Anyone play or want to play World of Warcraft?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    I'd like to learn the abilities and general play style of all classes so that I'm better off in PvE and PvP. In most games you just play and learn over time, will this work fine in WoW or should I spend some time doing some reading?

In Dota there are also hundreds of abilities to learn but I know what each one does, along with damage and cool downs. Most was learned just by playing the game and reading tool tips but this might be a bit harder in WoW since you cannot scroll over abilities of players like you can in Dota.

I think going over the core abilities tab for each class should suffice for now. Correct me if I am wrong.
    best is to know your class or 2 classes the best you can and pvp is always different from pve learn what you can about the classes you love i never read anything i always played my own way i dont use addons like heal bot i play old school by mous clicking and keys ...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

As a note. "Garrisons" are basically like a cross between FFXIV's FC Housing and Retainer/Venture system.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: FFXIV:Heavensward, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    best is to know your class or 2 classes the best you can and pvp is always different from pve learn what you can about the classes you love i never read anything i always played my own way i dont use addons like heal bot i play old school by mous clicking and keys ...
    I use some addons to make UI improvements and for stats such as Auctioneer, Skada (DPS meter) and Bagnon to merge bags.

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Abubakr View Post
    I'd like to learn the abilities and general play style of all classes so that I'm better off in PvE and PvP. In most games you just play and learn over time, will this work fine in WoW or should I spend some time doing some reading?

In Dota there are also hundreds of abilities to learn but I know what each one does, along with damage and cool downs. Most was learned just by playing the game and reading tool tips but this might be a bit harder in WoW since you cannot scroll over abilities of players like you can in Dota.

I think going over the core abilities tab for each class should suffice for now. Correct me if I am wrong.
    You can probably learn most of your stuff by just reading through all the skills and testing a bit.
    Though it will get a bit more complicated when you add in the talents and glyphs

There are some classes where the rotation is not very clear as you're free to do most stuff and you might have to read to avoid testing on a dummy for 12 hours just to figure out your rotation / AoE rotation.

As far as healing goes, you pretty much have to figure it out, no guide will give you the feel for when you should do what.
    Guides can still help a bit sometimes if you're confused about some spells.

given the number of spells it will be hard to just learn the other class by playing. Though in pvp you can get an idea for most of what they do.
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 07-22-2014 at 07:23 PM.

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 43

That maintenance extension -.-. I was hoping to reach level 20 with my human warrior today, and purchase the game.

Most users ever online was 6,228, 06-19-2014 at 04: 31 PM.

Master Chief's Windex Reputation: 10

lvl 90 bloodelf ww Monk with 530 ilvl on Madoran and a lvl 90 490ish holy priest Bloodelf on Aerie Peak
    Currently playing:
    Latale lvl 55 bard Auddin

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

Oh well, it gives me time to study. Or... play Dota.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123