason that, on average, girls tend to go for boys a bit older, and boys tend to go for girls a bit younger.

    So, when you see a 17 year old boy with a 15 year old girl, it really isn't odd, inappropriate, or anything of the sort. It's completely ordinary. The paranoia that U.S people seem to experience in those cases, is born from a backwards and old traditions of christian morality and sexuality, combined with right-wing rhetorical fear-mongering, and left-wing victimization narratives.

    While it's okay to have a general age of consent, it shouldn't be so static and strictly upheld that there isn't room for grey areas, and contextual considerations. In cases where one party is above, and one is below, one should consider the extent of the gap, interview the individuals extensively to evaluate their emotional state and their level of maturity etc. and one should take into account physical evidence that speaks to whether consent existed between the two, if such is available.
    I maintain that, if non of the involved parties feel wronged in any way, and no evidence of foul play can be introduced, then no legal ramifications should be forthcoming.
    The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

  14. #14
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    So, make sex ed an actual course, similar to drivers education. You pass, get your permit and ****.

  15. #15
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 640
    Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hitman Victor
    Posts
    6,294
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    So, make sex ed an actual course, similar to drivers education. You pass, get your permit and ****.
    I guess you don't mean to add a practical test though, do you?

    Otherwise that idea is actually pretty good.
    Last edited by Ronin; 07-13-2014 at 06:33 PM.

    Stay frosty.

  16. #16
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 366
    hian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    JAAAPAAAAAN
    Posts
    2,966
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I guess you don't mean to add a practical test though, do you?

    Otherwise that idea is actually pretty good.
    Oh yes, a practical test with real dolls, where a teacher gives you marks on performance.
    The teacher has this little check-list which looks like this:

    1. Student is using contraceptives - yes/no
    2. Student is spending time being considerate of partners sexual needs and achieving climax? - yes/no
    3. Student is capable of going beyond missionary? - yes/no
    4. Student is not engaging in any activity sexual or otherwise that might result in the partner being hurt - yes/no
    5. If male, additional point for creativity at climax(aiming for face, buttocks, chest and so forth) - yes/no
    6. If female, additional point for creativity at climax(like growling, crying, empty flattery, and so forth) - yes/no

    You need at least 4 points to pass, 5 points is a good pass, and 6 points means you're awarded with a golden vibrator, and a free coupon for a stripper of your choice.
    The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

  17. #17
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 125

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In my little box.
    Posts
    2,926
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hian View Post
    Oh yes, a practical test with real dolls, where a teacher gives you marks on performance.
    The teacher has this little check-list which looks like this:

    1. Student is using contraceptives - yes/no
    2. Student is spending time being considerate of partners sexual needs and achieving climax? - yes/no
    3. Student is capable of going beyond missionary? - yes/no
    4. Student is not engaging in any activity sexual or otherwise that might result in the partner being hurt - yes/no
    5. If male, additional point for creativity at climax(aiming for face, buttocks, chest and so forth) - yes/no
    6. If female, additional point for creativity at climax(like growling, crying, empty flattery, and so forth) - yes/no
    7. Student is showing cases of necrophilla due not to being able to get hard unless the person is cold and blue
    You need at least 4 points to pass, 5 points is a good pass, and 6 points means you're awarded with a golden vibrator, and a free coupon for a stripper of your choice.
    ...............

  18. #18
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hian View Post
    Who sets that precedent?

    In most Scandinavian and western European countries I know, the legal age for sex is 16, so what is considered "emotionally unequipped for responsible sexual behavior" is viewed differently from country to country.
    In fact, I don't think you'll find any scientifically meaningful standard to determine that age.

    Most people I know lost their virginity somewhere around 14-16, myself included, and they(I) never had any issues with that what so ever(in fact I treasure it, since the sex I had during high school was by far the best I've ever had, up until this day, a decade or so later). I'd like to think of myself as having been pretty responsible since the day I had any semblance of consciousness, seeing as I've never on a single occasion done anything remotely like the retarded stuff you hear kids do these days.
    The state, which is essentially people, create the laws in the best interests of adults and children. Personally, I don't think people under 18 (maybe 17) should be fcking because it's very easy to ignorantly spread diseases and to have emotions mistreated and such. It's also weird, and even disgusting.

    If a 14-year-old wants to have sex with a 14-year-old, ok. But a 14-year-old cannot have sex with an 18-year-old+ (or whatever the law is set to for each respective state).

    These laws weren't created just to be cruel. And it's not as if you can't have sex at age 14 or whatever, it's that you can't have sex with someone who knows better than to potentially use you or manipulate you, as adolescents are far more impressionable than adults.

    Acting in a way consistent with a certain level of rationality has come naturally to me since I was 3 years old or so, without failure. Why should I, and people like me, suffer the limitations of law because some of other humans are to effing dumb to manage something similar.
    lol I doubt it.

    Boo hoo, you have to follow the rules everyone else has to so you have a higher chance of being protected by the law in case of misconduct. A two or three year wait to have sex with an adult isn't going to kill you. Use your hand and stop complaining about nothing.

    Children often feel they are more mature and mentally capable than they actually are, which is how many of them acquire diseases, physical abuse, mental abuse, regrets, etc.

    There are always exceptions and exceptional people to every law, which is why each case deserves its own trial. However, more often than not, an adult was fcking a child for the sake of fcking and only fcking.

    Some of these days, I just hope the world ends up like in Psycho-pass.
    I don't know what this means, but it sounds psychotic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SnOwBunZz View Post
    Sort of hi-jacking but still related:

    What if a 18 to 21yo female has sex with a ~12yo male? According to a lot of people I know, the kid should get charged (with rape) instead of the female and it baffles me on that mentality. :|
    lol...........That sounds absurd. Did you actually ask people that question, or are you assuming people think that?

    If the 18-21-year-old woman willingly had sex with a 12-year-old male, that is statutory rape.

    If the 12-year-old raped the woman (forced penetration), then he did rape her and he should be punished accordingly.

  19. #19
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 758
    Abhorsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    14,747
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    It's not that simple. Underage children are legally not mentally developed and responsible enough to make such decisions because of lack of experience and development.
    people learn from their mistakes, and if it wasnt a mistake to them then its only good.

  20. #20
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 445
    TreyTrey12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,844
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I recall there being a case of a 16 or so year old guy being hit with a sex offender case for touching up his girlfriend whom was 15 or 16 as well.

    I really doubt that consent laws are in place for the best of society, it's more of a isolated thing, which is why such varies across the world.

    The whole topic regarding consent..It's quite strange though.
    It's worse, and Looked down upon nowadays for a 16 year old to date a 18 year old, than a 20 year old to shag up with a 50 year old. Simply because one is at the magical number 18, and one isn't.


    A lot of people will say it's cause of maturity levels, but I really doubt that is the case every time. Women mature faster, mentally, than men. This usually leads to females overlooking guys of their age or similar and seeking older guys.

    Think about it, amongst high school girls I noticed it was the shyt to date a 20 year old cause they probably had a car, crib, etc...stuff most ppl around their age didn't have access to.
    The girl was looked up upon.

    Now if you look at it from the guy's standpoint.
    A 20 year old guy dating a 17 year old..would make people call him a cradle robber. Even though they both met in high school 2 years ago.



    Either way it goes men get the shaft regardless lol
    Last edited by TreyTrey12; 07-13-2014 at 11:56 PM.

  21. #21
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 366
    hian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    JAAAPAAAAAN
    Posts
    2,966
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    The state, which is essentially people, create the laws in the best interests of adults and children. Personally, I don't think people under 18 (maybe 17) should be fcking because it's very easy to ignorantly spread diseases and to have emotions mistreated and such. It's also weird, and even disgusting.
    God I wish I was smoking the same stuff as you.

    The state does what the majority of people, and the dominant culture wants it to do.
    If the dominant culture is a bunch of moralistic asshats raised in a clearly Christian environment, that is going to effect legislation.

    Point in case, as I already said, a large large number of countries in the world has set the limit to 16, so there's that.

    What you find weird and disgusting is irrelevant. I don't find it weird in disgusting, and neither does many other people.
    Your emotional frailty is not a good standard for what constitutes reasonable legislation, nor should other people have their freedoms limited because you find something that's non of your business(other people's sex life) weird and disgusting.

    As for ignorantly spreading diseases etc. What's your data? That's an assumption. Furthermore, the U.S has shit sex ed, so it's a really bad argument. What's the real problem here? Teens being irresponsible, or teens not having the right education on matters pertaining to sex, living in a sexually repressive culture?

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    If a 14-year-old wants to have sex with a 14-year-old, ok. But a 14-year-old cannot have sex with an 18-year-old+ (or whatever the law is set to for each respective state).
    Who made that argument? Nobody. No points for you.
    The argument here is 17 vs 15, and other cases where the difference in age is a variable of a couple of years. Not a person who's 14, and therefore in most countries still considered a child by the law, and who might not, biologically speaking, be done with puberty.

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    These laws weren't created just to be cruel. And it's not as if you can't have sex at age 14 or whatever, it's that you can't have sex with someone who knows better than to potentially use you or manipulate you, as adolescents are far more impressionable than adults.
    Point in case, 18 year olds and down are not adults, and vary greatly in emotional development and impressionability.
    Again, your argument is off point. How about reading posts before replying?

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    lol I doubt it.
    Personal history - No teen pregnancies, no STD's, no drunken stupors, no criminal convictions, no serious accidents, no interpersonal conflicts of note, and no history of anti-social behavior.
    All this despite the fact that I began drinking at the age of 14, lost my virginity at the age of 15, play violent video games, watch porn, and have partaken in illegal substances. A complete anomaly, or just what you'd expect if you're raised in a reasonable secular culture with a good public school system like Norway?

    Take your nanny-state bullshit somewhere else please.

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Boo hoo, you have to follow the rules everyone else has to so you have a higher chance of being protected by the law in case of misconduct. A two or three year wait to have sex with an adult isn't going to kill you. Use your hand and stop complaining about nothing.
    Rules meant to protect idiots from being idiots culls and devolves society into a bunch of mentally deficient orcs who need warning stickers on ovens to stop them from trying to dry their new-bathed children and burning them to death.
    I don't want to live in that society.

    I'd rather live in a society where laws show leniency, and we foster a culture that teaches people not to act like they weren't born with a brain, when they in fact were.
    That's true social progression. Equality and social progression can exist on many different levels. Your advocacy boils down to beating all the nails down to the same shitty level. My advocacy is to pull everyone up to the same level of comfort and freedom.

    You might want to live in a society that holds your hand while you pee, but don't try to force others to live in that society because you don't have the mental caliber to shoulder actual responsibility as part of a group of sentient beings that by all accounts have managed to become the most successful species on the face of the earth.


    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Children often feel they are more mature and mentally capable than they actually are, which is how many of them acquire diseases, physical abuse, mental abuse, regrets, etc.
    The exact same can be said for adults. You're over-reaching and over-simplifying.

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    There are always exceptions and exceptional people to every law, which is why each case deserves its own trial. However, more often than not, an adult was fcking a child for the sake of fcking and only fcking.
    The fact that you acknowledge what you do in that first post nullifies everything else you've written because that's the essential part of my advocacy. What's your problem at that point?

    As for the second part - what the **** do you know about that? Stop pulling assumptions out of your ass. In fact, that attitude is an integral part of the problem. It's that kind of moralistic bullshit judgements on people's sexuality that creates the kind of atmosphere that renders sex into this taboo which alienates youngsters from the learning process surrounding sexuality and thus makes it harder for them to be responsible about matter pertaining to sex.

    You, and people like you, are the actual problem.


    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    If the 12-year-old raped the woman (forced penetration), then he did rape her and he should be punished accordingly.
    Rape is not defined as forced penetration. By that definition, men cannot be raped(except in the ass), and many women who've been raped wouldn't qualify either. The fact that you even put that part in your post, assuming it wasn't some sort of miss-type(or maybe it was a freudian slip), shows a lot about how you view gender dynamics.

    Seriously man. I don't usually tell people to re-think their lives, but you certainly strike me as one who ought to.
    Last edited by hian; 07-13-2014 at 11:50 PM.
    The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

  22. #22
    Hoshigami Reputation: 427
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    7,844
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    There isn't even a defining age of consent in this country; it ranges from 16-18, based on whatever the state AKA the people there decided was appropriate, and there are certain states that have an age gap provision that does allow for variations in age between the two people in question, should one be below the legal age.

    And just to clarify how this applies to this argument, it's usually 2 years with the ages in question so in certain states, 17 and 15 are fine. I'm really surprised no one has brought this up yet.

    Age is not the reason why people are ignorant or mistreated, education is.
    Last edited by Kashis; 07-13-2014 at 11:59 PM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis, https://www.neonmob.com/@sliphatos
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Fantasy Life, Monster Hunter 4, Splatoon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •