is it worth buying dvd/blu ray?

Easssssssy Livin' Reputation: 853

Default is it worth buying dvd/blu ray?

You dudes all know I collect stuff. Well, the other day I found a huge stack of dvd for ten cents each. I regularly see them for a buck or fifty cents and don't even look, but I noticed a ton of my favorite movies in the stack (jay and silent bob, American history x, shawshank, big lebowski, reservoir dogs, etc) and ended up grabbing them.

It got me thinking...do I wanna own my favorite movies on a physical disc? With the games, the quirks or playing on original hardware is a part of the appeal. VHS lacks the charm. It's silly for me to collect VHS. They're too vulnerable. But discs, discs last a long time and don't get occasionally eaten by the player.

Blue ray plays dvd, and I don't see movies switching to all digital for a long time yet.

Idk I made this thread and babbled and circled the drain. Idk where I'm going with this. I guess tldr do you think discs will last another 10 years? And would you personally buy movies for $1 each?

Roxane's Roadkill Reputation: 384

No it's really not worth buying. Honestly even DVD and bluray players nowadays are being equipped with Netflix and hulu.
    We talked about love and what life could really be for me. When that sh-..is real you just know.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

My wife and I have about 800 dvd/blu rays. We never watch them. So, it's a fairly pointless collection with no cash value.

I really want to sell them for $1-2 each at a local market while people still actually buy them but she won't let me.
    Last edited by FarmerM; 07-28-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Loric's Lunatic Reputation: 299
    Last edited by postrook; 07-27-2014 at 10:20 PM.
    I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.