looking for goal orientated mmo's

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default looking for goal orientated mmo's

just like the title said, im just wondering if there are any i don't know of.

for those that don't know what i am talking about, i'll explain a little

what i mean by goal oriented is as opposed to story oriented that you have a single overaching goal to achieve.

examples of this are :
    planetside(2)
    eve online
    zombie survival games(dayz,h1z1)

i feel like i almost named everything in this genre so i will not limit you any further...
    (altough if there a pve-only version of planetside with basebuilding or any zombie survival game where pvp doesn't cause 99 out of 100 deads you could make me scream like a little girl)

You missed one:

You can get pretty far, only if you don't try to find "goal oriented" minigames in that game though.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 22

what type of goal does eve have I played it for 7 year never knew it had a goal ? Is it to become a a-hole like the rest of the big alliances or become the biggest drama queen or have 20 mining alts to solo mine ?

Game Journalist Reputation: 386

Quote Originally Posted by monkeystory View Post
    You missed one:

You can get pretty far, only if you don't try to find "goal oriented" minigames in that game though.
    This shit is about as free-to-play as Entropia. Sure, you can play for free and either do slave-level labor or do absolutely nothing. Otherwise you'll need to take part in repetitive activities to gain fairly little amounts of the in-game cash. And if you do decide to do nothing (called the "Homeless" profession in the game), you're more than likely going to be in pain or die. I don't know who thought feeling pain in a game would be a good idea, but I guess it gets people to pay.

There are so many little cash sinks that you've got to fill constantly or you'll be screwed. If you want shelter? There's a few hundred dollars out of your pocket. Regular doctor visits will be a bit each month, including your health insurance. Food, while great, costs a shitton - even for the shitty stuff.

There's also an energy system in the game. Everyone hates an energy system. So most of your day is spent doing repetitive tasks so you can fill the cash sinks. Then a few hours of your day is spent doing other shit you probably don't want to do, like driving your car in traffic or dealing with relatives. And then the energy system kicks in. You're forced out of the game for six to eight hours each day, due to it.

Also, it says "fully pvp" but if you PvP anywhere worth PVPing, you'll either get a life-time jail sentenance or executed. And that brings up the perma death. You can't explore most of the world unless you're some super-human, as most of it is trying to kill you. I heard of some Amoebae in Fresh Water lakes on one of the continents that is killing children.

That also brings up the grind. Look forward to a 20+ year tutorial. Sure, at around year 15 the tutorial isn't so bad. But until then it's basically a roller-coaster ride. And not a fun one.

Last, I'll say the AI sucks horribly. Most of the AIs will be so dumb it'll make your head hurt. A large portion of those that aren't dumb are ass holes who want to screw you over. Lower your standards before playing this game.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 07-16-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[7/23]----------(Now recruiting for ArcheAge!!!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 80

"Outside is such a shitty game. 7 billions players are moving plans around as they please. It's a crappy game with no rules or objective."
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    pyrzern.deviantart.com/ - My Art Gallery
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

The Undead Reputation: 417

the nineties called, they want their picture back

Check out Holdpoint Online at www.holdpoint-online.com in basic terms, it is a pve-only sandbox survival game. No zombies though.
    Lead Developer of Holdpoint Online - a sandbox, pve-only MMORPG launching July, 2015
    www.holdpoint-online.com