You've Been Chosen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Default You've Been Chosen

The time is near... they are watching
    Your power is rising
    You’ve been chosen.

You've been chosen.

The Rabbit Hole is deep. Do you dare take the jump and enter its domain?

================================================== ==========

All that aside, it seems like they will either be making an Alternate Reality Game, or be using an Alternate Reality Game to promote an upcoming game called Nightmare, which seems to focus on some sort of conspiracy theory stuff, along with something about "what really happens when you sleep?"

I love me a good ARG. Fans of The Secret World or Ingress will probably perk up at this. Lots of research to be done, secrets to find. Code to break, and hidden meanings to decipher.

To help make people more interested, this backed by Bioware (which means EA, but still).

================================================== ===========

For those who decided to jump into the rabbit hole - here is the list of electives for the Woods-Watson Institute.

Explorations of Percival Fawcett: 1927-1956
    Martial Tactics versus Incorporeal Entities
    Literature of Barbara Newhall Follett: 1965-1985
    Diplomatic Protocols of Ancient Civilizations
    Translating Hieroglyphics of the Late Awakening Era
    Electrical Engineering in Technologically-Hostile Environments
    Theoretical Applications of Non-Newtonian Fluids in Aetheric Solids
    Civilization and the Self: How Individuals can Create Something Greater
    Kind of odd to offer electives concerning incorporeal entities (ghosts and the like), literature and research concerning people that were dead during the time frames given, diplomatic protocols of the ancient civilizations, and Aetheric Solids (Aether being something that in it's scientific, debunked, and mythical definitions is not solid...). Quite interesting. Seems like an institute meant to prepare those who will be dealing with the extraordinary.

================================================== ==

One class in particular is interesting to me, because of one of the events on the event calender. This class is Diplomatic Protocols of Ancient Civilizations.

To achieve harmony, all parties in a cultural exchange must show proper respect and foreknowledge of each other’s nuances. An effective diplomat is aware of all traditions behind a negotiation, which is especially challenging when compromising with multi-millennial political entities. This class is a requirement for students applying to act as liaison with the Radiant Empires.
    This is interesting because of the events calender, which has multiple mentions of "Diplomatic Liason selection". So the students of the institute will be interacting with the "Radiant Empires." Sometime in September or later (probably, based on the calender).

When trying to figure out what this exactly means, this get quite odd. Initially, I thought it was perhaps in reference to an ancient empire in our world (which could still be the case, I'm still looking into it). But I did come across something a bit odd/interesting.

This is an odd completely text-based storage for A PH.D on the UCSD.edu website for Russel Impagliazzo, who oddly enough does research in cryptography. Anyways, he has a directory called CRYSTAL and it seems to be some sort of table-top RPG that is played in a location known as the "Radiant Empire".

Probably absolutely nothing to do with all this, but I found it odd to stumble upon it. Especially when this can be found in one of the text files, "The Purple Pomegranate Campaign is fantasy role-playing at its most exotic. The game is set in the Radiant Empire a multi-species non-human civilization of vast dimension and antiquity. The Empire employs a sophisticated magical technology to further its ambitious spiritual mission: creating paradise from the dreams of its citizens. " Dreams of its citizens... Reminds me of "what really happens when you sleep?" Hmm.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 07-26-2014 at 05:18 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Calling it now. Shoehorned poorly written LGBT stuff, Microtransactions, DLC you already paid for but haven't paid to unlock, runs like garbage, and if they make a sequel they will alienate fans of the first game in every possible way.
    Just a friendly reminder to never ever play a game published by PWE(Perfect World Entertainment)

SuperKenshin's Servent Reputation: 19

I don't feel very chosen.. :/
    Quoted from Kashis
    "I have a penis, I don't need to play as a guy to be reminded of that."

Every time you promote a crap browser game...I die a little inside.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

*Wakes up to email notification saying "You've Been Chosen".
    Me: "Could it be a beta code for a BioWare game?
    *Sees a trailer
    Me: "You wake me up for this shit! Let me watch for the hell of it"
    *Watches video
    pretty much this.
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Asiankid0 View Post
    pretty much this.

Yeah, my comment on the trailer was, "'You've been chosen...' ... To watch our trailer "
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 41

Got the E-mail too, i don't know why it made me think of Soma for some reason o,e

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 245

Hmm that was interesting
    Relax and enjoy life

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Look ma, I am a Pokemon!

(OT: I don't understand the trailer.)

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Sounds interesting on text but honestly I haven't heard of a game that didnt , even if it was bablefish Chinese to English.

The Bioware name also makes me weary.. Also a CGI shows nothing. Does anyone remember Dead Island? Although admittedly that game had some good stuff to it still.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 447

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Look ma, I am a Pokemon!

(OT: I don't understand the trailer.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast