Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: love doesn't exist in Japan.

Sandman's Slave Reputation: 480

Default love doesn't exist in Japan.

And now I understand anime.

http://m.vice.com/en_ca/the-vice-gui...-love-industry *some parts are nsfw*

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422

if people actually think that this is only in japan ... i might aswell laugh at you all.

Work wins over love in any country because MONEY is the only thing that keeps you alive and dont tell me some bullshit that love can win over anything ... even 7 year old knows that money makes the world turn ...

And yes most of the people run to virtual reality because this is the generation we live in ... We work , we game or use pc in the evenings and repeat that and on some occasions we go out ...

Now imagine this we work this much nowadays and think about how much our children will need to work and their children as the world progresses we forget about things like love and we think only on how to survive...

If its not true then you still live in your dream world...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Phantom's Freak Reputation: 83

These two articles regarding marriage in Japan are quite interesting.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/n...intless-survey

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/.../#.U98ucPldVfA

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317

So boyfriends are a hassle, but nothing in the video says anything about harems TIME TO MOVE!

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    So boyfriends are a hassle, but nothing in the video says anything about harems TIME TO MOVE!
    the law says something about harems.

Heads or Tails Reputation: 30

interesting. I have a friend who lives in Japan, he likes to post pics of him snowboarding with his japanese gf

edit: thats not a euphemism for a sex act

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    the law says something about harems.
    It's only against the law if you get caught! basics, poeti, basics.

It's only against the law if you get caught! basics, poeti, basics.
    well you told me so most likely you will get caught because of me being jelly ...

Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    was a good game ...

Forum PvPer Reputation: 629

I need the job that guy does as a host..800 grand a year just pretending to romance women aww man

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/vbs-t...s-of-kabukicho

The real high-end ones though, are the places where they have Westerners as companions. There you've just got Western girls doing the same thing: pouring drinks, laughing at jokes. The thing is, most of them don't speak Japanese and none of the guys speak their language, so nobody understands each other. They're basically paying $5,000 to have a white girl pour them drinks.

Men of onrpg. We must unite and all travel to Japan. Not for women, not for affection, but rather to seek riches.

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    Men of onrpg. We must unite and all travel to Japan. Not for women, not for affection, but rather to seek riches.
    like 90% of onrpg wouldn't work. You need to be atleast semi-goodlooking

General Manager Reputation: 559

You'll need those riches to deal with the cost of living by the high end establishments.
    I’d rather risk confusing some people than disappointing them. - Mark Jacobs

Girls dont even look up [anymore], I feel like they're brainless zombies controlled by their iphones. - Abhorsen

Follow my writing team at OnRPG.

Currently Playing: SMITE, Battleborn, Herowarz, Pokemon Go
    History: Stardew Valley, Blade & Soul, Elsword, Dragon Ball Xenoverse FFXIV, Lost Saga, Prime World, Path of Exile, League of Legends, Wizardry Online, The Secret World, TERA, Planetside 2, C9, Dragon Nest, Forsaken World, Dungeon Defenders, Realm of the Titans, Eden Eternal, Vindictus, Champions Online, PockieNinja, Black Prophecy, Warhammer, Perfect World, Maplestory, Guild Wars, Anarchy Online, Ragnarok.

Support Pancreatic Cancer Research

like 90% of onrpg wouldn't work. You need to be atleast semi-goodlooking
    well if you lost few pounds you would look quite nice ... i would say not that round anymore ... but i guess its ok for hamsters

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 416

real men have curves

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 372

Sensationalizing ftw.

The west love to view Japan as this oddity, and cash in on writing "news" about stuff that seems out of the ordinary only if you have on your occidentalist sun-shades.

Yes, Japan has a thriving sex/emotional gratification for money culture. Yes, Japan has a huge elderly population and a small population of young people and young people interested in having children. Big deal? No. Odd? No.

It has a thriving sex/emotional gratification for money culture because it doesn't have some bogus sexually repressive religious system bogging down the public discourse on sex (as much as the west. Still not perfect though. I'm still missing more rights and understanding for sex workers), and it has low percentage of reproduction because rich and educated people don't generally have kids all that often. That's the same across the board.
    It's true for countries like Norway too. The only difference is that Norway has loads of immigrants who make enough babies to compensate for the poor performance of ethnic Norwegians (don't take that statement to mean something racist, I'm not negative to immigrants coming to Norway and having babies.)

Here's some additional breakdown for people's consideration:

There is nothing wrong with a sex/emotional gratification for money culture, and any country that has such a culture will experience changes in people's choices on how they spend time with the opposite gender in terms of relationships.

Why? Because love is a farce. Love doesn't exist. It's a term we invented to romanticize the ultimately unromantic chemical process of attraction that's reinforced over time by the development of co-dependency much in a similar way as that of the Stockholm syndrome.

The only reason we've glorified love and monogamous relationships up until this point is because we've lived in in an environment where humans would die out of we didn't have the core family I.E we didn't have any other realistic option most of the time.

Humans are not rational, they are rationalizing.
    It's not that love is great, therefore we seek love. It's that we end up with something, and we call that something "love" and rationalize how it is great because if we didn't, we'd have to face the reality that our lives might not be so great after all, and that we really didn't have all that much of a say in how it turned out.

If, 40.000 years ago, self-interest and sexual desire won out, then we wouldn't be here today. Women would get pregnant, and then men would run off, and leave the woman and child alone to die, so they could have sex with more women.
    The core family unit essentially only existed to protect our species progression in a cold and hostile environment, and love is the cult that let us rationalize a social unit that in most ways leaves a lot to be desired in an environment that no longer requires us to live in that unit anymore I.E the modern western civilization.

Only the people able to cope with having to see the same face every day for the rest of their lives despite how much that might otherwise impact the individual's dreams and desires, and overlook the incessant screaming and nagging of an infant child, would be able to pass on their genes.

Today, it's a different story. We have money, we have means, we have technology, and best/worst of all depending on how you look at it, we can have sex without making children.
    We don't need to be with the same person for the rest of our lives, and we discharge our evolutionary baggage of poorly controlled sexual urges without having to risk our lives or that of a potential child.
    Once that fact kicks in, relationships die.

A human being who realizes that they can get everything they want out of life, without risk, and without having to tolerate other people limiting our freedoms, do away with relationships beyond friendship, family, and the purely sexual pretty much straight away.

If you can have all the friends you want, have sex, choose for yourself how to spend your time, do the stuff you want to do, and never pretend for anyone in regards to anything, then what possible need could you have for a "relationship" as in being someones "exclusive partner"?

The term grows meaningless.

People who don't get that - enjoy your time in "happy relationships" that really just revolve around endless boundary setting, compromises, and emotional baggage, while pretending that whatever emotional benefits you do get out of it, couldn't be attained easily by some other means.

I'd rather spend my entire life hanging out with friends, drinking, making music, watching movies, reading books, creative writing, making digital design, gaming, playing instruments, doing martial arts, and having casual sex once in a while (my current life), than be in a relationship which would require me to give up even a fraction of the time I spend at the things I just listed. The same is true for most Japanese people my age. The don't see the point, because there isn't one.
    Last edited by hian; 08-05-2014 at 04:07 PM.
    The Common Sense United Front
    ZAZAZAZAAAA, DADADADAAAA DAAAA, SHWAMSHWAMSHWAMMMM DUUUU DIIIII DAAAAAAAAAA

i don't think there's anything wrong with it. if anything, i think it's too bad that western social norms heavily pressure people to have kids. kids are annoying and expensive. i didn't like kids even when i was a kid.

i was just pointing out that i think it's a bit funny that white girls who don't even speak japanese are apparently at the high end of the hostess market.
    Last edited by postrook; 08-05-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by postrook View Post
    i don't think there's anything wrong with it. if anything, i think it's too bad that western social norms heavily pressure people to have kids. kids are annoying and expensive. i didn't like kids even when i was a kid.

i was just pointing out that i think it's a bit funny that white girls who don't even speak japanese are apparently at the high end of the hostess market.
    Good on you. Some people, sadly, do think there is something wrong with it. In Norway, the "make more children" mentality is steadily gaining way. Most people don't seem to realize that the reason society and governments advocate this is because they view people as a unit in an equation. Old people cost money. New people pay for that cost. If there are no new people, the old people can't live comfortably on the fruits of young labor. It's not out of concern for the health and mental well-being of young people.
    After all, more and more research seems to indicate that economically stable, well-educated people are more happy when they're not in monogamous relationships or have children.

As for hostesses -
    It's an exaggeration. The most expensive hostesses are, and probably always will be, Japanese. Western Hostesses are still a minority in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by hian View Post
    Most people don't seem to realize that the reason society and governments advocate this is because they view people as a unit in an equation. Old people cost money. New people pay for that cost. If there are no new people, the old people can't live comfortably on the fruits of young labor.
    also less people = higher wages, and we can't have that

Quote Originally Posted by hian View Post
    As for hostesses -
    It's an exaggeration. The most expensive hostesses are, and probably always will be, Japanese. Western Hostesses are still a minority in the industry.
    that makes a lot more sense xd
    Last edited by postrook; 08-05-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticas View Post
    well if you lost few pounds you would look quite nice ... i would say not that round anymore ... but i guess its ok for hamsters
    Sorry to drop this on you. I'm extremely fit/athletic. Just that my face doesn't seem to want to lose the baby fat. Check my profile pic on facebook to see the difference between my head and body xD

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 176

Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    I got enough cash for the plane tickets.

We're doing this.

And for the record, I am very cute. ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    I love how your name is "Useless", and your avatar says "Canada" in it.
    LOL GET IT?

There is a host cafe in Tokyo where western guys work. Pretty easy to find it if you google it. Most of the guys who work there aren't even all that attractive.
    A lot of the host/hostesses work lies in being a mock psychologist for people who don't have the time or energy to find a person to flirt with the old fashioned way I.E it requires social skills.
    At least onrpgers are second to non when it comes to that =P