Do you think there is still a negative stigma regarding guys playing female character

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

i dont know why people think it's weird

all my characters are 99% female because i usually like all the armor for them - their hair is a lot better and hey it's sweet to play as a badass sexy character

the people that think it's weird are all close-minded and probably have a complex of some sorts as it is 100% personal choice

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Don't care really.. I play a mix of male or female chars and it usually all depends on their looks, costumes etc.

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 384

I feel that my avatar in game represents me, and In no way can I relate to being a female therefore I don't make female toons.
    Coincidentally, it applies to movies as well. I find that I rarely watch ones with a female who is the main protagonist.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

The Devil's Advocate. Reputation: 354

Not sure really.

I generally don't have anything against it, but, frankly, when I think about it, I do not think of such people in pleasant forms.

Usually they're either dumb kids or... Strange people.
    On nights like tonight when no one's around, I turn off the lights, and I float off the ground.

And I smile like I used to when you were around.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 286

Quote Originally Posted by Cingal View Post
    Not sure really.

I generally don't have anything against it, but, frankly, when I think about it, I do not think of such people in pleasant forms.

Usually they're either dumb kids or... Strange people.
    sums me up in a nutshell.
    Claimed by the lovely miss Zilo

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 72

people shouldn't really hate guys playing as girls in games, it's their fault for getting tricked and it's not like they're cross dressing to make you poor.. its your choice to use money or not and it's not necessary to do that either over a game you can just help the player with ingame loots.

then again the guys that abuse the "girl" characters for advantages are actually a turnoff

i think it's actually not a bad idea for guys to play as girls because not all games have many girls in them and some guys wouldn't want to even imagine being in a game with 1000 to 1 ratio of guys and girls, if half of the guys roleplay as girls then it would turn into a 50/50 ratio, it can sound creepy but i find it cute that guys play as girls.

if anything some of the guys that play girls probably wanted to be a girl irl or a girl trapped in a guys body
    it's a game and i think they should have the freedom to be who they want to be as you can't have such freedom in reality.

some girls play as guys to avoid guys flirts or just for plain role play / some could also want a boyfriend ingame since you know how some guys play girls because they are single and want to level their "girlfriend" same could apply for girls on boy characters.
    Last edited by Ryukiri; 07-24-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukiri View Post

if anything some of the guys that play girls probably wanted to be a girl irl or a girl trapped in a guys body
    it's a game and i think they should have the freedom to be who they want to be as you can't have such freedom in reality.
    Some might. Though I doubt that would be the case for the majority.

A few years back, I played an MMO with a online female friend, she usually played a guy character and I played a girl character. The whole guild got confused every single time we both voip.

Used to only make male characters (well, back then there was only Ragnarok Online, which had gender locked to player's ID card), when I started playing Rappelz Online, I was also starting to write the 3rd fiction, the first time the protagonist was a female. Making a female char in MMO really helped a lot, actually.

Now I'm doing 3d graphic, and make girls is lots more fun than making dudes.

What does that say about me ....

Cingal got it right. Definitely strange people.

Though I'd like to think the dumb kids are the ones trying to flirt/skype/get email/facebook with the female characters in MMO.
    Last edited by ASNZern; 07-24-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

42 Reputation: 10

For me it depends on the game, for example in Allods I feel weird when playing a female character.
    While in some other games like WoW I didnt care as much I would make both males and female characters depending on the race/class combination.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 94

I basically play female characters on 95% of games unless games that have only male, Its not anything of sexual nature, Female characters usually have awesome hairstyles and armor designs like FFXIV does, In no way do I abuse it, I'll flat out say i'm a guy.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

I don't have any issues with it nor has anyone given me any issues.
    Just a friendly reminder to never ever play a game published by PWE(Perfect World Entertainment)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast