My Hero

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

To the corrupt, justice looks like insanity.

- some anime, if anyone knows which one, pls pm, maybe?

What I am saying is, that someone calls someone insane, such as in this case, feminists are called crazy, it's possibly just the natural reaction to the disruption. Being labeled crazy by the popular opinion without context can be just as much an insult as it can also be an unintended compliment.

Also:
    Thumbs up for anita sarkeesian edging companies to step it up and making their games less generic and boring.

Finally a chime on the drunk hookup talk:
    Does anyone really believe the process is "up for debate"? Drunk sex getting outlaw status? That is something that people conjure up as an image in their head and say "that's sounding totally practical and could work?" Leaving along the poor folks who are never going to get laid again, getting drunk and hooking up kinda is a thing. People in the western cultural sphere have been using the drug called alcohol to get laid for so long, that they already mutated to deal better with the toxic effects...
    Well let's get serious: Legally this is nonsense. Not because people don't run a higher risk when drunk, but because the risk is negligible compared to the millions of people who actually get to score every weekend. Some things will never be perfect. Justice by the law always has this flaw. In this case, you can't fix the problem without a paternal anti liberty state. Why? Because it's a disproportionate invasion into the lives of people. The gain does not out-weight that. Yes, freedom is more important than "catching them all". If you get raped and run into the problem of finding it hard to prove, that sucks. To be completely honest, the law isn't going to be able to protect you completely from that. It's probably harsh to realize that anyone lives with risks and since we are used to just ignoring the fact, we are not skilled in dealing with them. In this case, the default chasing of complete security is not the answer.

Also to give this a personal funny little story: I once met a girl and it was late and she was completely wasted and she invited me over. At her place we talked and we where on the bed and she was starting to loose her cloths, so I asked her, if she was ok with everything in the best way i could come up with. It made her feel guilty though, so she wasn't into it anymore. The whole thing for me ended up as some weird cuddly sleepover at a strangers place. That experience was kinda confusing to me, to the point that I am still shaking my head at it. One thing I am dead certain on and anyone who claims otherwise seriously needs to get a grip: It would have not been rape in my head, had anything happened. The law in my opinion should not call it that. I am all for practical views on things, but to me, that's a glove that won't ever fit.

Anyways, if you give woman the tool to premeditate getting raped, they will use that tool. It's a nightmare of an idea to be honest.
    Last edited by Ronin; 07-20-2014 at 10:44 PM.

Stay frosty.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 120

Hi.

I don't really feel like spending hours a day posting on a forum and having to reiterate or argue about something else some of you don't understand or concoct in your minds.

If you want to verbally discuss this further, you can add me on Skype: samsaur.ruasmas

Furthermore, most of you probably haven't actually followed any legitimate feminist group, yet many of you create false accusations based on Republican propaganda and internet anti-feminists who also got their information from biased, illegitimate sources. While the feminist movement mostly revolves around the negativity of femininity and derived from women fighting for their rights, it frequently branches into many other issues, including men's issues, race issues, homosexuality issues, etc.

If you want a real taste of feminism, here are some FB groups that represent the majority of feminists:

https://www.facebook.com/officiallacigreen (I strongly urge you read Laci's post that was on July 30th. It hits home.)

https://www.facebook.com/everydayfeminism (You don't even have to scroll down very far to see topics that aren't about women.)

https://www.facebook.com/WOMENSRIGHTSNEWS (This group also posts about issues not just pertaining to women.)
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    Hi.

I don't really feel like spending hours a day posting on a forum and having to reiterate or argue about something else some of you don't understand or concoct in your minds.

If you want to verbally discuss this further, you can add me on Skype: samsaur.ruasmas

Furthermore, most of you probably haven't actually followed any legitimate feminist group, yet many of you create false accusations based on Republican propaganda and internet anti-feminists who also got their information from biased, illegitimate sources. While the feminist movement mostly revolves around the negativity of femininity and derived from women fighting for their rights, it frequently branches into many other issues, including men's issues, race issues, homosexuality issues, etc.

If you want a real taste of feminism, here are some FB groups that represent the majority of feminists:

https://www.facebook.com/officiallacigreen (I strongly urge you read Laci's post that was on July 30th. It hits home.)

https://www.facebook.com/everydayfeminism (You don't even have to scroll down very far to see topics that aren't about women.)

https://www.facebook.com/WOMENSRIGHTSNEWS (This group also posts about issues not just pertaining to women.)
    Skype has pics?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

So basically, to get a real taste of feminisim we should look at other sources besides TuxedoSam.

Been did.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

"....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Edit. This was begging for an out of context quote.
    Last edited by Oisterboy; 08-07-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    So basically, to get a real taste of feminisim we should look at other sources besides TuxedoSam.

Been did.
    I doubt it.

Olpah's Object Reputation: 299

Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    Edit. This was begging for an out of context quote.
    yeah well, that's just, like, yr opinion, man
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoSam View Post
    I doubt it.
    Oh, don't be sour just because Everyday Feminism posts are just as common as Crossfit ones.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    Oh, don't be sour just because Everyday Feminism posts are just as common as Crossfit ones.
    I'm not sour, I just don't like people who make opinions and assumptions about things they don't actually follow or research.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast