Warcraft Forum Ban

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Default Warcraft Forum Ban

So, I got a nice permanent ban from the WoW forums for two posts. I can honestly see a warning for the first as it was a bit much for a Futurama reference but the second was just a fun off topic thread that produced a fun, several page discussion.

Ban Type
    Spamming / Trolling

Expires
    Permanent

Ban Reason
    Permanently banned for posting off-topic threads or discussing topics not suitable or outside the scope of the World of Warcraft forums. Clarification on the intended purpose of this forum could be found in a thread at the top titled "Welcome: Please Read!"

Thread Title:
    Yay ninjad again
    Reply #26
    I feel you. However, be warned you're just going to get a bunch of dirty hippies preaching about how they are entitled to the gear you need even when it's your main. I wonder why some people dislike Democrats, then I remember... we have people like that. Damn Dirty Hippies. ArOOOOoooooo.

Thread Title:
    I killed a spider...
    Reply #1
    Earlier today when I was taking a shower, I spotted a small black spider in the corner. I immediately knew that we must battle. So, I grabbed my shampoo bottle and attacked. The spider, like some kind of ninja god, dodged it and slid down its webbing to the tub.Fearful that it may defeat me on even ground, I panicked and sprayed it with water, sending it down the drain.I was happy to have defeated the beast, but at the same time I felt bad. What if it had a spider family and little spider babies somewhere?There's also a part of me that fears it faked defeat and retreated down the drain to plot revenge. That it is just down there... waiting...

Super Moderator Reputation: 184

Good news! You'd probably get warned/infractioned for the exact same posts here, too!

So...Is there a point to this thread?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Well if you didn't post them in the appropriate boards yeah a punishment is reasonable.

If it was your first infraction I could understand the concern over a permaban but I'm guessing you were warned before.

As Arri pointed out, you chose to post again in the wrong section(this case General would've been more appropriate) since their reasons appear to be appropriate.

For example, if you posted your spider story here on the MMO section you'd like get a infraction as well.

If you infracted and banned for that, the majority of the active community(mods/admins included) would no longer be here.

The point is, WoW Forums are serious bizness tread carefully because the fun bs, banter, and debates we have here will not be tolerated.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 07-23-2014 at 04:39 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    If you infracted and banned for that, the majority of the active community(mods/admins included) would no longer be here.

The point is, WoW Forums are serious bizness tread carefully because the fun bs, banter, and debates we have here will not be tolerated.
    Most chit-chat and banter is still on-topic, see stuff like the lol thread. Sure it's not all super serious but generally on topic still. When you seriously derail a thread via fighting/oftopicness or post a thread to the wrong section is when you'll see the immediate infractions/temp-bans VS moments where you simply get a warning(like Arri's post).

Again provided you stay on topic, or try to minimize off topic discussion you're golden.
    "Har har 'reply to other posters off topic comment/joke'

On-topic though, Rengar is a piece of shit, **** that cat"

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 246

your own fault ... move on. and this is off topic in a mmorpg section.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

WoW's forums are primarily centered around WoW even though they might have a general section and all that other stuff.

Life outside the OnRPG lounge is so difficult

Alright, alright. You guys are making a strong argument.

Modding shouldn't be about slinging infractions every time you don't like something. It's about preserving and enhancing the community.
    Swinging the ban hammer at every trivial thing does nothing but turn a forum into a boring ghost town where people are afraid to speak their mind.

Good mods make use of the move, edit, and delete tools. Reserving infractions/bans for serious disruptions.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245

The ''my way or insta ban'' attitude is horrible for a community.
    Relax and enjoy life

When you have as many people as you do posting threads about any possible little thing on all possible sections, it gets difficult to do anything but follow strict modding guidelines. Forums like onRPG can get away with it because we don't have nearly the amount of people the WoW forums do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast