Best MMO with a good market system?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

Default Best MMO with a good market system?

Any mmos with a cool market system or easy to merch off? Most games have a bulletin board or one person which counts as the market, what im looking for is a game where u need to set up a shop to sell ur equips/items (pref a mmo without a high tax rate system).

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

You mean you want to set up shops instead of using Auction ?
    If so, look for Korean MMO. Most western-made MMO use Auction system.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Star Wars Galaxies was great for this sort of stuff. Shopping in that game was amazing due to the housing system and the supreme freedom of the decorating system within the housing system. And since players could set-up NPC vendors (that could have various looks, you could equip with whatever you liked, and even set up custom or pre-set greeting messages...) inside their homes, and to get the good stuff you would need to travel to those vendors, you would end up seeing a lot of awesome stuff in your shopping trips. Players would often set up mall-type shops with multiple vendors, sometimes from multiple people, inside some of the larger houses like Guild Halls.

It was the best game for being a trader. For the first 6 months I played that game, I did absolutely zero combat. I was a full-time trader (and I really mean full-time, I could play six+ hours a day and still have interesting stuff to do), with my primary focus being droid engineering. Between the crafting system and the resource and manufacturing systems, there was always something to be done - be it checking your harvesters or factories, restocking shops, building new stuff, surveying for new resource spawns, or just sitting in the cantina chatting up people and gaining new friends and potential customers.

I used to spend a decent chunk of my time in various Cantinas. One of my favorite things to do was to build and set-up a droid for entrainment use. You could install various modules in them that would provide special effects like smoke, lights, etc...

SWG is gone, but SWGEmu is still alive and kicking.

Damn, I just kicked myself in the nuts with nostalgia.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

I like RPG MO's market system. It's oldschool, Buy Orders Sell Orders, but the economy is great in this game, and there are so many ways to make money and a lot of different skills.

I would check it out , at least its a fun and addicting timekiller that runs in your browser.

google it, RPG MO

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 12

Quote Originally Posted by ANK0 View Post
    Any mmos with a cool market system or easy to merch off? Most games have a bulletin board or one person which counts as the market, what im looking for is a game where u need to set up a shop to sell ur equips/items (pref a mmo without a high tax rate system).
    Sounds like you are looking for something like secondlife or Entropia Universe.

Arri's Animal Reputation: 133

Quote Originally Posted by markca View Post
    hey thts cool, is the game always that active?

Arri's Animal Reputation: 133

it's active, just not as crazy as it used to be, atm renewal has 3000 online players, pretty sure 500-1500 of those players are just separate characters selling in town, or bots running around farming. Economy is pretty nuts though, if you want anything decent it'll cost you like..40mill+, or just farm and hope you get really lucky.

Just took these screenies. Basically how Prontera(main city) is.

Last edited by markca; 07-26-2014 at 12:54 AM.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt

Quote Originally Posted by markca View Post
    it's active, just not as crazy as it used to be, atm renewal has 3000 online players, pretty sure 500-1500 of those players are just separate characters selling in town, or bots running around farming. Economy is pretty nuts though, if you want anything decent it'll cost you like..40mill+, or just farm and hope you get really lucky.

Just took these screenies. Basically how Prontera(main city) is.

ok cool, ill try it out today

Cingal's Collar Reputation: 72

ragnarok has alot of money hoggers who overprice crap and gather zeny for NO reason at all, and whenever people actually sell it for cheap those rich zeny dudes buy them all because the sellers are on at midnight for me (i actually waited till 4 am just to hear that it was sold)

so i ended up quitting because it's really annoying making zeny without buying warp portal points or buying gold off a botter site. not to mention more than half of renewal's playercount is botters botting in maps for easy levels or card drops

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast