Do you think there is still a negative stigma regarding guys playing female character

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Holy Hand Grenade Reputation: 41

Ive noticed alot of people, typically male asians (not saying thats a proven fact, just my own experience), prefer pretending to be females in game to get treated better/be given free stuff/get in to partys easier etc.

And yes there is a stigma, i dont really give a shit myself but I know people look down on males playing female characters, as they usually call that "character" a she, like "oh she can join if she wants" etc, and then they go on mumble and a deep male voice is heard and they get confused weither to call it a she, he or just an it
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynosphere View Post
    that works to lmao. we should all make a guild lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Koga View Post
    But then lmao. it will last lmao. about 2 days lmao. just like every other onrpg guild lmao. lmao.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 602

nah, ive only had little kids or trolls go 'omg your a guy and u play a female? whyyyy?' other then that i never had any comments.
    when the females look good i play a female cause i dont feel like staring at man ass all day. if the females dont look good i usually try to make a cool looking dude.

Currently Playing: Dragons Dogma

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

Heads or Tails Reputation: 19

I honestly haven't noticed a stigma. There's no "huge wall of prejudice" scaling between G.I.R.Ls and everyone else, it's only a matter of if having a guy playing a girl avatar ends up personally offending someone or not. I do it all the time and nobody complains.

If they do, oh well. It's your game-time, your fun, your character - not theirs.

I don't know what I was thinking to be completely honest.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

I didn't even ever know there was an issue with this. Then again I just assume everyone has a penis.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Just play what you want. I usually only stick to male characters but thats just because I relate more to them myself and enjoy playing masculine characters. Then again it doesn't matter if I play a gender locked game like say Vindictus so meh.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 34

With more and more action/aim based games, expect more female characters. Look at Gunz for example!!

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishGeneral View Post
    Ive noticed alot of people, typically male asians (not saying thats a proven fact, just my own experience), prefer pretending to be females in game to get treated better/be given free stuff/get in to partys easier etc.
    The cause of this is the ppl appraching female characters, with watever intent. Though this issue should be history now with all the VOIP and pre-built groups.

I play female characters often, almost 100% if the server is foreign. It's a habit I picked up in a guild way back, and may have a little to do with all the anime I watch. Nowadays, really depends on the character customizations, whichever looks better to me.

...Just be glad there are female avatars running around!!

Currently Playing:
    PSOII

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Quote Originally Posted by PoorGamer View Post
    I didn't even ever know there was an issue with this. Then again I just assume everyone has a penis.
    Nice assumption to have on the Internet.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245

I play girls on rare occasions. I like playing a guy because it helps me immerse myself in the game.. duno cant explain it.
    Relax and enjoy life

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Don't blame the haters. Blame the guys playing as girls who pretend they are girls IRL, aka the people who CREATE the haters.

Hell, I don't even mind that. If you want to identify as a girl that's fine by me. But there's too many horror stories of guys pretending to be girls and going so far as to entering some kind of cyber relationships, getting naked pics of the guy, or stealing his items, etc.

So it's no surprise that there's negativity surrounding guys playing as girl characters.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Quote Originally Posted by Retto View Post
    Don't blame the haters. Blame the guys playing as girls who pretend they are girls IRL, aka the people who CREATE the haters.

Hell, I don't even mind that. If you want to identify as a girl that's fine by me. But there's too many horror stories of guys pretending to be girls and going so far as to entering some kind of cyber relationships, getting naked pics of the guy, or stealing his items, etc.

So it's no surprise that there's negativity surrounding guys playing as girl characters.
    That's almost like hating women because some women put sleeping gel on their nipples and pick up guys to steal their money. Hate the thief, not the gender.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast