is it weird to lock your door?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Olpah's Object Reputation: 323

I hate TALKING. to PEOPLE. about THINGS.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 619

i dont lock my door. i live in a apartment thats connected to a hallway with 3 different people living there and the front door of the hallway requires a special key with a chip in it

Currently Playing: WoW

>Screenshot Collection 2013-2014<

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Quote Originally Posted by x2ruff4u View Post
    I hope you don't mind if I use you as my sig.
    Don't forget to quote your own reply under it. I'll leave this image in here for the heck of it.

Str1der's Stooge Reputation: 133

only when everyone's gone for work and when everyone's asleep. Even then nothing happens, my neighborhood is pretty safe.
    lots of people forget to close the garage when they leave for work but nothing ever gets stolen.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 92

My neighborhood is pretty quiet so we don't really ever lock the doors until it gets dark; even then nothing would happen since we have neighborhood watches, and they only get together to drink or chill out.

Payne, Max Payne Reputation: 145

The front door is always locked. The back door is never locked unless no one is home or we are sleeping. I would probably keep it locked if we didn't have a fence taller than me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markca View Post
    only when everyone's gone for work and when everyone's asleep. Even then nothing happens, my neighborhood is pretty safe.
    lots of people forget to close the garage when they leave for work but nothing ever gets stolen.
    I used to feel this way about my neighborhood. I've lived here since I was six and I am now 25.

Within the past few years there has been a shooting/murder at the gas station literally three houses and across a street from my house. I believe that gas station has had more problems than that in the past.

There has been a hostage incident in one of the newest subdivisions about 5-10 minutes from my house, where most people would expect it to be the safest because those people have money, and therefore, assumed to have their shit together. He eventually shot himself and everyone was fine. (I think this might have been last year. If not, it was for sure the year before).

And most recently, there was a drive-by just a street over from me or something. I heard the gun shots. (This was a couple months ago).

There have also been a couple gang graffiti incidents on houses and buildings over the years. The two houses next to mine were damaged, but they never touched ours.

Perhaps my neighborhood has always been this bad and shootings/murders/fights went unreported, I dunno. But I used to walk to and from school by myself from grades 3-6. My friends and I would also walk to the video store and restaurants by ourselves.

Thinking back on it now, I can't imagine why my parents allowed that. I am so paranoid that I would never let my child under 14 leave the house alone.
    League of Legends IGN: Ellista

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

i lock my doors and check about 5 times if they are locked ...
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Fat Bowser Reputation: 35

We lock every thing. Doors. Windows. Hell everything dont need any one creeping in our house
    You guys here are some of the most stupid and insulting people out there. I say to you all fuc.k you all. I am really tired of you guys judging me and thinking your above me. Only god can judge me. Later all. Enjoy your onrpg . I come here and be nice to you guys and yet you choose to call me names. Thats fine i dont need you all any more. Bye

THANKSOBAMA Reputation: 534

Vampires can't enter houses without permission, so a lock does you no good.

Reading: Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
    Last read: You Just Don't Understand!: Women and Men in Conversations by Deborah Tannen (A MUST READ), A Child Named "It" by Dave Pelzer (NOT BAD), A Dance With Dragons by GRRM (4.5/5)

Interested in why I picked these books, or want to recommend me some more? Just pm me. I love books.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

For where we live, nah. We've had problems in the past so we make sure to lock our doors. We also have to have bars on the first floor windows as well.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366): Smash Bros 3DS, Fantasy Life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123