ArcheAge: A Brighter Age was Brillaint - CBT2 on 7/30

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Default ArcheAge: A Brighter Age was Brillaint - CBT2 on 7/30

http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/...was-brilliant/

--------------------
    We’d like to say thanks for helping make our first ArcheAge Closed Beta Event, A Brighter Age, a great success!

This was an important test. It was the first time our launch hardware and networks were load tested with real people, the first test for the new backend software integration present in our version of ArcheAge, the first load test for the store, and the first clean test of some of the gameplay westernizations in ArcheAge.

We’d like to share as many details with you as we can about what we were testing and how it all went.

Our key giveaways all went extremely rapidly, and you turned out in larger numbers, faster than any beta we’ve run before! So fast, that the first servers filled up in 18 minutes. Usually when we run a beta, even when things go quickly, we have an hour’s notice that more might be needed. Not in this in case. This gave us important practice at adding a new set of servers to a packed service.

While you were all playing on the servers, we were carefully monitoring the systems behind the scenes and making modifications the entire time. All of the hardware held up really well, and you helped us identify one server that was having network issues, which we resolved during the test.

You also helped us to identify and fix challenges with some of the custom integration for our version! Some of you may have noticed issues with logging in, or with the store showing 0 credits. Both of these were due to one of the key systems integrated for our region. This was the first time that integration had ever been tested under real load, and making sure that all of the software and integration scales well is one of the reasons for these progressive beta events. With your help, we were able to identify and fix issues with that integration before the end of the event!

During the event, we were also adapting our own anti-spam and anti-bot software in real time. Our anti-spam software now handles in-game mails. When spammers get caught and removed, the software automatically handles any mails they’d sent prior to getting caught, removing all traces from your in-game mailbox.

While you were playing, you were also giving us feedback on what you liked, and didn’t like, with our version of ArcheAge. We really appreciate all of the detailed feedback, both about things you liked and would like to see improved. With your input, we’re reviewing a number of systems with XLGAMES, including use of labor while you’re hunting and looting, labor regeneration rates for online and offline players, and the availability of Archeum. We’re also looking into the feasibility of XLGAMES adding an ability queue and mouse inverting.

While larger gameplay changes will be ongoing over multiple builds, bug fixes, smaller updates, security updates, and localization changes are already in progress and on their way over to us for the next build. We’ll also be tweaking the items on the store to give you more of what you’re asking for! Remember, all of your credits will be refunded at launch, and your spending and feedback helps us to customize what’s on the store for you!

Based on the stability of CBE1 and the turnaround of key updates, we are thrilled to be able to announce our second Closed Beta Event: Setting Sail!

Our second beta event will start at 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Wednesday, July 30 and run through 10:00 AM PDT (GMT-7) on Monday, August 4. We expect it to be around three times as big as the first Closed Beta Event. We’ll have more invites for those of you who have signed up on the official ArcheAge website, and more giveaway keys than before, so you’ll have a better chance to get in! In addition, we’re holding a contest for you to win an opportunity to play on Alpha AND on Beta! As always, all Founders get into every Closed Beta Event!

We look forward to seeing you in ArcheAge!

The ArcheAge Team

--------------------

So another test in one more week. I suppose this means launch is that much more far off.

Game List Master Reputation: 165

Hopefully I can get in this time really need a new mmo to play

General Manager Reputation: 353

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    Hopefully I can get in this time really need a new mmo to play
    Should have just messaged me for a key.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. - FarmerM

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    Should have just messaged me for a key.
    Don't suppose you have anymore for the next beta? Would love to try it out.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Good luck questing <_<" or finding a mob to kill...
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    Good luck questing <_<" or finding a mob to kill...
    Whenever I started a new character someone instantly invited me to a raid and I pretty much finished those early quests without attacking anything myself.

General Manager Reputation: 353

Quote Originally Posted by Saeldadar View Post
    Don't suppose you have anymore for the next beta? Would love to try it out.
    New beta keys haven't been sent out yet. Still in negotiations.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Stop being a dirty hobo and pay the cheap monthly sub. - FarmerM

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Elsword
    History: FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

I missed today's beta key event . I suppose that's what I get for never checking the home page and just going straight to the forums.

42 Reputation: 10

At least Close Betas are short, been a while since I was hyped for this game.
    I kinda forgot about it.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45

I found the game so much better than other games out there.
    The game is well thought out, & practiced, it has something for everyone to do & enjoy.
    Its about time a game like this happened, a long time waiting too.
    We need more games like this instead of all the mundane boring actions set in most mmo's out there.

GG. cheers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast