Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Quest finally enters Open Beta (available on steam also)

Roon's Rogue Reputation: 117

Has forced open world pvp in some areas. These areas won't even tell you that when you enter them. I won't touch it regardless.

Only plays Magic DPS Classes, Healers and Machinist/Engineers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Balmung)
    Waiting On: FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior, RE:FFVII · Saving For: New Computer

Luigi’s Pizza Reputation: 10

This game reminds me of Ragnarok Online 1 but looks like a mix of Ragnarok Online 1 and Ragnarok Online 2 (the 2nd version). Daddy like. I haven't played any MMOs religiously since PSO, Ragnarok Online, Ragnarok Online 2, Monster Hunter series, PSUniverse, and PSO2. This one looks fun. And I LOVE that there's no WASD. WASD and tab selecting kill an MMO for me. Thank god this game doesn't have it.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Has forced open world pvp in some areas. These areas won't even tell you that when you enter them. I won't touch it regardless.
    what are you talking about? The only areas are "arenas" and they're optional though its the only way to get that "reputation" (the blue energy thingys) which mind you can find those items off bad guys. (then again I've not gotten past early 20's and I haven't been attacked yet.)
    Last edited by TobyBathory; 08-05-2014 at 03:46 PM.
    Quoted from Kashis
    "I have a penis, I don't need to play as a guy to be reminded of that."

Every time you promote a crap browser game...I die a little inside.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 23

Just tried the game lvled to lvl 10. I really like it so far, the visuals are surprisingly well done, I can say the game can look really pretty, especially the environments. Even thou I kinda miss WASD I'm getting used to click movement

Will play more tomorrow, really eager to try PvP.

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 23

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    The graphics kinda suck though
    I kind of prefer this type of graphics.

I'm trying the game out. I'm a sucker for any game that allows you to distribute stats. The talent system seems kind of interesting too.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 33

Man how disappointing! I was looking forward to this game, but shame on me as I should of known better.

The p2w... I quit.

Forum PvPer Reputation: 383

installed it this morning, never played it due to the "reviews" i read here

Man, I have such mixed feelings about this game. I guess it's not THAT pay-to-win I guess... I keep going back to it.

I played RO for a LONG time and this game gives me such nostalgia. The RO vibes are palpable.

Quote Originally Posted by Geffreyy View Post
    The RO vibes are palpable.
    Is this RO?

Shadowsworn's Sandwich Reputation: 22

Which server should someone from SEA join for better latency?

^Don't know.

I'm upto lvl 20 now and did the Job Change quest to Dark Knight earlier today (which was incredibly difficult).

The game looks amazing to me. I love the art style. I admit it's not for everyone but the art style and the feel of the game fascinates me as an old school mmo fan. There are many nods to both Ragnarok online and Final Fantasy. I can ride PecoPecos again! The Dark Knight class retains the feel of Dark knight from Final Fantasy (harming self to gain more damage). While I haven't played any of the other classes, based on the skill and talent descriptions I can see that the feeling of the classes are preserved. Thiefs can steal, Warlocks can crit with DoT and so forth. Furthermore, you can build your class how you want. As a Warlock for instance, you can choose to focus on DoTs, it's a possibility but not a necessity. I love that there are so many meaningful options available based on talent choices and stat distribution choices.

I definitely like this game way more than the catastrophic pile of poop that was Ragnarok Online 2.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 11-03-2014 at 04:51 AM.

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 22

So how is this game for soloing? Also, from what I've read, the game is basically focused entirely on PvP the farther along you go. How accurate is this? I've read conflicting stories. One one hand it seems you can avoid the PvP areas entirely, on the other I've read you get forced into it? Which is it?

I haven't gone to the PvP areas, but from what I've read the pvP areas give more exp and loot, but you don't acquire the loot and exp until you leave the PvP area without dying. If you die in there all the exp/loot you got while in there are lost.

Ofcourse there are similar leveled non-PvP areas with lower exp/loot rates.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 11-03-2014 at 06:07 AM.

It's too bad it uses click to move....

🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580

I like it because of that , i love top down action rpg's . As long as its not turn based .

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    It's too bad it uses click to move....
    Agreed, WASD would have benefitted this game a lot. At first I kept occasionally pressing WASD to move out of reflex. But, you get used to it.

You can click and hold to move to the mouse. You can also bring up the world map and click on a spot to move there.

Agreed, WASD would have benefitted this game a lot. At first I kept occasionally pressing WASD to move out of reflex. But, you get used to it.

You can click and hold to move to the mouse. You can also bring up the world map and click on a spot to move there.
    So kinda like Angels Online?

Haven't played angels online.

I found out that just like in RO every mob in the game has a unique card associated with it that has a very low chance of dropping. I found one praying mantis card after killing 100s of praying mantises.

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 76

Geffreyy how active is this game? I just started as a warrior and ive only seen maybe 3 other people? is active in the other parts or am i playing a dead game?
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Rest in peace mum we shall meet again one day. For now i know that you are watching me.

Be caring and show care to each other. To love an enemy will one day touch his heart.
    The shadowy figures still watch me. Mock me and torment me. With there blank stares i wonder who they are. And what they want with me.

It's fairly active. I haven't seen many people in the 1~10 zone because: 1.) the 1~10 zones are divided by class. Each class has a different starting area. 2) You lvl to 10 quite fast. I see a lot of people in main city.

It's fairly active. I haven't seen many people in the 1~10 zone because: 1.) the 1~10 zones are divided by class. Each class has a different starting area. 2) You lvl to 10 quite fast. I see a lot of people in main city.
    thanks man im now level 20 dark knight and yea i see a ton of people now.

whats your in game name?

My Dark Knight is Gweff.

My Warlock is Gyeff.

I started a new Warlock yesterday took me like 1~2 hours to get to lvl 20! Freaking easy mode. Warrior took me like x100 that amount of time to lvl to 20.

Mages are so OP in PvE. Everything like 2 lvls higher than me die in 1 hit. Plus flame wall and it's knockback means that mobs are never able to reach you. Warriors have to tank everything

Mages don't even have to worry about mana because they have a skill that gives back mana in exchange for their concentration stacks. Kind of ridiculous considering Warriors can't even spam abilities due to energy costs. On top of this the mage self heal means they never have to buy food.

Still I think DK is more fun.

Incase you didn't know, if you put down a Banner of Darkness and then use inspiration your attack speed is increased by 20%. On the other hand without the Banner Inspiration only gives 10% attack speed. The descriptions are kind of odd so i had to figure this out myself. You don't have to be in range of the banner (or the range is really high), just put the banner down in a safe spot and go enjoy your +10% additional attack speed.

EDIT: Nevermind, the additional attack speed boost occurs if you cast inspiration in front of the banner. But, the higher speed stays if you go away from the banner and still have the inspiration buff up. So when you reapply Inspiration make sure you are near a banner.
    Last edited by Geffreyy; 11-04-2014 at 11:25 PM.

My Dark Knight is Gweff.

My Warlock is Gyeff.

I started a new Warlock yesterday took me like 1~2 hours to get to lvl 20! Freaking easy mode. Warrior took me like x100 that amount of time to lvl to 20.

Mages are so OP in PvE. Everything like 2 lvls higher than me die in 1 hit. Plus flame wall and it's knockback means that mobs are never able to reach you. Warriors have to tank everything

Mages don't even have to worry about mana because they have a skill that gives back mana in exchange for their concentration stacks. Kind of ridiculous considering Warriors can't even spam abilities due to energy costs. On top of this the mage self heal means they never have to buy food.

Still I think DK is more fun.

Incase you didn't know, if you put down a Banner of Darkness and then use inspiration your attack speed is increased by 20%. On the other hand without the Banner Inspiration only gives 10% attack speed. The descriptions are kind of odd so i had to figure this out myself. You don't have to be in range of the banner (or the range is really high), just put the banner down in a safe spot and go enjoy your +10% additional attack speed.

EDIT: Nevermind, the additional attack speed boost occurs if you cast inspiration in front of the banner. But, the higher speed stays if you go away from the banner and still have the inspiration buff up. So when you reapply Inspiration make sure you are near a banner.
    how do i pm you and to add you to the friends list?

Im on my alt now just made her RavensCall is her name shoot me a pm ill be on for a couple more hours before i lay down

Lives in City of Zeroes Reputation: 22

So how is soloing in this game? Any class recommendations for it?

Also, I still seem to be reading a lot of conflicting stuff about PvP. It's like everything in PvP can be obtained without PvP but at a slower rate, but the whole game focuses on PvP so you must PvP, and yet you don't have to? What's going on exactly?