Ragnarok Online Addiction

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Cingal's Collar Reputation: 86

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullfears View Post
    ugh so i finally logged in and some of my chars are missing equips. i hate when i quit a game and when i come back i have no idea what i was doing idk if i was buying new equips or gave them to other chars.
    you were transfering your gears to your alchemist last time you logged in maybe check other accounts lol

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 35

that's just it. my biochem is missing a mantle slot item and 2 accessories

Fat Bowser Reputation: 22

The nostalgia on this game is so ****ing hard to beat, but every time I even try to play it I call myself insane and just quit again. My standards have risen, extreme grinding and ridiculous drops rates isn't what the modern MMO communities want. You can't just live on a very slowly dying community and an awesome BGM anymore.

That .01 card drop rate LOL, the RNG is too real.

Overall, just play a higher rated (not too high) *cough* server for your ragnarok fixes, there are still many that are populated. The game is still a nice trip in the country and I'll never forget the years I spent from middle school to high school playing it.

I made myself feel sad by realizing I may never have an experience like Ragnarok ever again T_T.
    Pride is a wonderful trait.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 142

I actually do like rare drops. The problem is more how players approach it. With rare drops you shouldn't spend your play time hunting them. Fighting the same mob 10000+ times just to get an item just isn't fun. However if you just play for fun and go wherever you want, the game is much more enjoyable. And you will still get a rare drop eventually, just not the one you want. But that's not really a problem as there is a currency system which means you can sell the rare drop you got and buy the items you need from the money you get.

Occassionally hunting rare drops yourself is fine of course. The rewarding feeling can be totallly worth it. It's different from player to player how much he can take. If you already killed 2000 monsters without getting it and you start to feel bored, better stop the hunt and do something fun before the game is ruined for you.

Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh View Post
    The nostalgia on this game is so ****ing hard to beat, but every time I even try to play it I call myself insane and just quit again. My standards have risen, extreme grinding and ridiculous drops rates isn't what the modern MMO communities want. You can't just live on a very slowly dying community and an awesome BGM anymore.

That .01 card drop rate LOL, the RNG is too real.

Overall, just play a higher rated (not too high) *cough* server for your ragnarok fixes, there are still many that are populated. The game is still a nice trip in the country and I'll never forget the years I spent from middle school to high school playing it.

I made myself feel sad by realizing I may never have an experience like Ragnarok ever again T_T.
    Only problem with those type of servers is that they might as well as be P2W servers. Those servers survive off of donations and people who donate are always compensated with custom made items with ridiculous stats that make them immortal. Things like a slotted Megingjard, custom cards that give ridiculous stats that you could put into the Megs. Helmets, wings, weapons, etc. It's really dumb. While it's free, fun, and there is more freedom in those servers with different rates to your liking, it's the "donation items" that really kill the game and its vibe.

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

I feel you.. Quit RO probably 6 years ago and after that I would re-install every 2 months lol.

But I haven't touched it for 2 years+ now so I've let it go already but the game has powerful nostalgia that's for sure.

Rock Man Reputation: 14

Quote Originally Posted by KREVA View Post
    Only problem with those type of servers is that they might as well as be P2W servers. Those servers survive off of donations and people who donate are always compensated with custom made items with ridiculous stats that make them immortal. Things like a slotted Megingjard, custom cards that give ridiculous stats that you could put into the Megs. Helmets, wings, weapons, etc. It's really dumb. While it's free, fun, and there is more freedom in those servers with different rates to your liking, it's the "donation items" that really kill the game and its vibe.
    There are non-gamebreaking donation servers. Often these are either low/mid rate or pure WoE servers tho

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Quote Originally Posted by feyte View Post
    There are non-gamebreaking donation servers. Often these are either low/mid rate or pure WoE servers tho
    Yeah I used to play on a heap of private servers who had donation items but they were mainly for looks and nothing more. I do agree there are some stupid servers out there that put high stats on custom gear etc but look around and you'll find some servers that have non-gamebreaking items like feyte said.

Look at RateMyServer and you'll see the servers that have long history and good reviews.

Luigiís Pizza Reputation: 12

Read the 1st-2nd page sooo

If anyone is lookin to chat, I redownloaded and made a Gunslinger, just add Initiate Arms

Ahh RO, the creeping feeling of being lost and helpless is back :P
    Last edited by OmegaDivider; 08-08-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Norrin Radd's Nerd Rage Reputation: 35

so i logged in today and it turns out i was hacked. my storage was emptied from head to toe and all my chars have no gears on. i have no money and no items. I sent in a ticket but if they cant recover my items i will be uninstalling. that stuff on that account it from years and years of playing(on and off)
    Last edited by sinfullfears; 08-08-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast