Archeage the next Allods/Swtor F2p

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

Quote Originally Posted by Enyaw View Post
    What about the possibility of high end gear being in the cash shop, like in Rift. I'd like to know opinions. I will be a patron but i'm just worried about the future of the game. Sorry if i sounded a bit like a typical complainer. I just wanted to see legit opinions about the game since on the offical Archeage forums, its mostly patrons calling f2p players useless cheapos. And to tihi85, Allods lost most its players after the cash shop transition when it released. Allods is arguedly one of the best if not the best quality mmorpg which came out f2p from the start. Archeage is another very good mmorpg that will be f2p from release but i really hope Trion doesn't **** up like Gpotato.

Archeage ... it should have just went full p2p really because the freemium restrictions are stupid.
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 24

b2p + cosmetic like gw2 wouldve been really good, and buffs etc.
    they already have quite a few costume in cashop?
    sell ship costumes too lol cause u can mod them soon in next patch?
    so many way for them to urn reel mone

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 88

Yep. I remember the ol' days of gaming when we got 5 minute demos of games on CD and had to judge whether we wanted to but it based on that. Hell, I remember buying DOZENS of NES games based on box art alone.

This system that allows a MASSIVE amount of access for an UNLIMITED amount of time is no where near as good!(end sarcasm)

I played the RU version extensively. Trust me when I say, You REEEEEALLY want the AH restriction.
    Within two months bots had taken over the market and everything but the rarest of items had become worthless.

Ultimately, it's a good system which looks to place Trion's as the best version of ArcheAge to be released so far.

I could go on and rant about how cheap the game's premium services actually are and that a month of access it's cheaper than a meal at 2-Star restaurant. However, I feel that it would be lost on those who feel the need to complain about having to pay for entertainment. If you don't like it amuse yourself freely and f*** off while the rest of us pay a great price for a great service.

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Quote Originally Posted by Skarcrow View Post
    Apoca whats ur ign? or add me to friend, my ign; Lag
    Apocalpha is my current ign.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 42

I don't mind paying a small one time fee for AH but the fact that they will get offline labor points equivalent to that of free account online labor points is ridiculous. labor points are integral to the game and limiting it so much in free accounts is horrible. I hope there are ways around it.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 288

Quote Originally Posted by cell59 View Post
    I don't mind paying a small one time fee for AH but the fact that they will get offline labor points equivalent to that of free account online labor points is ridiculous. labor points are integral to the game and limiting it so much in free accounts is horrible. I hope there are ways around it.
    there are labor pots that you can purchase from players/cash shop.

Quote Originally Posted by plotto View Post
    ps @varon: its called grammatical errors. so far as i can c, u have no clue about gamer language.

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    there are labor pots that you can purchase from players/cash shop.
    I saw that but it has a 12 hour cooldown if I remember correctly and those will cost a hefty amount since every f2p player will need to buy that pretty much.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 19

Well at the currrent rate its 12g for a labor potion so basically 3 trade runs.

They have been more genorous with the amount of gold received from them i only went across 2 maps and it netted me 5g+.

Noble and true, you are the hero other heroes aspire to be. You are a natural leader, selfless and kind, who will put the lives of others above your own, and are steadfast in your pursuit of justice.
    Take the quiz!

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

If the bot problem is that big, the $5 auction restriction will be useless if its to prevent bots.

Quote Originally Posted by loksie View Post
    Well at the currrent rate its 12g for a labor potion so basically 3 trade runs.

They have been more genorous with the amount of gold received from them i only went across 2 maps and it netted me 5g+.
    I am only lvl 13 so I have not experienced anything yet, BUT I expect the prices to skyrocket once OB starts and mass amounts of people start needing it. I mean in all honesty it could go either way (debilitate f2p players indefinitely or become fair)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enyaw View Post
    If the bot problem is that big, the $5 auction restriction will be useless if its to prevent bots.
    They may say it is for bots but in all honesty they are clearly motivated by $$$ and I don't blame them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast