Hearthstone - Is it worth getting into?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    Btw, I don't recommend you to play arena at all. It's quite overrated when it comes to earning cards. You'd need an average of 5 wins per arena in order to make it equal or maybe sightly better than direct purchase of packs with gold
    Thats pretty poor advice. I guess it didnt work out for you. But there are plenty of people, that got most of their cards and gold from arena. Yes, you can go infinite arena if you're very good. Sure, you will also get bad luck,drafts, etc. But you will also get 11-12 wins. Some people are very consistant with getting 7+ wins.

If you been playing hundreds of arena games, you'll end up with huge profit. Good examples are Kripp or even Ek0p. Since they're popular streamers. They've gathered over 50k gold and every legendary card from doing arena runs for many months. 12 wins can give you 400 gold+2x packs+dust+legendary golden card. Not very likely. But the rewards can be insane.

If you really wanne be a free-to-play player. Researching arena guides is a must. Its really the best and fastest way to get all the cards for free. And people have already done it before. So its not impossible. But it does take time and dedication. I've done 5x arena runs on 1 day because of profits. And im not the best arena player. The alternative is to pay, give or take 300$-500$ to get everything. Depending on how lucky you are with opening packs. But you really dont need every card to be succesful in this game. Just buying 40 packs will get you quick started. And who knows you might open up multiple legendaries. I've seen single packs with triple legendaries.....

Right now Naxx is out. And you need 700 gold to unlock the wings with the new cards. And you really want the new cards, since some of them are very very strong. Not to mention they include legendary cards.

If people want more advice or play against me:
    BattleTag EU: PaiMei#2114
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 07-31-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 43

i love arena. its pretty rare that i get less then 6 wins so i actually got all of my cards from arena, no need to invest any gold but yes you have to actually read up quite a lot if you are new to arena.

its kinda like MTG if you are new. gotta invest lots of time to learn the ropes
    Kritika Online
    Server: 보야카 - Guild: Guardians

Finster - Shadow Mage | Funken - Mystic Wolf
    Blutig - Crimson Assassin

Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 41

I have 300 unopened packs from arena runs only, since I have all the cards there's no need to open the packs lol. Might save until i have like 1000 packs then open/craft gold cards.

These are my current stats.. as you can see i'm not a big fan of constructed, i play almost only arena as I find it a lot more enjoyable.
    http://imgur.com/yMGGfYg
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynosphere View Post
    that works to lmao. we should all make a guild lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Koga View Post
    But then lmao. it will last lmao. about 2 days lmao. just like every other onrpg guild lmao. lmao.

42 Reputation: 10

Kripp spent over 200$ on packs so lol

Quote Originally Posted by tihi85 View Post
    Kripp spent over 200$ on packs so lol
    Yeah, donations duh. But he got like 20k gold and dust sitting around. He got everything from arena.

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    Thats pretty poor advice.
    I don't think you understand how arena works or why people like "kripp" or "Ek0p" have all cards. It's not because they are godlike at playing arena, but because they spent quite a good chunk of money on the game, packs and/or arena tickets and they've been playing since the first days of closed beta.

Also the fact that they already had most of the cards during closed beta, and people like Kripp already had like 20k dust by then. For instance...arena rewards during beta were much better, and winning in arena was also much easier than it is nowdays.

Right now 4 win rewards are not superior to direct purchase of packs, meaning most of the people who play arena can't achieve 7+ wins ratio. The average win ratio is 3, anything above that means someone had below average scores. Can someone achieve 7+ wins ratio in arena? Probably, but not that doable and certainly you need a lot of luck for it to work that nicely.

Arena is a mode that you'd play if you love the system, otherwise it's not the "ultimate" way of earning cards, and for sure the vast majority that play arena are actually earning cards at a slower pace compared to those who simply purchase packs with gold...and that's a fact. Telling a new player to go straight to playing arena is a really bad advice, as most of the time they'll be wasting their gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall098 View Post
    3 wins is ~even with just buying a card pack
    5 wins is usually a bit better than buying a pack
    7 wins = profit
    3 wins is far from being even with buying a pack. You get 10g per 3 wins in normal/ranked play, and 3 win rewards are 25-35g reward along with another random reward which can be 20-25 dust/gold or a rare/common card. For it to be even with a pack you would have to get the 35g reward along with the 20-25 gold reward.
    Since a pack gives on average about 100+ dust, I consider that dust reward to be inferior to gold, and the rare/common as well unless you don't have said card. Five wins are sightly better than direct purchase, but just very sightly.

In the end, if you want to notice a difference between playing arenas or not you need an average of 6 wins in arena.
    Last edited by Adamaris; 08-03-2014 at 07:56 PM.

I understand perfectly well how Arena works. It is the best way to get gold and cards for free. This isnt even a opinion. Its a fact lol. But keep arguing for all I care.

This is a very good guide for F2P-players: http://hearthstoneplayers.com/effici...stone-account/
    Or add me on EU for advice: PaiMei#2114

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    This isnt even a opinion. Its a fact lol
    Arena has the potential to be the best way to get gold and cards, which is not the same as being the best way to get gold and cards.
    It's like saying playing poker is the best way of earning money because there are players who make a lot of money from it, therefor telling people to do the same to earn money...it doesn't work like that.
    I consider arena the same as poker in terms of false advertising. Luring new players with "big money" expectations, in this case 6+ score in arena when in reality most of the players won't go above 3 wins for the most part. And this is a fact, it's just how the system is. A player only gets higher score because other players have below average scores, so in order for someone to achieve 9 wins there will be 3 players sitting at 0 wins.

Yes, best potential. Obviously. Ofcourse, most people will never get 7 wins average. But some people do. Even after 10k games.(cherrywarrior). The point is if you're a F2P-player. You should invest atleast some time in arena imho. If you're being super lazy, no job, no money, no research, no arena, etc. Yeah, I guess you should buy packs then. But my advice would be to research about arena, and get good at it. Before complaining the game is pay to win. There are many examples of people who got everything for free, some even collected full golden decks doing arena.

I do however agree that a new player should probably not waste his gold on arena. First get good at the game. Then spend your gold on arena. Still, dont discourage people saying arena is not worth it. I just did a 5 and 9 win run. I'm not a arena expert. But I actually gained quite alot of gold. Its very profitable.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 10

if you want a tcg then you better off finding a game that actually has trading

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast