Archeage the next Allods/Swtor F2p

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Free accounts will be able to unlock full Auction House access as a low-cost Marketplace purchase, a measure in place to protect the in-game economy from mass-created accounts.
    via: http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/...-program-apex/

I see no issue with this. They went out of their way to mention the cost being low so I expect 5 bucks or lower.

Not to mention the cash shop items aren't even finalized yet as they mentioned working on them after feedback.
    Last edited by Airsyk; 08-01-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Ride emí Yoshi Reputation: 16

Quote Originally Posted by Airsyk View Post
    Free accounts will be able to unlock full Auction House access as a low-cost Marketplace purchase, a measure in place to protect the in-game economy from mass-created accounts.
    via: http://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/...-program-apex/

I see no issue with this. They went out of their way to mention the cost being low so I expect 5 bucks or lower.

Not to mention the cash shop items aren't even finalized yet as they mentioned working on them after feedback.
    Yeah but the labor points is still going to limit plenty of endgame stuff.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 31

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrias View Post
    Yeah but the labor points is still going to limit plenty of endgame stuff.
    Well yea. I'm not optimistic about it but they did say they were going to work on it. I just think everyone should hold off until the prices are final in some way.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

seriously if you want to play this hardcore ... just pay for it.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    seriously if you want to play this hardcore ... just pay for it.
    this.
    if you intend to really play archeage, you need a subscription because labor points dictate a lot of what you can and can't do.
    and it's worth it, anyway. pre 1.0 is one of the best mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Eriond's Egotist Reputation: 5

Currently level 24. Done a moderate amount of crafting, working on my house and farm. I can dedicate about 2-3 hours a day playing, more sometimes. Brutally honest but, As long as you have a life outside the game, labor shouldn't be an issue. Patrons regen labor offline. If you really enjoy the game that much, then become a patron. Easy as that. As a patron I've never had issues with my labor. Not seeing the fuss. I see the f2p part of the game as a trial version. To get the full experience you need to pay.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

Quote Originally Posted by Mxerdude View Post
    Currently level 24. Done a moderate amount of crafting, working on my house and farm. I can dedicate about 2-3 hours a day playing, more sometimes. Brutally honest but, As long as you have a life outside the game, labor shouldn't be an issue. Patrons regen labor offline. If you really enjoy the game that much, then become a patron. Easy as that. As a patron I've never had issues with my labor. Not seeing the fuss. I see the f2p part of the game as a trial version. To get the full experience you need to pay.
    dont get to into it because its CB ...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

I don't mind the current system. It's basically the same as in Russia (minus the auction house restrictions, I believe) and a majority of players were fine with it. Keep in mind that for every person that complains, there are a hundred satisfied people who simply have chosen to keep their mouths shut. Generally, the only times you want to go out of your way to communicate (IE go on forums and reply to feedback/complaint threads) is when you have complaints of your own, or when you're a hyper-hyped fanboy.

That all being said, if you're in ArcheAge, feel free to come join Amitabha. We're growing in numbers. Currently have about 15 active players in the beta. I want to get another 10-15 active players before launch. Perhaps a bit more so we can have at least 15 or so people online at any one time.

Our ArcheAge forum recruitment post has more information about us and our goals in the game.

We're playing fairly laid-back in the beta (For the obvious reason of not wanting to burn ourselves out), but we are testing out various strategies while we play.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

What about the possibility of high end gear being in the cash shop, like in Rift. I'd like to know opinions. I will be a patron but i'm just worried about the future of the game. Sorry if i sounded a bit like a typical complainer. I just wanted to see legit opinions about the game since on the offical Archeage forums, its mostly patrons calling f2p players useless cheapos. And to tihi85, Allods lost most its players after the cash shop transition when it released. Allods is arguedly one of the best if not the best quality mmorpg which came out f2p from the start. Archeage is another very good mmorpg that will be f2p from release but i really hope Trion doesn't **** up like Gpotato.

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 24

Apoca whats ur ign? or add me to friend, my ign; Lag

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast