Gigantic, New MOBA announced by indie studio Motiga

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Default Gigantic, New MOBA announced by indie studio Motiga

YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.gogigantic.com/

Art Style is definitely reminiscent of Dota 2's but I think it has potential.

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 48

I don't understand why devs think creating a MoBA to compete with Dota, LoL, and Smite is going to bring them anything aside from bankruptcy? All of these MoBAs being created are destined to fail.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by firemonk98 View Post
    I don't understand why devs think creating a MoBA to compete with Dota, LoL, and Smite is going to bring them anything aside from bankruptcy? All of these MoBAs being created are destined to fail.
    you are so closed minded. won't that be the same for mmorpgs or fps's? it's cheaper to develop a moba than an mmo and most moba's are not P2W and there are a lot of people looking for new mobas to play as well.

the moba market isn't even saturated - dota and the others are making so much money since there is no other competition that it is a good investment to try to penetrate that market.

I love the artstyle in this game - all these new mobas coming out have awesome art direction i haven't really found one i didn't enjoy aside from IC

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by chakraflare View Post
    the moba market isn't even saturated - dota and the others are making so much money since there is no other competition that it is a good investment to try to penetrate that market.
    I want to save I've seen about.. 8 Korean f2p MOBAs come out in NA. All of them died. Why? They aren't as polished as DOTA 2, LoL and Smite. These are entirely pvp games where polish and balance means EVERYTHING. The three mentioned games also have a huge playerbase and are free so why play anything else?

Then consider these Korean MOBAs usually have pay to win mechanics and that's why they die.

For what it's worth I like the art style too, but as an example in League of Legends you can patch your client to have custom models/skins that can't be purchased in the game and there are hundreds if not thousands of these models/skins to choose from. How is a most likely broken Korean MOBA going to compete with that? It can't.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by PoorGamer View Post
    I want to save I've seen about.. 8 Korean f2p MOBAs come out in NA. All of them died. Why? They aren't as polished as DOTA 2, LoL and Smite. These are entirely pvp games where polish and balance means EVERYTHING. The three mentioned games also have a huge playerbase and are free so why play anything else?

Then consider these Korean MOBAs usually have pay to win mechanics and that's why they die.

For what it's worth I like the art style too, but as an example in League of Legends you can patch your client to have custom models/skins that can't be purchased in the game and there are hundreds if not thousands of these models/skins to choose from. How is a most likely broken Korean MOBA going to compete with that? It can't.
    list all these mobas you are talking about - the ones i've seen and played are pretty decent. I'm sorry you've found such shitty games but there are a lot of other games out there that are doing well.

I don't see how those are the competition when i was aiming at the non P2W mobas so your arguments don't really make sense.

dawngate infinite crisis strife tome and even adventure time are all fun and don't require money to enjoy - and the skins you mentioned can't be seen by other people and most of them look like garbage.

that's like saying WoW is polished and has so many years on it that why bother playing any other game since it does everything so well?

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by chakraflare View Post
    list all these mobas you are talking about - the ones i've seen and played are pretty decent. I'm sorry you've found such shitty games but there are a lot of other games out there that are doing well.

I don't see how those are the competition when i was aiming at the non P2W mobas so your arguments don't really make sense.

dawngate infinite crisis strife tome and even adventure time are all fun and don't require money to enjoy - and the skins you mentioned can't be seen by other people and most of them look like garbage.

that's like saying WoW is polished and has so many years on it that why bother playing any other game since it does everything so well?
    You know I made a bit of an ass out of myself because the MOBA mentioned in this thread is by an indie studio, but the point is the same.

As far that argument about WoW that isn't true because usually MMORPGs do things differently. Almost every MOBA has the exact same gameplay. The player base is also a real factor because that determines matchmaking times.

Gabriel's Guardian Reputation: 163

Hm. from the clip at the end of the trailer, It looks like it plays more in the style of Super Monday Night Combat than the others. Looking forward to it.

Detective Kirby Reputation: 10

Well it definitely doesn't sound like a traditional MOBA judging from the website info and the minimap.

But it's definitely still a MOBA, with objectives and most likely leveling up/buying items. Meh.

I kinda feel like there's no room in the market and people don't really want any more MOBAs

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 16

And the MOBA bubble inflates again~ Wonder when its going to burst?

Lockhartís are forever Reputation: 10

YAYYYYY another game where everyone gets to look the same and pay money of out their pocket to change colors to be different, YAYYYYYYYYY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast