Hearthstone - Is it worth getting into?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35

Last Naxx wing and cards were released today.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366

Quote Originally Posted by celerond View Post
    if you want a tcg then you better off finding a game that actually has trading
    Show me where exactly it says Hearthstone is TCG?

Just got my first 12 win streak in arena. Eventhough, as you can see I dont play much arena. I got to 11 wins like 3 times, was about time. With 12 wins you get Lightforge Key. Got around 400 gold+gold rare card and 2 booster packs. Total worth 600+ gold. Not bad for 2 hours playing. All there is left to do is getting Legendary rank. Which should be easy for me. But not really motivated playing some popular netdeck. Like 70% on ladder is playing Hunter now...rather have fun with weird decks playing casual.

Last edited by Beatrix23; 08-23-2014 at 06:14 PM.

42 Reputation: 10

Damn I didnt know there were people here that play more then me =p

Quote Originally Posted by tihi85 View Post
    Damn I didnt know there were people here that play more then me =p
    Dont know. Already been playing for like 7 months.
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 08-23-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 18

Eh I like Hearthstone, but I don't like the new Naxx cards at all. In fact, it has made me pretty much quit the game. A lot of them are gimmicky just like the raids them selves. If it was pre Naxx, id say go for it, but I barely play the game now. That's just my opinion though.

After Naxx arena is a lot more fun, new cards makes it fresh. And I cant say much about ranked play cuz that mode is boring

Arena is very simple for me. Thats why I play mostly constructed. Eventhough, I hate the Hunter meta right now. But I'll give you a tip, I've been using this site for Arena: http://www.arenavalue.com/

This site will give you a optimal board control deck. It will not only give you the highest value cards. But also tracks your mana curve. This is something most new players dont understand. You need a deck to flow smoothly to be a succes. Basicly, with this site. Half of the work is done. Now all you need to do is play it to perfection. Getting a 2400+ points value deck. Should always get above 7 wins if played correctly imho. If you get a deck around 2000 points. Anything is possible from 5-12 wins. Its still very RNG based. Sometimes you just meet counter decks that draw perfect. Anything under 5 wins is generally because you make misplays. It can ofcourse happen you have a unplayable bad arena draft. But this is rare.

I just visited a friend who started playing HS, and thought he was doing okay. He even got reasonable arena results from time to time. But when I watched him play. He pretty much misplayed every turn. I helped him with 2 arena drafts and played with him every turn. 1st time he got to 7 wins, the 2nd game 10 wins. He never got to 10 wins before I was helping him. So I guess player skill does exist in a RNG game.

Sometimes the most obvious plays arnt the best plays. Eventhough, they seem the best. It takes a full understanding of everything to make the right decisions. A simple example. Greed is often good. AOE spells like Flamestrike. You can cast it and remove 2 minions. This is value, right? 2 for 1. Smart players will not use it. They will wait with it. Hoping for the opponent to overextend. If you remove 4 minions with it. The game is pretty much over. This is a greedy play. But alot of players in low rank and arena arnt playing around AOE spells very well.
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 08-24-2014 at 12:33 PM.

I sometimes have 3 wins or lower with very good decks, cuz of RNG. I get the most shittiest draws and enemy gets some insane draws/cards. Its just that time of the week when I get constant bad arenas
    but then I get to 7+ wins with some crappy decks just cuz I was lucky enough to avoid people that have good decks.
    It balances out eventually that is if u know how to play properly.
    Last edited by tihi85; 08-24-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tihi85 View Post
    I sometimes have 3 wins or lower with very good decks, cuz of RNG.
    You sure about that. In my own experience. I never got under 3 wins. Blaming RNG when making mistakes is very very common in HS. Even popular streamers sometimes blame RNG. When they´ve made little mistakes that add up. Analyzing every turn after the game, if you can record it, would be the fastest way to learn. Devs already announced there will be a spectator mode in HS. When thats out. It will be very easy to learn from misplays.
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 08-24-2014 at 12:56 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast