I keep getting Disconnected from games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    McFox Sandwich Reputation: 35

Default I keep getting Disconnected from games.

So I've had this problem for about 3 months now. I keep getting disconnected from games such as "Vindictus, Flyff, S4 league" and others. This happens pretty randomly but a lot. Sometimes I dc in between 1 hour - 3 hours and sometimes I DC twice within a minute. Why did I come here ? In hopes of someone knowing what could possibly be causing this and I'll give as much info as possible.

So obiously the first thing I did was call the Internet Service Provider (I live in Sweden if that info even matters) and told them what was happening I also told them that I don't disconnect when I'm connected straight through the wall instead of the router so I thought the issue was the router, wrong. They sent me a new router and I still have the same problem. So if it's not the router why is it fine directly through the wall ? If it's my PC why is it fine through the wall. It's not the cables because I've tried 6 different ones and even if it was the cables then why would it work through the wall ?

So I only have one thing yet to try and that's testing my mom's laptop for a whole day and see if it's actually my internet and not just me. But I'm going to do that on Saturday and if I still have the same problem I honestly don't know what to do anymore I'll probably just smash my head on the wall or something.

Appreciate any help I can get.

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 582

Are you on DSL?

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

No I think it's fiber if I'm correct if not then I don't know the english word for it.

I should have asked this first but you're not on Wifi, are you? Also, what do you mean with 'connected straight through the wall'?

No I'm not on Wifi though I already mentioned how I used many different ethernet cables. Also I guess it works a bit different here ? 8 years ago they installed Fiber optic in our house so there's an ethernet input on the wall so I just connect that and straight into PC or in my case from wall to router from that to PC. The only reason we're using a router is cause my mom uses Wifi and our phone is connected to the internet. I do have to try a Wifi connection though maybe it's my network card that can't read the router.

Yea... if you don't have access to the router that's behind the wall, you do NOT want to put another router in like that.

If you change the router to a wireless switch, everything should be fine.
    edit: actually, change that to switch with wireless capabilities. Not that you end up with a Wifi repeater or so.
    Last edited by SnOwPrincess; 07-17-2014 at 10:16 PM.

So you're saying I should just connect my PC through the router and nothing else ? I just tried that and I get no connection at all. I have access to the router behind the wall but there's nothing I can do other than remove the power and it doesn't have wireless on it.

No. Your router is interfering with the one behind the wall. You only should have 1 router that's properly configured on your network. Secondary consumer-level routers in a home network is basically TCP/IP suicide.

edit: derp, I'm not thinking clearly today. :/

Access the web interface of the router behind the wall and put in bridged mode. You can always go out of bridged mode by hard resetting it should something happen. If it's already in bridged mode, I have no clue as to what it can be.
    Last edited by SnOwPrincess; 07-17-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

To make it easy, just call your ISP and they'll guide you through how to set up bridged mode if you're not familiar with how to access the web interface.

If what you're saying is true BunZz, should I have the same problem if I'm connected wireless ? Right now I have flyff open on my PC and Laptop. Laptop is wireless but my PC is wired. PC dced and Laptop didn't 1 hour in. I found an old wireless receiver USB so I pulled off the ethernet from my PC and connected it through wireless and trying again. If I last more than 4 hours + then it's clear that something's wrong with my Network card. Because it doesn't seem like the fault of the router.

Edit: Nevermind.. now I'm even more confused. this time the laptop dced but not my PC even though they're both wireless. Lol as I'm writing this I DCed again on the laptop. Well now I just have to assume you're right BunZz. Guess I gotta figure out this Switch thing and bridged. Although I have no idea how to say it in Swedish so I'll just try my best. Does the fact that they don't disconnect at the same time mean anything ? Because I find it bizarre.
    Last edited by Mahdino; 07-18-2014 at 05:51 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast