Any do-able pvp game out there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default Any do-able pvp game out there?

Hi

im looking for a mmo(rpg) that allows you to enjoy pvp without a huge time sink

i know people always bs how they gear up so fast and how everything gets handed to you now

but somehow i dont have the magic spell to also get high end equip in a day

( * i think they are just plain lying * )

e.g. ( not that i wanne play it again ).....

in WoW you would level up then do bgs or dungeons "forever" to get shit and then do other shit "forever" to get something that makes you competetive....

i was thinking about starting Aion

( playing right after release and found it to be very boring and very small and so not what they claimed it would be )

BUT then i read it got much better BUT then i read its just a very boring leveling up and then its a very very long grind to get a good / decent / competetive pvp set AND THEN its enchanting / improving said gear / set...

i played gw2 and it was a total zerg...

i hate zergs...

i think only people without any skill would do zerg though i see mass battles can be kinda cool...

im looking for skill based 1vs1 action without having to play for moooooooooooonths and definitely not wanne grind tons of kinah-gold or what ever currency

i played tera but got sooooooooooo bored around lvl 40 because its only cool in the beginning then its like

always the same mobs / group of mobs ( which is far not hack and slay )

red eye

evade

and totally lame dungeons...

is there even any game that doesnt make you quest grind very long to farm shitty items for even longer to enchant those shitty crap to get the next crap level to have at some point something that is good-ok-nice to go into pvp ??

thx in advance

Xenonight2's Zealot Reputation: 87

The first answer that comes to mind is '' Not an MMO ''

MMOs are meant for progress
    WoW's pretty forgiving in that sense, with gear made especially for PVP that can be acquired in a day once max level.
    In RO you would Farm for stuff for weeks...

Anyways.. If we keep to the MMO genre, I guess there's guild wars 1, lvl 20 max, pvp centered.

Not sure why even minor ''buildup'' time is so important for you though, once it's done, it's done, if you're geared in WoW, now you don't have to give a shit anymore. That game is pretty forgiving compared to some other games, but still.
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 07-23-2014 at 01:19 AM.

ok well can you please tell me how you get competetive pvp gear in wow in one day?

its capped now so we are talking well gear on that very level and yeah u can get the weapon very easy via heroic dungeons and trading in those points...

so please tell me how do you get the rest in a day?

Quote Originally Posted by fbnx View Post
    ok well can you please tell me how you get competetive pvp gear in wow in one day?

its capped now so we are talking well gear on that very level and yeah u can get the weapon very easy via heroic dungeons and trading in those points...

so please tell me how do you get the rest in a day?
    The Conquest cap raises if you didn't participate in the current season.
    Week 1 example cap is 1800.
    If you didn't play for the season, your cap would be 18000 allowing you to gear through arena matches in a day.

If the season just started, other players are also subject to a similar cap to yours.

There's no cap on honor so you can also get pretty geared even if you would be capped or have trouble finding a partner for arena due to your ilvl 400 gear.

Anyways there are alot of less forgiving games pvp-wise, that is true, but MMOs are MEANT to be progression based. You're not meant to just jump in there and be awesome, that wouldn't make for a decent rpg. You should play FPS/strategic games or mobas.
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 07-23-2014 at 01:29 AM.

so can you plz explain how i would get all honor items ( i think 512? ) in a day?

i see its no prob getting e.g. the weapon in hours rushing the heroics...

but there are so many items

so lets say i can play 4-6 hours a day how many items can i get

btw: they want like tons of gold to boost your arena rating or you need to know people and they probably want to spend all day boosting you...

again:

please tell me how i get competetive pvp gear in a day ( question @ any1 who knows )

Quote Originally Posted by fbnx View Post
    so can you plz explain how i would get all honor items ( i think 512? ) in a day?

i see its no prob getting e.g. the weapon in hours rushing the heroics...

but there are so many items

so lets say i can play 4-6 hours a day how many items can i get

btw: they want like tons of gold to boost your arena rating or you need to know people and they probably want to spend all day boosting you...

again:

please tell me how i get competetive pvp gear in a day ( question @ any1 who knows )
    Heroics weapon are worse than honor. And are long to get.
    I would get a few pieces from timeless (ilvl 496)
    A crafted pvp trinket (the one that clears CCs) bought from AH (200g)
    Would farm BGs for second trinket for the resilience bonus.
    If you're lucky you can get the krasarang bosses for 250honor each, and if you played pvp when leveling you probably have 2+K saved up.
    Then focus on legs and helm or shoulders (or my weakest piece), then weapon when I reach the honor requirements.
    But I'd consider myself at atleast a ''useable'' level to start arena with a friend.
    If midseason you could farm conquest till you get full gear.
    If not, people are probably not overgearing you by much and honor would probably be pretty close to the best gear obtainable.

''Arena rating'' is irrelevant to the gearing process.

Might take you more than a day if you're limited in time and don't have weekends, but that portion still doesn't stop you from playing the game. You don't have to do this every week.

In wow leveling up is the long part, not gearing up.

--If you don't want a progress oriented game you probably shouldn't be searching for a MMO, you should stick to mobas/fps/strategic game where everyone starts the game with the same assets.--
    Didn't say it was instant : but it's short still for a MMO.

Let's be honest : you won't be at pro-arena level of gears that followed the whole season. But you probably won't play as good either and won't get to face them if you didn't play anyways, so it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by DarkAztaroth; 07-23-2014 at 02:09 AM.

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

If you want PVP that's not a huge time sink, and you have GW2. Why didn't you just do tPVP and sPVP. There's no zerg, and you're instantly max level.

Besides that, leave MMOs and play MOBAs.
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

RIP the Dawngates : (

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Songz View Post
    If you want PVP that's not a huge time sink, and you have GW2. Why didn't you just do tPVP and sPVP. There's no zerg, and you're instantly max level.

Besides that, leave MMOs and play MOBAs.
    sPVP will have spawn camping, like TF2. I already experienced it twice in GW2. (And once in WvWvW)

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 168

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    sPVP will have spawn camping, like TF2. I already experienced it twice in GW2. (And once in WvWvW)
    I only know one map where you can spawn camp. And it only happens when the opposing team is complete crap. No one cares about capturing points because half the opinions team perhaps DC'd, or AFK or something.

Spawn camping is not frequent in GW2.

How can you Spawn camp in WvWvW? You can "spawn" anywhere... 0-o
    Me, Me, Me, GF |&| Me! D;!

RIP the Dawngates : (

You can join my Minitroopers army!

Don't you dare quote me!

Don't you dare Rep me neither!

I don't want your petty influences upon my soul!

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Songz View Post
    I only know one map where you can spawn camp. And it only happens when the opposing team is complete crap. No one cares about capturing points because half the opinions team perhaps DC'd, or AFK or something.

Spawn camping is not frequent in GW2.

How can you Spawn camp in WvWvW? You can "spawn" anywhere... 0-o
    If one server dominates enough, (This was before megaserver and the huge flying ship season/living world event system was added) you can push back the other two servers to their base spawn points in their main fortress. It just becomes a zerg rush when this happens.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast