What parts of favorite games do you despise, or otherwise not enjoy?

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Default What parts of favorite games do you despise, or otherwise not enjoy?

Currently replaying SO3:Til the End of Time and just got to the Urssa lava caves.
    Wow, I totally forgot how shitty these enemies are.
    Like unless you go grind drakes for a year you HAVE to run away(currently level 29) cause only ice damage does well, and even then you won't get past their huge armor stats.

Like thankfully you can run away from all the basic enemies but it's none the less so strange that neighboring areas that you're supposed to go through one after the other would have such a power spike so suddenly.

not the worst case of "oh god, not this part..." but yeah.

Samus' Girdle Reputation: 10

For me, it's gotta be chapter 4 of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. For those of you who haven't played it, basically:
    1. You're stuck in the area until you complete the Chapter after a certain point. Not bad on its own, but then you get to the next point.
    2. After said certain point, you're locked out from your party members until you beat the chapter. You get a new party member after you get back to town, but she only has one actual attack, and odds are, she won't be as good as your other upgraded party members. She ets better after you upgrade her, but you have to go back to the main town in order to do so, which, as mentioned earlier, you can't do.
    3. You have to go back and forth between and town and the mansion in the woods 3 TIMES. This is what makes the chapter so frustrating. It's not so bad during the first trip since you still have your party, but on the first return trip and all the trips after that, you gotta do it without your regular party. For one thing, it's a LONG walk. You don't even have Yoshi to help cover more ground. Second, the enemies (specifically the beetles) are annoying, so either have to avoid them or fight through them with either by yourself or with a weak party member.

Possible runner ups for similarly annoying levels include the Sky Pillar from the G3 Pokemon games (I loath having to go through that again when Omega Ruby comes out), the Marsh Cave from FFI, any water level from the Sonic games, and the entire first part of SMTIV.

Super Moderator Reputation: 284
    Coloring eggs in the lost city of Atlantis.

Near the end of God of War 1, when you have to climb those big rotating spike pillars to get out of Hades. Almost broke my controller.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 126

The final boss of Shadow of the Colossus. Battle is too long and if you fall down or die you have to start all over. Otherwise loved that game.

My favorite game of all times is SaGaFrontier, but I hate the swamp section where every monster is a whole rank harder than usually and I really hate the battle against the ring lord who is invincible and you need to show him cool combos to impress him.

Also those green MP sucking fields in the Shining in the Darkness. Sure it's quite exciting to actually dare walk on them to see if there is some interesting section behind, but they cause you to having to escape the dungeon frequently and walking back each time is not so fun.

The encounter rate in Beyond the Beyond, especially in the bigger dungeons towards the end. And the hidden holes that cause you to having to walk the same path again a lot. I love everything else about that game.

And as we are in an MMORPG forum, my favorite MMORPG of all times is Ragnarok Online pre-renewal, but I really hated Anubis who gives way too much Exp (and ruins partying) and the New World where all monsters can one-hit kill you.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    Near the end of God of War 1, when you have to climb those big rotating spike pillars to get out of Hades. Almost broke my controller.
    I had totally forgotten about that part, now I remember. I don't want to remember though ;-;

Also another one I remembered was the Fog of war chapter (6 I think?) in FE:Sacred stones. Over-all the easiest of the GBA FE games but god damn that level is a pain if your levels ups have been sub-par(or if you're half way through it and a 2% crit hits you)

Also the forest planet in KotoR, I simply dislike it a lot =|

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 30

1: Any game with long, unskippable cutscenes.

2: Rubberband AI in racing games

Currently Playing: Achaea

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Quest 64 - Cull Hazzard

Rusty Bucket Bay in Banjo Kazooie

Skies of Arcadia - Trying to fly to Ixa' Taka for the first time

Castlevania - Order of Ecclesia: LV 1 cap - Ruvas Forest

Sword of Mana - black enemy grind
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis