Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Quest finally enters Open Beta (available on steam also)

Game List Master Reputation: 239

Default Royal Quest finally enters Open Beta (available on steam also)

We're very happy to finally announce the release time!

The Steam Store page for Royal Quest will go live at 9 AM PST, and here's what you need to know before you start playing:

Royal Quest will be free to play starting from August 2014, and you will only need an active Steam account to download and launch the game.

For the first week of August only players who purchase any DLC pack will be able to play the game.

Your Steam account can be used to play on US and EU servers, but you will be assigned a region automatically based on your location. Please refer to our FAQ for more information on regions.

You don't have to register on the website to play the game, but after the Open Beta starts you will have to create and level any character up to level 5 to post comments on the website or to make new threads on forums.

If you have any problems accessing the game or the website, please read our FAQ, or submit a ticket, we're always here to help.

Update: The 'Play' button on the Steam Store page is fixed. If you bought one of the two DLC packs available you can now launch the client and download the game.

We're still working on bringing back online all 3 servers for each region.

http://eu.royalquest.com/

🐼 Panda Moderator 🐼 Reputation: 580

Oh wow , ive seriously lost all hope of this coming in english since 2011 . Thanks for posting this .

No problem , I hope it was worth the wait let us know how it is.

well ... i cant since i dint buy any dlc ... will wait till the early access is over ...

Oh I didn't see that part that is a bit stupid that you can't try it out before buying the DLC.....

They charge quite a lot for just one DLC ... 35 => 45€

Not very smart developers lol

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 162

Hmmm sounds interesting enough, provided there's not an IP block for NA I'll give it a shot.(when possible)

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

Only way to get into the game on the 31st is to purchase 1 of these DLC? is it NA ip blocked or no? looks interesting even tho i dont really know what exactly the concept is

Retract last statement i put up :P am downloading it now but had to use IE or FF to get it to start installing, Chrome fails with this ^___^ will update in a bit
    Last edited by honed; 07-31-2014 at 09:28 PM.

General Manager Reputation: 526

Wow this was one of the first profiles I made at OnRPG. And they're still using the same trailer.
    Id rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

Fat Bowser Reputation: 10

the download that Kev1n provide did work and i did start playing the game during its "early access" so if any was interested in downloading off that link it should work n let u play ^___^

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 235

Christ, how many years has it been since I've seen this game. I don't even think it would be worth playing for that long, guess I'll give it a go.

- - - Updated - - -

Christ, how many years has it been since I've seen this game. I don't even think it would be worth playing for that long, guess I'll give it a go.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 14

anyone seen the reviews on steam? not a single good one, lol.
    Currently playing :Grand Fantasia(yet again...)

IGN: Neclord

Rock Man Reputation: 19

Played for like 10 min... The inventory space is smaller then in any game i have seen.
    The game got a upgrade system +1 +2 +3 etc. and you get something from the cashshop so the items dont break...
    Overall i am pretty sure it will be pay2win and the gameplay itself isnt great.

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Bad as hell, : )

Hoshigami Reputation: 427

It's alright. Needs some WASD though.
    Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

"Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Game is actually pretty fun and really reminds me of RO. I'm not one that needs a game to do new things to be fun though. Inventory is definitely small, and while having it separated to keep stuff organised is nice, one giant bag would've been better since some fill up much faster.

It does look p2w at first. But you commonly find this item for upgrading that removes the chance for breaking (but adds that to the delvl chance. So, if it was 2% to break and 48% to delvl, it is now 0% break and 50% to delvl). Not sure on the other "upgrade" mechanic, imbuing. Once you do it the first time you need a different item to try again. Not sure if you can get it without paying. That said, looks like you can buy a lot of the cash shop stuff with ingame currency but requires turning in monster cards (haven't found one yet) or doing castle dungeons (similar to WoE I think).

So, if you don't mind what's basically a RO clone with some added mechanics and less classes. It's a pretty decent game (as of being lvl 30 so far).

IGN Viconia if anyone needs help or tips.
    Last edited by Aigis; 08-03-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Aigis View Post
    Game is actually pretty fun and really reminds me of RO. I'm not one that needs a game to do new things to be fun though. Inventory is definitely small, and while having it separated to keep stuff organised is nice, one giant bag would've been better since some fill up much faster.

It does look p2w at first. But you commonly find this item for upgrading that removes the chance for breaking (but adds that to the delvl chance. So, if it was 2% to break and 48% to delvl, it is now 0% break and 50% to delvl). Not sure on the other "upgrade" mechanic, imbuing. Once you do it the first time you need a different item to try again. Not sure if you can get it without paying. That said, looks like you can buy a lot of the cash shop stuff with ingame currency but requires turning in monster cards (haven't found one yet) or doing castle dungeons (similar to WoE I think).

So, if you don't mind what's basically a RO clone with some added mechanics and less classes. It's a pretty decent game (as of being lvl 30 so far).

IGN Viconia if anyone needs help or tips.
    I got a chance to play it myself. It's not bad. It also reminds me of RO right down to the main city. If you look its kinda the same lay out sorta and the rideables..yeah... they kinda copied RO lol.
    Quoted from Kashis
    "I have a penis, I don't need to play as a guy to be reminded of that."

Every time you promote a crap browser game...I die a little inside.

For people who want to play NOW and dont want to pay: http://steamdb.info/app/295550/ Hit the install button afterwards. + rep plox

HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 24

-Obviously a Pay to win game, even the cosmetics give you +5% hp or +5% stamina, and those are just items ON TOP of your actual equipment. I have also not received a regular mount 20 levels into the game, so paying is your only option to get a mount as far as I can see.

also mounts need food. which is again, only bought in cash shops... if your mount is hungry, you lose the stats and movespeed drops to 20%.... lol

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 480

The graphics kinda suck though

got to level 28. Game is one of the biggest grindfest I've ever played in my life. You eventually run out of quests and leveling anywhere BUT PvP zones is pretty much out of the question. It will take me about 2 hrs to go from 28-29 pure grinding AND 50% exp boost and double that if I grind outside pvp zone. in PvP mages are extreeeeemely broken, any other class gets rocked by mages easy. I was beating level 29 warriors when I was level 20, easily. Overall just another one of your typical low budget korean MMO grindfest. you can't even TAB monsters, lol.
    Last edited by Mario87; 08-04-2014 at 09:54 PM.