Any good solo type games (looking for something new)

  1. #1
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Any good solo type games (looking for something new)

    Any F2P mmos that are solo type games, where basically u dont need to be in a guild or join parties to do curtain dungeons ( also dont want to spend hrs to clear a dungeon). I like to socialize with other ppl ingame and pvp other ppl but hate to party with ppl. Just something about having to play with ppl bores me, I always end up quiting the game cause of it.

    - games ive played

    Elsword quit at lvl 40
    Eden Eternal quit at lvl 45
    Aura Kingdom quit at lvl 30
    Dragon Nest quit at lvl 48
    Aion quit at lvl 50
    Vindictus quit at lvl 50 (I think it was 50)
    Atlantica Online quit at lvl 145
    Maple Story quit at lvl 30

    - games ive played tht were good

    LoL
    Dungeon Fighter Online (comming back but dont know when)
    Runescape
    12 Sky 2 (shutdown)
    Atlantica Online (its a good game just cant seem to start again)
    Wonderking (shutdown)

    Theres other games Ive played but either I cant remember them or I just not worth mentioning.

  2. #2
    Power_Gamer_6's Pick Reputation: 35
    Beatrix23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,357
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Solitaire, maybe?

    I guess waiting for Dungeon Fighter Online is the only good option. Everything else is pretty bad. Or you could try Hearthstone. If you like that kind of game.
    Last edited by Beatrix23; 08-04-2014 at 12:08 PM.

  3. #3
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix23 View Post
    Solitaire, maybe?

    I guess waiting for Dungeon Fighter Online is the only good option. Everything else is pretty bad. Or you could try Hearthstone. If you like that kind of game.
    never knew u could talk with other ppl and pvp in solitaire

  4. #4
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 30
    Aktillum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    254
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    he meant Minesweeper. great solo PvP action there

    you could try Kings Road, pretty fun browser-based Diablo type game

    Currently Playing: Achaea

  5. #5
    Lockhart’s are forever Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Minus the idiots... You could go back to Runescape, with bonds it's next to impossible not to enjoy literally BUYING membership with in game gold. It just makes all the grinding for resources or money that much more rewarding. You're not going to run into the typical MMO questing either, and with so much to do you'd have to be really busy in life or not willing to play a good game in order to pass runescape up. It is definitely worth grinding the money on f2p servers and then buying a bond, getting 14 days of membership, and then money becomes even easier, I would personally focus some membership time on making money just to get more bonds to extend the time, but all in all, it has almost every single generic mmo released to date beat in the dirt.

  6. #6
    Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 44
    firemonk98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    246
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Why grind for bonds when membership is only 7/8$ a month? Even if you're a 14 year old kid getting an allowance for taking out the trash, you could pay for 3 months of membership with 1 week of allowance. Only reason to purchase bonds to pay for membership is if you're rich in game and money isn't an issue. Don't make the game more of a nuisance than fun or you won't enjoy it fully. Other than that, I agree with you. Runescape is hands down the best MMO out currently and it will probably be that way for years to come. However, you have to really be willing to sacrifice certain things from traditional MMOs in order to enjoy the game as well although with the amount of rich content the game has, it shouldn't be an issue.

  7. #7
    Game List Master Reputation: 165
    chaoscauser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Norfolk UK
    Posts
    3,513
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icyice40 View Post
    Any F2P mmos that are solo type games, where basically u dont need to be in a guild or join parties to do curtain dungeons ( also dont want to spend hrs to clear a dungeon). I like to socialize with other ppl ingame and pvp other ppl but hate to party with ppl. Just something about having to play with ppl bores me, I always end up quiting the game cause of it.

    - games ive played

    Elsword quit at lvl 40
    Eden Eternal quit at lvl 45
    Aura Kingdom quit at lvl 30
    Dragon Nest quit at lvl 48
    Aion quit at lvl 50
    Vindictus quit at lvl 50 (I think it was 50)
    Atlantica Online quit at lvl 145
    Maple Story quit at lvl 30

    - games ive played tht were good

    LoL
    Dungeon Fighter Online (comming back but dont know when)
    Runescape
    12 Sky 2 (shutdown)
    Atlantica Online (its a good game just cant seem to start again)
    Wonderking (shutdown)

    Theres other games Ive played but either I cant remember them or I just not worth mentioning.
    Twelve Sky 2 is still around http://12sky2.mayngames.com/

  8. #8
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I loved twelve sky 2, but it sucks that it shutdown. Playing on mayn or hungames just isn't the same as it was on Aeria lol. As for a game for solo play, i would recommend Path of Exile. I just started playing a few days ago and have been playing for hours. I mean it does get a bit boring since its repetitive, but its the first game after twelve sky 2 that I've been enjoying lol.

  9. #9
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gextor View Post
    Minus the idiots... You could go back to Runescape, with bonds it's next to impossible not to enjoy literally BUYING membership with in game gold. It just makes all the grinding for resources or money that much more rewarding. You're not going to run into the typical MMO questing either, and with so much to do you'd have to be really busy in life or not willing to play a good game in order to pass runescape up. It is definitely worth grinding the money on f2p servers and then buying a bond, getting 14 days of membership, and then money becomes even easier, I would personally focus some membership time on making money just to get more bonds to extend the time, but all in all, it has almost every single generic mmo released to date beat in the dirt.
    I never really stopped runescape, still play it daily (not as much)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    Twelve Sky 2 is still around http://12sky2.mayngames.com/
    mayn 110% P2W + its doesnt feel the same

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by broken415 View Post
    I loved twelve sky 2, but it sucks that it shutdown. Playing on mayn or hungames just isn't the same as it was on Aeria lol. As for a game for solo play, i would recommend Path of Exile. I just started playing a few days ago and have been playing for hours. I mean it does get a bit boring since its repetitive, but its the first game after twelve sky 2 that I've been enjoying lol.
    agreed, ya i guess i can try path of exile

  10. #10
    Lothia's Lurker Reputation: 60
    coldReactive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    3,767
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

    need free to play? Go with TERA.

    Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 · Saving For: An Epic Computer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •