ArcheAge: A Brighter Age was Brillaint - CBT2 on 7/30

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 15

A question? Does anyone know how much access I will get and when I will get It, If I buy the $50 founders package? If I buy that, Do I only get access during betas? or do I get access untill and beyond release?

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by mindfray View Post
    A question? Does anyone know how much access I will get and when I will get It, If I buy the $50 founders package? If I buy that, Do I only get access during betas? or do I get access untill and beyond release?
    With the $50 pack, you will get access to all the closed betas, the open beta (which is open to everyone, founders pack or not), and the 4-day early start that all founders get access to. After that, you will get a month of premium subscription for the first month of the game.

Edit: I have a sick fascination with torturing people using walls of text. The following is from a conversation had in the comments of a youtube video featuring ArcheAge(The MMOHuts first look, to be exact).

Quote Originally Posted by Konporer W. - Opening Post
    hate to break it to u guys looking for a new mmo, this game is a huge disspointment without hope of redeeming in any patch unless it's a completely reborn,,,, its combat and general system is too bland to attract u for long,, but u still is gonna try it so what im saying
    There was then some other comments, including one saying that Konporer was wrong. To which he replied,

Quote Originally Posted by Konporer W.
    +Chase Broskay come back to read your this comment 1 or half month later, ull get what i mean
    To which I replied with,

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF
    I played the Korean version for 2 months and the Russian version for close to four months. The game is great, even in the version the NA version is being released.

Sure, it's not for everyone. You can't please everyone, unfortunately. But the game is great for a lot of people. You can't just make a broad statement saying the game is going to be a disappointment.

Since you want to say, "Come back in a month" how long have you played the game? How many of the features have you participated in? Do you have a job so you can afford premium? Or were you a completely free players and stayed out of crafting and house owning?
    He then replied,

Quote Originally Posted by Konporer W.
    +apocaRUFF how can u say u played the game when u cant even read the language with 0 activities in the various mmo interactions?

it only show how fanboyistic your opinion on the game is,,
    im in japan played it, ive seen it from rising up to literally dropped to the bottom with minimun amount of players left even after it had no other way but were force to go f2p months ago.
    To which I said,

I played the game in Korean using using a combination for a decently sized community of Enligh Players + my own understanding of the Korean Language (which is, admittedly, quite rough). I only played as a F2P player in the Korean version, as well.

In the Russian version there was an English patch + a huge community of English players (thousands of English players). The Russian server also made it decently easy for foreign players to get the premium cash-shop currency and to get the Patron/VIP status. I was VIP during my time in Russia and I spent a decent chunk of change on the cash shop as well (I was the tool that bought the swan boat for shits and giggles).

Japanese players may not like the game for various reasons. Perhaps it just doesn't meld well with their culture of gaming (Japanese games are usually quite different than what ArcheAge is). And we all know ArcheAge didn't work out as a P2P game and had to go F2P - that's why it's now F2P in Korea (it's home country) and is being released as F2P in every other region.

However, evidence shows that while it may not have been great as a P2P game, it is awesome as a F2P game. This is evident by the thousands of English-speaking players (a lot from NA, but a decent portion from Europe as well) that played and paid on the Russian servers. Heck, on the servers that the English players amassed on, we rivaled the Russians in number.

Also, there is a huge difference between experience and fanboyism. I let me experience with the game be known in full detial, yet as far as we know you spent a bit of time on the Japanese servers plus a short amount of time NA servers, probably during beta or maybe even alpha.

If anything, you are just being a sensationalist, trying to hype the game in a negative light so that you can feel like the messiah that has lead the masses to the truth.
    And then he said,

Quote Originally Posted by Kanporer W.
    +apocaRUFF why would i even care to try the na server in the first place? dou even read? and your reasoning for this game being good is?

becuae there is an english community of more than 1k ppl omg so this game must be great, woe befall all those saying otherwise!
    also, "this game is not greag as f2p, but this game is awesome as f2p game" is so logistically glorious that my just aloss for words to reply back. sorry ie been such a fool to even argue with fanboysm of such high level.
    And I said,

I'm honestly not sure if you even understand what you're saying.

Why would you try to NA server? Because it's completely free to do so - Trion gave out probably close to a hundred thousand keys for the first beta event alone. They will probably do about the same for this up-coming event as well. You would want to try them out so you could form your own opinion, rather than sharing an opinion that is based on nothing (at your own admission).

You claim to have spent a minimal amount of time on Japanese servers, yet no time on North American servers. Yet, the video is of gameplay on the North American/European servers, thus the discussion topic is North American/European servers. You have zero experience with either, so what are you basing what you are saying? A few hours spent in a game probably something along the lines of eight months ago?

If there are well over five thousand English speakers (not "1k ppl omg") - keep in mind this is just a rough guesstimate, based on the numbers of active users on ArcheAgeSource in the Russian sections, as well as the numbers I saw in game such as the massive English Zerg guilds with hundreds upon hundreds of players). - willing to go out of their way to play on a Russian server, how do you think it will do in the NA markets when people don't have to jump through hoops, deal with headaches like their banks calling them asking if they made the purchase to a company in Russia, translating the webpage just so they can register, etc... ?

You probably don't have the capacity to even begin to think about how those numbers will translate into North America. And, keep in mind, this is just my guessing based on the numbers of players I played with and witnessed during my time in Russia. But I'm guessing that if there's thousands upon thousands of North American players willing to go out of their way to play on the Russian servers or clamor and sometimes even pay for beta keys on the North American servers....I'm guessing that there will be at a bare minimum tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of players who enjoy and play the game in North America, where playing will be as easy as registering and installing.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 07-25-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

these giveaways are annoying some people got 50 keys and we cant get even one .... someone should take action against those ppl selling em.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by vasileb View Post
    these giveaways are annoying some people got 50 keys and we cant get even one .... someone should take action against those ppl selling em.
    Unfortunately, the only ones that can take action against them are Trion. And I highly doubt Trion would be willing to commit the man power and money to making that happen. Especially when, in the end, Trion is getting exactly what they want from the keys - players and hype for the game.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Game List Master Reputation: 165

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPW View Post
    Should have just messaged me for a key.
    How was I to know you had a key spare ?

Rock Man Reputation: 10

beta test 2 keys out yet?

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304030?snr=1_41_4__42

ArcheAge is on Steam now but apparently it still forces you to use Glyph. Either way this will be great for ArcheAge's player base.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Really excited to have finally snagged a beta key for this closed beta. Putting a lot of my hopes into this game, has pretty much everything I want. Hopefully the community is into PvP and makes PvP a worthwhile experience. From what I've read from the other thread, the game will go live for download shortly before this CB phase? Because it doesn't show up in Glyph. I don't mind, but I feel bad for people with bad internet connection who won't be able to download 22 GB shortly before the game goes live.

EDIT: I lied I just had to click view on archeage under all games to reassure myself my key worked lol.

See you guys in game!!
    Last edited by shaddy; 07-26-2014 at 02:48 AM.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

Still some closed beta keys left at:

http://mmohuts.com/giveaways/archeag...ode-giveaway-2

*Only 200 keys left at the time of this post.

Onrpg also has its own closed beta keys:

http://www.onrpg.com/giveaways/arche...de-giveaway-2/

*1140 keys left here at the time of this post.

Cheers to those of you who managed to snag a key last minute. See you all in game.
    Last edited by Angelique; 07-30-2014 at 12:53 AM. Reason: More information.
    ♡♡♡♡♡(づ_ど)♡♡♡♡♡

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast