Should ArcheAge Lower Its Level Cap?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 18

Exclamation Should ArcheAge Lower Its Level Cap?

ENTER TO WIN THE WITCHER 3: Wild Hunt!
    https://gleam.io/v7uwf/free-giveaway...r-3-wild-hunt-
    FACEBOOK: http://facebook.com/LUGOentertainment
    TWITTER: http://twitter.com/ZachSharpes

In this topic video, I discuss ArcheAges level cap. Many have mentioned leveling in this game is monotonous, but what could they do to fix it? We discuss whether or not Arche Age should lower its level cap to fix this issue!

Thanks for watching!
    Zach Sharpes

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 17

It really doesn't take that long to reach 50, even though it's quite boring. They should introduce more interesting quests though, that's for sure. Maybe more quests focused on the sandbox part like trading and crafting that give high xp returns?

Cloud's Hair Spray Reputation: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    It really doesn't take that long to reach 50, even though it's quite boring. They should introduce more interesting quests though, that's for sure. Maybe more quests focused on the sandbox part like trading and crafting that give high xp returns?
    See that I would be fine with, but right now its literally meaningless to level. You gain nothing from it but XP and I guess gear, but that can be crafted or bought.

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

I don't really think the level cap should be lowered. I do think the grind should be lessened, though. However, I do not see how this can be accomplished in a timely matter. There would have to be massive delays, or it would have to happen weeks or months after the current fans of the game have already manually reached level 55.

That all being said, it will take you less than a month to reach max level while playing casually, a week or three if you're playing hardcore. And the line between 40-50 is kinda blurry until everyone begins to get "end game" gear.

Also, the "leveling is pointless" argument can be applied to any and every MMO that makes you level up (either an overall level or individual skills). The whole point of it is to slow you down and make you play the game longer while giving you a sense of progression. It's also there to provide a difference between newbies and veterans - to give a representation of your effort and time put into the game.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 07-31-2014 at 08:09 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 17

Honestly, I'm sceptical about any suggestions we (the West) will have for ArcheAge. I really doubt Trion will have any major impact on XLGames' decision on the future of ArcheAge and this is my biggest concern. Sure they can get a tweak or two here and there, but that's really nothing compared to developing your own game.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 10

I personally think it's too easy to hit max level. I'm not too much of an endgame kind of guy so I like to spend a lot of time progressing through the levels. Ya know that whole journey>destination thing.
    Just a friendly reminder to never ever play a game published by PWE(Perfect World Entertainment)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 256

Quote Originally Posted by yuniuninuniun View Post
    I personally think it's too easy to hit max level. I'm not too much of an endgame kind of guy so I like to spend a lot of time progressing through the levels. Ya know that whole journey>destination thing.
    except there's no destination in archeage, it's not like treadmill themeparks where you just race to upgrade gear (though high-end gear is pretty op.. though atleast it's really ****ing stupid hard to make).

thank u for those kind words
    Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Game List Master Reputation: 165

Quote Originally Posted by ZSharpes View Post
    See that I would be fine with, but right now its literally meaningless to level. You gain nothing from it but XP and I guess gear, but that can be crafted or bought.
    I tried the game earlier (level 6 so far) and feel like I was missing out on doing a lot of the quests as they take me far away.Some people prefer to get gear through questing/killing over crafting/buying personally I do. Also I prefer questing over straight grinding. In terms of the level cap I think 30 would just seem a bit throw away. I hated how low the level cap was in Guild Wars 1 you could just skip out on the whole game and go straight to pvp which was a joke all that hard work on development of a game wasted. I feel this game is so big that it would be pretty difficult to lower the cap I would rather see it in increase and make quests more enjoyable. Although I never really got bored in my playtime it has so much depth to it. The only thing that bothered me is when I went to chat with an npc the chat was already scrolled down to the bottom. I would have to scroll to the top then scroll down again to read it all and to scroll down my mouse had to be hovered over it or you click and drag down.

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 20

i remember games where max lvl was between 100-200. Took quite long ot get max lvl the regular way (and most of these games had very few quests).
    Just shows how demanding and lazy people have gotten

Snakes Big Toe Reputation: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    dude you dont even need quest to lvl MOMMY I NEED YOUR HAND damn people are lazy dont even try to learn the game
    Albion Online

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast