Do you think there is still a negative stigma regarding guys playing female character

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 43

I usually choose dudes. Unless they have no male char like back in FFXIV 1.0 days. But I think there's nothing wrong with it. It's just a game. ya'know.

42 Reputation: 44

Remember GunZ online where everyone played females because their animations were a lot smoother?
    "Should've known you'd bring me heartache, almost lovers always do.
    Never gonna change my mind, we can leave it all behind."

Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.

Narcolepsy/Somniphobia.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

couple stories about me playing female characters:

Everquest: when i used to play i played with an RP group, female high elf mage. the group knew i was a guy(as i told them when they asked) and some guy came up to me with basically "leave these nerds and come hop in my car." but ruder and about the game. usual tough guy stuff.
    the group was laughing and encouraged me, i was too busy laughing as the guy described what he would do to me(or more hopefully my character). i finally speak up and tell him that i am in fact male. he pulls out the "eww ur gay fayget." and i lost it right there.

Aion: Playing a female scout, just minding my own business and 4 people show up and start talking to me, being a nice guy i chat with em and they give me free shit, never asked for it. i told em not to bother with the free stuff, i prefer to earn my own. finally someone asked me, are you male or female. i told em i was male, to the response of "you coulda fooled me, you type very femininely" i wasn't sure how i should take that.

Moral of the story: i don't think it's a big deal. as the character is not you, but just that, a character to be played.
    Claimed by the lovely miss Zilo

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfX View Post
    "...you type very femininely" i wasn't sure how i should take that.
    Actually, now that you mention it... I get that quite a lot too... Wonder why.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    i assume it' cus i don't use 1337
    Claimed by the lovely miss Zilo

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

I've played females before, and I never usually reveal my true gender unless someone asks me. Sometimes, they never ask me. I'm good at playing female roles, and I can name female characters pretty easily. In FFXIV 2.0, I originally had planned to do this, but then I decided to use my real name in-game, as well as my real life hair color, eye color, and real life height.

After all, the best way to be "Private" about something, is to be public about it. When people have had enough of asking about yourself, they tend to take it at face value, and therefore, have no need to ask for it any longer, nor bring it up. However, this is less effective when dealing with younger people.
    Last edited by coldReactive; 07-23-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    It is happening right now in Mabinogi <_<"
    Me - "No, I don't use Skype." <_<" Sigh
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Pro-tip, if you ever want free items in an MMO, make a female character and use a lot of smilies when talking, especially ^_^. Also, don't let it be known you're really a guy and make up some lame excuses as to why you wont talk on VOIP. A majority of men, even those that are supposedly in relationships, will treat you a thousand times better, give you shit, forgive your mistakes, give you preferred group access, etc...
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[8/13]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

I always play female characters in every games I play. I find their animations prettier and their armor sets on average is 100x nicer looking. However, if almost all the armor sets look like a bikini, that's just a big no no because that's just stupid and ridiculous. Male armor sets are usually too bulky for my taste.

Had a guy flirt with me once in Perfect World Malaysia. He incessantly asked a bunch of questions to see if I was really a female. I said I was a female to troll him. Eventually he asked if I was from Taiwan and if I wanted to meet up. Haha!

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45

Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games, You join, you do what you want, no real debate, enough said.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast