Undearneath The Seas Of The Golden Moons new track

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 211

Default Undearneath The Seas Of The Golden Moons new track

https://soundcloud.com/thewhispering...e-golden-moons

Experimental this time. Bpm is 108. Just trying new sounds out and etc. Thanks for viewing and please comment

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 567

The bass drum in the beginning part is shite, otherwise you are clearly improving. I mean it works when there are other percussion parts, but if it's alone it's a pain in the ears. Just my 2 cts.
    Last edited by Ronin; 07-20-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Stay frosty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    The bass drum in the beginning part is shite, otherwise you are clearly improving. I mean it works when there are other percussion parts, but if it's alone it's a pain in the ears. Just my 2 cts.
    thank you yea im useing some kicks i had gotten a few years back. Still learning on tweaking there sound to make them better

thanks for viewing

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 649
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

in the beginning, when you have the bass drum doubling and going faster and faster, that needs to lead to something. you can't just drop everything right after that. that's like building a staircase to nothing

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 62

still getting better, but your build up didn't do shit. You build it, then leave it. If you build it, you must tear it back down.

The song as a whole is a great improvement. Just fix the build up.
    “The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 375

Quote Originally Posted by Rebuzzal View Post
    still getting better, but your build up didn't do shit. You build it, then leave it. If you build it, you must tear it back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebuzzal View Post

i dont understand? what do you mean tear it back down? please explain so i can work on that

Eternal Cowboy Reputation: 649
    Jacksonville Jaguars: 2018 Superbowl Champs

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i dont understand? what do you mean tear it back down? please explain so i can work on that
    i don't know if this is what rebuzzal was talking about, but yr song looks like this

you know how yr building it up with the bass drum getting faster and faster in the beginning? but then you don't do anything after that. it just drops. that sounds bad. if you build up, you have to stay up for a while. get some loud banging drums, add more bass, get more music underneath yr main melody.

try making a song that, when visualized, looks something like this

that's way more satisfying to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkald View Post
    i don't know if this is what rebuzzal was talking about, but yr song looks like this

you know how yr building it up with the bass drum getting faster and faster in the beginning? but then you don't do anything after that. it just drops. that sounds bad. if you build up, you have to stay up for a while. get some loud banging drums, add more bass, get more music underneath yr main melody.

try making a song that, when visualized, looks something like this

that's way more satisfying to listen to.

i thank i understand. so with the melody or bassline have some extra sounds with it. on the kick drums add more bass? and once i do the drum kicks in the faster form go with it? when i work on my next track ill work more on the melody and the bass of the kicks. and try adding more depth to them

thanks guys a ton

- - - Updated - - -

edit

https://soundcloud.com/thewhisperingtree-1/the-sounds-of-the-whispering-spirts

is this something better?

and this was my first track i worked on once i started again on music making

https://soundcloud.com/thewhisperingtree-1/thehands

is either of them good? if so ill go with that style and focus on that till i get it down

A Shrubbery Reputation: 141

Quote Originally Posted by duby View Post
    i thank i understand. so with the melody or bassline have some extra sounds with it. on the kick drums add more bass? and once i do the drum kicks in the faster form go with it? when i work on my next track ill work more on the melody and the bass of the kicks. and try adding more depth to them

thanks guys a ton
    I know you don't like it, Duby, but go listen to some Dubstep. What they're referring to is, in dubstep terms, the drop. You built up the melody but the climax was subpar/anti-climatic. What you want is to build up the climax and, right at the peak, turn it on it's head. Add heavy drums, add flare, add something that makes it interesting. You need a mountain but created a hill.

I like the synth(?) on the track. It's very nice.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast