I keep getting Disconnected from games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 582

It's possible that they disconnect at a different time. You need a bit of TCP/IP knowledge to understand it though.

Either way, you might want to get a cheap switch to test with first: https://www.komplett.se/cisco-sb-100...-switch/760056
    This is basically plug in the wall with the correct port and put your other devices in the other ones and off you go.

Bridged mode is for when you want to use your secondary router as primary router. Bridged basically turns off all protective and router stuff and throws it all to the next router. You might need to change a few things for this and you might mess up somewhere (hard reset or factory reset if you do).

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 35

I don't think I have a hidden router. The only thing between my normal router and PC is a fiber optic converter in the entrance of the house and there's an extention from there that goes through the wall into my room (hence why I keep saying connected through the wall) So I think it's just my router not being able to handle games. It's not even the router being broken it's just that they sent the same exact model. I kinda have to try a different router to confirm that though. About the switcher though I want to try that too but I don't have the money to risk that and I'm afraid of the possibilty of still having the same problem. But a switcher can benefit me in the long run I think anyway. Thanks for the help though I'm gonna call the ISP again and see what they can do obviously this problem isn't from me so I should just let them handle it even though they already seem like they gave up.

McFox Sandwich Reputation: 35

Ok I don't know how I figured this out but it makes much more sense now and I think I found the problem. But I'm posting here to see if this could actually be the source of my disconnections. The 2 routers I have are the exact same so if both of them gives me the same problem then it has to be the settings and I think it's the fact that my IP is set on dynamic so it changes every now and then.

I downloaded the port forwarding program to test this and it seems like I don't disconnect anymore after making my IP static. This should also explain why I only disconnect from some games and not from others. League of legends doesn't disconnect me but Flyff and Vindictus does. Do these games work differently in terms of connections ? I'm still not 100% that this is what is going to fix it but this should be it because it can't be anything else.

Edit: Yup fixed. So stupid why would a dynamic IP adress just change randomly ? ofcourse it would kick me out from games. I should have a different IP adress everytime I restart my PC not every 30 minutes. Anyway it's over.. I still can't believe it.
    Last edited by Mahdino; 07-22-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Rock Man Reputation: 10

Umm sounds more like it's the refresh rate for the ip that is on your router. First thing first it sounds like you're making your computer to do 3 hops in order to make a proper connection. Nothing is wrong with that but unnecessary. This is how most network if not all network should work. No matter what you got your modem (they may have hidden it or in this case you're aware of where it is but not what you call it, your fiber optic converter should be your modem). Then you got your router that they give you and then you got another router that you own. so basically it should look like this.

Modem > Provided Router > Personal Router.

Unless you have what is call a hub which does not provide any wireless connection and just simply allows you to plug Ethernet cables into to it.

I do not know which setting is what on your routers but I know how the states router works, most likely the router they will provide a dynamic dhcp system (provides ip automatically, or dynamic ip). So some reason either both your router is trying to dynamically give you ip instead of giving one ip to you which might of cause a conflict with the routers of trying to constantly give you a new ip.

Nick is a wanker. Reputation: 582

Quote Originally Posted by GenoX View Post
    Umm sounds more like it's the refresh rate for the ip that is on your router. First thing first it sounds like you're making your computer to do 3 hops in order to make a proper connection. Nothing is wrong with that but unnecessary. This is how most network if not all network should work. No matter what you got your modem (they may have hidden it or in this case you're aware of where it is but not what you call it, your fiber optic converter should be your modem). Then you got your router that they give you and then you got another router that you own. so basically it should look like this.

Modem > Provided Router > Personal Router.

Unless you have what is call a hub which does not provide any wireless connection and just simply allows you to plug Ethernet cables into to it.

I do not know which setting is what on your routers but I know how the states router works, most likely the router they will provide a dynamic dhcp system (provides ip automatically, or dynamic ip). So some reason either both your router is trying to dynamically give you ip instead of giving one ip to you which might of cause a conflict with the routers of trying to constantly give you a new ip.
    Generally, that provided router should be put into bridged mode so that the personal router can work properly.

I don't really know what causes you to actually get a different IP every 30mins as it shouldn't happen as long your IP is in use. (IP leases automatically extend themselves)

[My Anime List] | [last.fm] | [xfire] | [Steam]
    Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i have no clue as to what a paragraph is

Rock Man Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by SnOwPrincess View Post
    Generally, that provided router should be put into bridged mode so that the personal router can work properly.

I don't really know what causes you to actually get a different IP every 30mins as it shouldn't happen as long your IP is in use. (IP leases automatically extend themselves)
    Well if his personal router gives the option to be turn into a switch then he could simply have the isp router be the main dhcp provider.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12