Your Last Win?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Default Your Last Win?

When was the last time you had a win? Really succeeded.
    I am not talking about something trivial like winning a COD map.
    The last time you felt the sensation of triumph. That you did something you are truly proud of and that made you happy?

I honestly don't remember mine. Most of the time I just feel empty and angry. I find myself thinking about my abundance of losses and talking to myself. "I hate you. I hate you. I hate you."

Life sucks sometimes.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

I think you just went from inspirational to depressing in record time.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

20 days ago, winning at life by meeting the perfect SO

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 63

Lastest : When I defeated the overpowered wyrms (which.. are kind of overpowered) in Tales Of Maj'Eyal.

I tought I'd finish the game for sure this time, but I got wrecked towards the end. (losing your character hurts so much )
    300 hours played and didn't finish the game. =-="
    Was also pretty proud when I unlocked Oozemancer or when I first defeated the master on roguelike difficulty.

I got the feeling in WoW when my raidgroup had defeated Blackwing back in Cata. (was the last healer standing!) (we sucked and actually never managed to down ragnaros )

Alot of the Demon Souls and Dark souls boss also gave me that feeling, not necessarily the last one tho.
    (Tower knight, Flamelurker, Maneaters, False King, Capra Demon, Four Kings, Gwyn, Ornenstein and Smough...)

First time I beat Risk Of Rain.

Also some more story driven games can give me the **** YEAH ! victory feeling. (Ace attorney mostly)

Mobas almost never give me the feeling, I do feel good if I dominate the game, but its just.. not the same.
    Old school UT and Medal of honor sometimes when by friends get intense.

Oh and some more private stuff that involves large objects
    dragonthemedonesathat
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 07-21-2014 at 06:18 AM.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

I feel like I had a "win" when I put up with a lot of strangers that I call family for two days straight.

Most of my wins are gaming related, however, and I can't remember the latest one off the top of my head. Not because none of happened (not many happened, for sure. But there has been a few), but because I usually don't pay attention to it.

I remember mastering certain techniques in Age of Wushu when I originally played always felt great. There were a lot of tricks and whatnot you could learn to give you the edge in PVP. My favorite, as a Shaolin, was that I could charge one of my most powerful abilities while holding my block AND walking, making me be able to sucker-punch people into oblivion. Most people did not know this (in the early days of White Tiger), so it almost felt like a secret technique that was only taught to active members of my guild (Which was mostly Shaolin... we literally ran Shaolin for months and made up a decent portion of the schools population).

Also in Age of Wushu, my guild was hated by a few guilds for some odd reasons. But there was one guild leader in particular. One day, before I had met her or knew anything about her, she PM'd me out of the blue, demanding that I give my vice leader owner/leadership of my guild. I had talked to one of her vice-leaders about a possible alliance between our guilds, but hadn't talked to the guild leader herself. This resulted in a lot of annoyance on my part, as she kept harassing me with it, so eventually I just blocked her. Which caused her to ***** even more, to the point that people would PM me complaining that she wouldn't quit complaining about me blocking her. Now, looking back, I know my vice is the one that encouraged it (even though, as a grown ass man, he plead innocent and lied to me about it on VOIP).

Eventually, my vice got fed up of trying to take over my guild and made his own (Xinyi Quan or someshit). Which was both a slight annoyance and a boon, as he took decent chunk of our core membership (3-5 people). But, that included a couple of members that were extremely young, including one that had anger issues and one that couldn't go more than a minute without telling a lie that made him out to be awesome.

After that, it was downhill for both the guild leader that was harassing me (Started with an E, I think. Can't remember it now) and the new guild my ex-vice created. They allied immediately. At that point, I decided to stop taking my passive stance (prior to all this, my guild had no allies except for a couple of small guilds). I did some political maneuvering and allied with the biggest/most hated guild on the server and then proceeded to dominate and crush both guilds, along with a few others I didn't like, for several months. I took the Fearless base, the base of the guild leader who schemed with my ex-vice (tho, later on, I did take pity on the guild after the psycho lady that ran the guild rage-quit the game and gave them our third base), and helped my allies take whatever bases they wanted. It was pretty awesome time with several guild wars each week.

Needless to say, it felt great. Especially when I had my spy-master (aka the dude that had the time to make dozens of alts to level up and put in various guilds) share chatlogs from their guild chats/recordings from their VOIPs. Nothing like hearing someone stress out over a game due to issues they brought on themselves.

But it made me a bit complacent and bored - which didn't help with all the screw-ups that snail was having at the time, so I eventually quit playing for a time. However, I did last longer, and came out better, than most of the people that annoyed me in the game.

Edit: Here's a screenshot from that time. In it, you'll notice that message box with someone spamming me with "**** you." Almost all the leaders/good fighters would get spammed like this in an attempt to lag us out of the game. Sometimes it worked out, sometimes it didn't. We still always won, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAztaroth View Post
    Oh and some more private stuff that involves large objects
    Did anyone else think of butt plugs and/or dildos when they read this? Or am I the only immature one?
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 07-22-2014 at 12:15 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 141

Once you get to my level of awesome you forget about winning and losing because everyday is great.

I have won my last three Smite Joust matches though. Feeling good about that.
    Last edited by Phanein; 07-21-2014 at 12:34 PM.
    # ᴛ ʜ ᴇ ʏ ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ᴍ ᴇ ᴛ ʜ ᴇ s ᴏ ʀ ᴄ ᴇ ʀ ᴇ ʀ s ᴜ ᴘ ʀ ᴇ ᴍ ᴇ ʙ ᴇ ᴄ ᴀ ᴜ s ᴇ ɪ ' ᴍ s ᴏ s ᴛ ʀ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴇ.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 62

I guess getting 4 test grades above 96 in my A/P and Med term class.
    “The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I think you just went from inspirational to depressing in record time.
    Yeah sums it up.

Sadly I'm still clawing for my next "big win" perhaps if I achieve it I will make a thread and tell you all about it, but who really cares bout me here anyways? ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 384

This morning; every morning.

I realize everyday I go through some kind of struggle. But then I know there's always tomorrow, and that I'm winning at life cause I'm still here to see that sun rise and set for better days to come.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

call me chicken strips Reputation: 534

in my organic chemistry final last semester

I needed a 108 out of 150 points to get an A

I got 109.5 points. got that A.

Reading: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (50%)
    Last read: A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5), A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin (3.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast