AeriaGames Aura Kingdom: Pros and Cons?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marineking's Minion Reputation: 88

Default AeriaGames Aura Kingdom: Pros and Cons?

Who played this generic MMO from AeriaGames? Yes, the company is complete trash, but I'm bored and I need something to play. So, someone who has spent a good amount of time on this MMO give me some pros and cons of the game. Like most AeriaGames, the game is probably heavily influenced by the cash shop. Just how much of an influence does the cash shop have in this game though?

Anyway, thanks for the info. Try to give me some advice that's actually constructive instead of trolling with the obvious answers about the company and its games.

`Doll's Dishwasher Reputation: 12

If their facebook is any indication of the game then they have server issues atleast once a week if not more. The game itself isn't that bad and should entertain you for a bit, atleast until something better comes by.

Still learning the ropes Reputation: 10

The server issues were apparently caused by account migration, it was fine for about a week now (but it was pretty ridiculous back then).

As you said, the game is fairly generic, though there are aspects that I like. No mana, cooldowns only is one the "pros" side for me since I always hated how killing mobs was basically a mana drinking contest and you had to waste time and money just to keep your mana pot reserve. The pet system is nice, allows you to cover your weaknesses (take up a healing pet if you lack healing, increase you damage potential or get a tank, that sort of stuff). Quests are pretty much just go there, kill X stuff, collect X stuff and come back (though it never goes into ridiculous proportions like kill 60 X) though there are more interesting quests every once in a while (like avoiding patrols while planting bombs), but those quests are quite rare. Then you have all the normal stuff, solo and 5-man dungeons (with an actual party search if you don't want to wait in front of the dungeon entrance all day), weekly 40-player raids, somewhat basic crafting (that actually produces useful weapons and armor, but it's not really worth it until you reach the 60+ since you level up quite fast), pvp (that I haven't tried, I don't bother with pvp in mmorpgs, so all I can say is that it's there), fishing (there's actually a fishing equipment and actual equipment progression before you can catch the best fish, it's a grind but helps when you're bored and waiting for world boss spawn/dungeon reset or some other event) and other stuff you can expect.
    As far as the cash shop goes, there's not really all that much that outright gives power that you can't get without spending money. The game features cash shop and "loyalty shop" that allows you to buy stuff with in-game points (you get them from achievements and drops from certain monsters etc), the loyalty shop is pretty much identical to the cash shop with the exception of certain costumes and mounts. (Costumes actually give stats, but the best ones -orange quality, gives 1% to stats- can be dropped from bosses, boxes that you get from certain daily quests -just got a hat yesterday, though I sold it at the action since at 60 you get a free orange hat btw-, action or even crafted if you get enough of the green quality costumes of the same type. As for mounts, you get a free one at like lvl 10 and slightly faster one at like 40 or 50, but they seem pretty useless to me because at like lvl 4 you get glide ability that is faster than any mount and allows you to go over obstacles -not all though, the game is filled with invisible walls- so if you use double jump you can glide pretty much everywhere.). The loyalty shop stuff usually needs a lot of the loyalty points so to get the cash shop stuff that you want you might need to grind a bit (or buy the stuff at the auction, almost everything can be sold there) so it feels more like "pay to not grind" since enchanting ("fortification scrolls", probably the only thing other than the orange quality costumes that actually gives power, that you can buy in the cash shop/loyalty shop) can't break your equipment and if it fails it gives you a bit of points towards the next grade so you can actually upgrade equipment even if you fail all the time, but it can get pretty tedious.

TL;DR: Game is somewhat generic, can't really buy powerful stuff that can't be dropped or bought with in-game currency. Unless you find guild or get some friends to play you will probably get bored of it eventually, either during leveling because of the generic quests and whole leveling experience, or at the level cap since the end game is mainly about the dungeons and the sky-tower raid and I don't suppose that stuff like fishing, crafting/trading or collecting pets will keep you playing for a long time.
    EDIT:fixd typo
    Last edited by Cardenius; 08-06-2014 at 11:46 AM.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 174

Pros:
    If you have an active, fun guild, the game is entertaining.

Cons:
    Very slow content patch
    Server latency issues
    Game client issues
    Long-ass maintenance
    Hackers/bots
    Horrible customer service
    Aeria Games

yep, the game was hella fun in the first month or so of obt, as I was in the Euphoria Guild (server-first to clear Sky Tower all floors as new ones come out, server-first IA and the other timed dungeon with Nazrudin as boss, top rankings in the achievement sections, etc, etc) - but once people start leaving, combined with Aeria Games being the horrible publishers they are, the game gets boring super fast.
    "When it comes to the past, EVERYONE writes fiction." -Stephen King

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 60

Cons:
    Aeria Games
    Hackers / Bots / Goldsellers
    Server Latency
    Crashes / Glitches / Regressions

Pros:
    - Graphics

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EverQuest Next, FFXV, KH3 Saving For: An Epic Computer

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 243

Pros:
    - Pet system
    - Subclasses
    - Big ass gun class.
    - cutesy kawaii desu graphics

Cons:
    - Need tons of a certain item to unlock the next pet
    - Aeria games (so it's p2w, and certain exclusives can only be gotten with paying over 80+ euro's)
    - Auto-track (Literally have to do nothing, but fight. Game auto tracks everything.
    - Battle system gets boring after a while.
    - Bots
    - Weekly server issue's
    - Full of pedo's acting like women.

Super Duper Uber Mega Ultra Extreme Reputation: 35

if you were wanting to play look for the *cough* server. Its much more fair with the cashshop, gets updated faster, muuuuch less server issues, no bots or spammers, devs of the server actually care and play the game, and fairly populated. its a quick google search away

Bladin's Sword Sharpener Reputation: 16

i found the battle system to be clunky as hell

not very fun imo -

ChimaeraOne's Cookie Reputation: 29

Been playing the game since obt started and have an active guild on Hydra.

Pro's
    - Wide range of classes and builds
    - Fun game play
    - Loyalty System (After leveling to 60 and doing world boss every 4 hours you are able to earn alot of loyalty to buy useful stuff)
    - Pretty active game even after being out for a while now.
    - Eidolon system
    - Paragon table can bring good income in if lucky! (RNG)
    - Nice Gliding system
    - Active PVP and Raids like Sky Tower (PVP isn't for everyone thanks to +20 players but it can be fun still)

Cons
    - Bots!
    - Aeria
    - P2W
    - Elitests

I have 3 chars over lvl 66 so I do enjoy the game and what it has to offer but it's not perfect and I honestly wish It wasn't run by Aeria but what can you do. If you want to reach end game and be active then I suggest joining big guilds that can help you with dungeon runs especially when your around level 55 you'll start to run dungeons ALOT. Level 60 otherworld dungeons unlock and these are a good source of experience until level 65.. After 65 you unlock some harder dungeons like Landing and Lament, these dungeons are pretty full on and you'll need a really decent party to finish them.

I've put no money into the game and supporting myself and my wifes char and we have done just fine. So I don't think it's full on P2w thanks to loyalty and making money from certain drops and paragon table. There are players that have full +20 and pump cash into the game but all games have these type of people.

Overall it's a decent game but I can see why some people disagree.

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 18

Aeria = X-legend sorta of west subsidiary = Grand Fantasia = Eden Eternal = Fantasy Frontier (aka Aura Kingdom) = Dragon Slayer.
    Meh, these games are as always the same concept, engine, gameplay, progression with a different skin, and it explain how they can release so much mmorpgs is so little time.

If you like one of these games then you like pratically all Aeria games or countrary no one.
    Last edited by KdChan; 08-07-2014 at 05:57 PM.
    Want to play
    Tree of Savior | Peria Chronicles

Played
    Darkfall UW | Mortal Online | Tera | Lineage II | Aion
    Guild Wars 2 | FF XIV: ARR | Random f2p mmos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast