My Hero

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. #41
    Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 145
    TuxedoSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    553
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Ladies and gentlemans, here is a prime example of male privilege, ignorance, anti-feminism, and hatred:

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Tux, I am a supporter of feminism. I totally believe in equality. That dictates my actions when I tell you to go f*** yourself.

    You want women to be equal except that you seem to think they are weaker/dumber as men are automatically held responsible for the vast majority of issues.
    I don't think you really are or do...

    Nope. Never implied that. I do think the majority of women are physically weaker than the majority of men, but I don't feel women are necessarily weaker in other aspects. Or dumber.

    Please, make up more stuff out of your butt.

    Oh, look, you did...

    We were both drunk and had sex which I later regret. Rape.

    Women who use sex appeal to get ahead should not expect to be treated like they don't.

    Oooh and Men should be able to handle boob crack. Well women should be able to handle half my package hanging out if I want to wear short shorts on a warm day.

    Seriously your double standards and idiocy give all women a bad name and I hope you are mauled by bears.
    Don't be mad at me because you can't accept the fact that you legally raped a woman.

    Laci doesn't use her sex appeal to "get ahead." She wears normal shirts just like any other girl. Are you intoxicated right now?

    I don't know why you are comparing your dick and balls to breasts. They're really quite different. One is used for sexual intercourse and the other is used to feed babies. Men are already allowed to be topless, but women aren't.

    I'm not asking for women to be allowed to show vagina. I'm not even asking for women to be able to show full breast nudity on YouTube. I simply want people to stop mislabeling women because their boob cracks are bigger than other boob cracks.

    But I mean, if you really wanted to have your dick and balls out, there are states/areas that allow public nudity.

    Fortunately, you don't represent all of men, so I will not resort to ignorant comments such as "you make men look bad." You make yourself look bad.

    I also don't hope you are mauled by bears, but I do hope you can let your closed-minded ignorance go one day and see the bigger picture.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pok View Post
    It's a problem because the blame is placed onto the man regardless of situation. It's a problem because alcohol is often used in social situations and the result of this thinking is that if a single drink is consumed by a woman it becomes nonconsensual sex (which the man is to blame even if the male party has also been drinking [since the male has to have the arousal response in order to engage in penetrative sex]). It's a problem since it is a legal definition that the average woman is unable to responsibly drive after a single drink, meaning that if your date decided that they wanted a glass of wine with dinner she is able to consider it rape if you engage in sexual relations afterwards. It's a problem because it can be called rape after-the-fact even if, at the time, it was consensual by both parties who are equally inebriated.

    It's looking for favouritism, not equality.



    Don't get me wrong, if someone is unable to make proper decisions, it's is absolutely unethical to coerce them to do something they'd otherwise not do. If someone is still in the frame of mind that they know what they are doing and then do it they cannot blame the other party. It's not that odd of a situation, if you want to be a victim, you have to be an actual victim from outside sources. If you get drunk and have sex and regret it, it sucks. If you get drunk, drive a car, kill someone, it sucks. Either way, you own some of that responsibility.
    Are you making generalizations that such a situation is frequently unjust and misconducted or is there substantial, legitimate evidence that states this occurs in a large number of cases?

    The thing about the law is that it is never there, in the moment, when the criminal act is taking place. Therefore, in order to provide a service of safety and justice for people, it has to make some generalizations and conduct a trial.

    I'll be honest, I'm not 100% knowledgeable about this particular law and if there are exceptions. All I know is that you're likely in shit if you engage in sexual relations by your own will with an intoxicated person, regardless if you are intoxicated as well. That is the law. I abide by it and I agree with it because there are understandable reasons why it exists.

    Moreover, let's remember, you are only punished if the person files charges against you. This means, you and your girlfriend can get drunk and have sex, and there will be no consequences, as long as she doesn't press charges the next day. Let's also not pretend like that's the norm and happens all the time and unjustly. Most girlfriends/wives/frienefits will not do that unless they actually didn't want to have sex with you.

    Let me ask you this, say you just had a huge dinner with family and you ate too much. You removed your seatbelt while driving because you felt it was making you sick. Unbeknownst to you, a cop sees you do this and pulls you over. He issues you a ticket.

    Now, you know the law, yet you took your seatbelt off anyway and let the cop know that it was because you felt sick, but he didn't have any sympathy for you and ticketed you anyway.

    Different variables, but same concept. You think it's acceptable for the law to make an exception for you because you wanted the benefit of your decision without consequences, because you feel you are justified to loophole out of the law that was created on just reasons.

    Let me give you another example based on a true story.

    There are two young kids who attended a party. They both got shit-faced. The girl passed out on a bed. Her friend she came to the party with removed her pants and started eating her out.

    Now, they're both shit-faced, and he doesn't remember what happened the next day. Do you feel it's okay for this man to not be charged on the basis of "I was drunk, and I don't remember what happened," even though he committed an extremely sexual act that is considered rape?

    "I mean, he was drunk. He shouldn't be held responsible for being drunk to the point of incoherence."

    It doesn't work like that. Even if she's awake. Even if she said "yes" and claims it was rape the next day because her decision wasn't accurate. Intoxication strips people of the right to consent due to its effects. That's it.

    alkdjf

    The first time I was intoxicated, I literally got drunk off of 1.5 shots of vodka. Was I coherent? Enough to remember what happened and control most of what I was doing, but that doesn't mean I was all there and fully functional. The floor was ripply, and I couldn't walk well without swaying, but I remember what happened. I also felt an intense tiredness and limpness, and an inability to keep my eyes open at all times. At the time, I was about 150 lbs. and I am 5'1".

    I didn't know how I would react to alcohol. I didn't know I would get so drunk just from a shot and a half. I also can't tell you if I would have been able to say "no" to someone if they tried to fvck me. I can say for sure, however, that if someone wanted to rape me, they could have and I wouldn't have been able to stop them.

    You don't get to choose who is drunk or not drunk enough to consent. It's not subjective. It's complicated, and the law handles the complications to its best and most basic ability as it can.
    Last edited by TuxedoSam; 07-20-2014 at 09:05 AM.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

  2. #42
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 229
    Pok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,473
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Ladies and gentlemans, here is a prime example of male privilege, ignorance, anti-feminism, and hatred
    It really isn't about privilege at all, it's about equality and taking responsibility for your choices instead of playing the victim.

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Don't be mad at me because you can't accept the fact that you legally raped a woman.
    That's the problem, that's exactly it. If both parties are equally inebriated, you consider the male is the one to blame. Ignore the shades of grey that happen and go for the black and white. That's the problem with your version of feminism, it isn't about equal treatment, it's about superiority because you feel like you're underprivileged.

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    I don't know why you are comparing your dick and balls to breasts. They're really quite different. One is used for sexual intercourse and the other is used to feed babies. Men are already allowed to be topless, but women aren't.
    Women are allowed to be topless in public, it's been argued for again, and again, and again (with significant monetary gains in favour of women vs state). Even though there is a significant anatomical difference and our culture clearly labels the female chest as significantly more sexual, they are legally allowed to be topless in public in all the places men are (at least in my province). This includes breastfeeding or just topless in a hot-tub at a city pool. To dismiss the females breasts as only to feed babies is to be absolutely, incredibly, ignorant of western sexuality.

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    I'm not asking for women to be allowed to show vagina. I'm not even asking for women to be able to show full breast nudity on YouTube. I simply want people to stop mislabeling women because their boob cracks are bigger than other boob cracks.
    The issue here is that they know it is a sexual lure, and they use it, but they use it tucked under the guise of feminism to draw in more views while railing against it. Sex sells, that's fine. Sex sells, you don't like it, but you use it, then you campaign against it as you use it? That's hypocrisy, and that's the major issue against the radical feminists.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

  3. #43
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Nope. I am just tired of people wanting it both ways. I am tired the fake feminists wanting equality and special treatment at the same time. I am tired of all the stupid double standards.

    Do you really think poor judgement when being drunk is exclusively a female thing?
    Men wake up next to ugly women and with herpes all the time.
    Both genders are making conscious decisions when they decide to drink.
    If a male and female decide to murder a hobo together; they're both responsible regardless of which suggested it and if either or both were intoxicated.

    I personally don't drink when I am in a bad mood because I have anger issues that could result in violence if I don't have control. If I lost it, I know it would be MY fault and I couldn't live with it.

    If you don't think you can control yourself. Stop yourself. Think you'll try to drive if you are drunk? Don't drink. Think you'll hurt a loved one if you drink? Don't drink. Think you'll get it on with another person you may later regret? Don't drink.

    Ultimately you can do whatever you want. However, know that freedom is not always mean without consequences and make your choices accordingly. Because they are yours. You have to live with them.

    There is no magic wand or undo button.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 07-20-2014 at 10:15 AM.

  4. #44
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 229
    Pok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,473
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Moreover, let's remember, you are only punished if the person files charges against you.
    That's ****ing sickening, to assume that the only punishment a male would face from a rape accusation would be a legal one.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

  5. #45
    Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 145
    TuxedoSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    553
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    And I'm tired of anti-feminists who are gullible to feed into Republican propaganda to dismantle feminism and the bandwagoning drones who create videos of delusions.

    I mean, both of you aren't even reading what I'm saying and then making up shit I never said or I already know, in fact, what everybody already knows.

    Of course I know men can make poor judgments during intoxication. Of course men can be raped. Yadda yadda. You just want to see what you want to see, and no matter how fair or what I say, you're only going to see what you want.

    I'll return later to debunk all of your delusions. I have a headache and I'm tired of just staring at text for hours trying to explain basic concepts to people who already have a predisposition they like to implement no matter how logical the opposition is.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pok View Post
    That's ****ing sickening, to assume that the only punishment a male would face from a rape accusation would be a legal one.
    lmao This is what I mean.

    SORRY, I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU WORD FOR WORD. Heaven forbid context play a role in what I was referring to.

    Moreover, let's remember, you are only LEGALLY punished if the person files charges against you.
    And if you still don't get it, babydoll, what I meant was: the only way your girlfriend/wife/frienefit can punish you with the government's laws, would be to file a charge to the police, or wherever is necessary.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

  6. #46
    Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 229
    Pok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,473
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    And I'm tired of anti-feminists who are gullible to feed into Republican propaganda to dismantle feminism and the bandwagoning drones who create videos of delusions.
    I'm not an anti-feminist, or a feminist, I don't agree with the MRM, or the reptilian association of master overlords. If I had to define myself I'd say I'm egalitarian. I think people should be equal in all aspects that they are able to be equal in (If you're able to do a job I don't care what colour, race, religion, sex, gender, shade, or world of warcraft server you play on, you should have equal opportunity to it). If I was to place myself in the American political system I'd be far left. I'm for gay marriage, legalization of marijuana, socialized medicine, gun control, and increased minimum wage. This isn't a republican vs democrat, right vs left issue, this is about deliberate misrepresentation, and sometimes intentional exaggeration, of issues versus reality and equality.

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    I mean, both of you aren't even reading what I'm saying and then making up shit I never said or I already know, in fact, what everybody already knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok View Post
    That's ****ing sickening, to assume that the only punishment a male would face from a rape accusation would be a legal one.
    You added the word legally after, that is a significant difference in terms of punishment. That isn't a minor omission, that is a critical error in communication. Again, I find this incredibly hypocritical, if I was to say, "Women shouldn't wear low cut tops." without qualifying why I make that point, or in what situations it would apply, you would (rightly) flip shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Of course I know men can make poor judgments during intoxication. Of course men can be raped. Yadda yadda. You just want to see what you want to see, and no matter how fair or what I say, you're only going to see what you want.
    You don't seem to equate a poor decision made by a man as equal to a poor decision made by a woman though, that's the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBlazex View Post
    sorry for you have the evil heart in the universe. your type are just destroy are world
    The battle of science vs. religion ended when churches started putting lightning rods on their steeples.

  7. #47
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319
    Kashis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,890
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Why is it every time I see a discussion on feminism it's always about how everyone should be equal, but women are treated way worse? It's not just here, I have feminist friends who post this stuff all the time and do the same exact thing. There are some serious issues against men as well and while yes, the point of Feminisim is to address both sides, there rarely ever seems to be a conversation that actually does that.

    You want to sit here and talk about how you can't show your breasts in public (which you legally can btw) because of public stigma? How about we talk about how guys are often labeled as pedophiles anytime they are around young children or even young looking girls? Never mind that they might be bfs (in the case of a young looking girl who's actually the same/legal age), or parents or family, we are still pretty negative as a society when it comes to how we observe men around children/young ladies. I worked at the Boys and Girls club in my area when I was younger and I can't even begin to mention all the times I've gotten looks from people, even when I was wearing my CIT shirt and that shit still goes on today.

    And yeah, I have seen some discussions on this at Reddit and on FB and in RL, but the majority of them, and especially coming from Feminists either male or female, are always about one side and that's what annoys me. And don't even get me started on the issues I have at the work place regarding manual labor.

    People, especially women, constantly comment on how "chivalry is dead" and you know what? It should be. I'm so tired about hearing how nice a guy I am just because I open up a door for a woman that happens to be behind me. No, I don't do that because you are a woman, I do this because that's what you should do for someone who's walking behind you so they don't slam into the door or awkwardly fumble for it. No, I do not address a group of women standing by as "ladies" because I'm trying to be some "neckbeard, fedora wearing, auto friendzoning" guy who thinks doing so warrants sexual favors, but simply because at my job I'm busy as hell and it's a lot easier and quicker to acknowledge the same group of ladies I always see together due to friendships than using their individual names. No, I am not helping you refill your supplies or helping you move something because I want to sleep with you, I do it because most of the people at my job make a mess, do it slowly and end up in my way if I don't. Plus, it's just a nice thing to do for someone who's been working all day and is on the clock and being hassled about productivity.

    This is just a small portion of the shit I deal with every day, because I just so happen to be a guy who isn't completely socially inept. But no, none of that will ever compare to what women go to because, guess what? They got it worse.

    We all got our problems, no matter what your age, gender, race, religion, orientation is. I get that there are men that often observe women as a piece of meat without any intelligence or rights, believe it or not, most of us here probably do. We are just tired about hearing about it when we aren't even the ones that do and any time we look for some damn consideration to make it to the middle ground where we can at least both understand each other, all we hear is basically, "so what? Women for years___".
    Last edited by Kashis; 07-21-2014 at 12:30 AM.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life.

  8. #48
    The Undead Reputation: 470
    Z0MBiE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    [REDACTED]
    Posts
    5,412
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    oh, this shit again.

    you're like a broken record.

  9. #49
    Olpah's Object Reputation: 323
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    killjoy
    Posts
    2,788
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    holy shit, i ain't readin all this

    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

  10. #50
    Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853
    Oisterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Overlook Hotel
    Posts
    25,213
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    I'm so glad I'm not oppressed by anyone daily. Except the government I guess. It must take a lot of effort to care about this stuff lol. I'm the worst kind of person because I'm well aware of these various atrocities but I can't bring myself to care :/

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •