There is no shame in this F2P market - Cheapness sells and everyone is buying it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Team fortress 2 is not suddenly a bad shooter, just because it's not for sale.
    Being F2P or not doesn't have much to do with the quality of the game.
    The community sure did go to shit as soon as it went F2P thus making it a bad game.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 220

Quote Originally Posted by PoorGamer View Post
    Stopped reading there because if you believe this then I don't want to become enraged at how inaccurate that wall of text is.
    Yeah, already a very poor idea to try to include politics into anything else non politics related. Not the brightest move.

Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    I didn't read this, but I'm assuming it's something along the lines of, "Vote with your wallet."
    You should be thankful, I wasted a few minutes to read this and the quote only be disappointed that there was no real evidence and it all sounds like just assumption after assumption.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jermatoo View Post
    Yeah, already a very poor idea to try to include politics into anything else non politics related. Not the brightest move.

You should be thankful, I wasted a few minutes to read this and the quote only be disappointed that there was no real evidence and it all sounds like just assumption after assumption.
    Google is your friend. Superdata is your friend. You would know if you were an MMO veteran and not a random poster.

Nothing to do with politics. You get what you pay for. And 99.99 percent of F2P MMOs are shit. If you are blind it is not my issue but for the sake of it, why don't you compare a typical F2P MMOrpg and a typical sub-MMOrpg. You know graphics, combat animation, voice acting, ect.

Your post is baseless and as clueless as your knowledge of this genre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PoorGamer View Post
    Stopped reading there because if you believe this then I don't want to become enraged at how inaccurate that wall of text is.
    I am a capitalist in a capitalist environment. That is how the world works. You get what you pay. So if you want cheap shit you will get cheap shit.

And what exactly is inaccurate? Majority dictates the market.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shenraiz View Post
    Blaming consumers is counter-productive and not at all the true issue.
    Consumers support a market. If they didn't want that market they wouldn't have supported it. It is basic logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chakraflare View Post
    this post is so trolly i don't even know what to say. games are like with everything in life - if there is a market people will start a game/business - some will be better than others.

do you really expect people to stop eating at mcdonalds when they realize that going to a fine dining restaurant has better quality food?

some people won't admit it but mcdonalds is stupidly delicious in some situations
    Do you see society flooded with Mcdonalds to the point where better food is rare? I don't so your analogy has no weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ASNZern View Post
    ................ Way too much assumption in your 'thesis'.
    A thesis is a stance not an assumption.

If you wanted a good Star Wars MMO you wouldn't support SWTOR.
    If you wanted a good Guild Wars you wouldn't support GW2.
    If you wanted Skyrim with multiplayer you woudn't support ESO.

and the list goes on.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 45

Your right there is no shame in F2P market. Its the greatest.
    The issue isn't F2P, its the person who thinks they have a voice & just stomps on a title that's working.

Dixie Banana Bar Reputation: 10

Whether or not a game is good is completely subjective. The biggest challenge is the developers. You either develop a great game without shit about getting paid a high salary or you develop a semi-great game because you aren't getting paid enough. Passion for creating an awesome vs getting paid. Those are the two things that fuels a game. You're either fueled by money or passion. I have to admit...yes, there are many p2p games that puts majority of f2p games to shame but I CHOOSE to play f2p games. I choose to accept a good f2p game. Do I deserve it? Who gives a damn? Why would I ask someone if they deserve to play a great game? If they enjoy the game they are playing, then cool.

In my opinion, it all comes down to the players and the business model. I've seen quiet a few games with shitty graphics that did really well over the years. The game will either be ruined by a crappy business model or there will be players who troll the game and make the entire community not a good place to live in. Though players who troll are easy to manage. So I have to narrow it down to business model. Will I ever buy a p2p game? When I have the money to afford my own office, comfy swivel chair, desk, gaming desktop complete with mouse and headset and everything with it, and the time to enjoy it, then yes. But until then, i'm gonna budget and enjoy f2p games. F2p games are actually pretty good. Most of the time, the developer sucks and it will make it hard for the publishers to make the game look good. When that happens, its up to the player if they still want to play the game. Some actually do because they stay for the community.

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 80

Then your thesis lacks stance. You only have assumption.
    It's WNxPyrZern. Pleased to meet you.
    Pyr3D.com - My Folio
    ---

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by 0Authority View Post
    Do you see society flooded with Mcdonalds to the point where better food is rare? I don't so your analogy has no weight.
    Hey you're just arguing for the sake of arguing I can do that too!!

In reality almost all pre-made or packaged foods have at least one form of mild poison in them and most crops are GMOs which in large amounts over time can wreck your body.

It's like you don't even America.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by fascism View Post
    Hey look its the guy from Reddit and mmorpg.com that really hates Archeage
    Your nick is fascism.
    You don't even know what fascism is.
    You are not even a fascist.
    You can't even spell it without googling it.
    You don't even know history.

So why you even posting since you are just another persona?

And by the way,
    how is ArcheAge the ultimate sandbox with no tricks, no traps, no trials with a sub as an option going?

And learn to differentiate between a critique towards the business model and "love/hate". I know I am asking allot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12