MMO dilemma!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marios's Mustache Wax Reputation: 10

Default MMO dilemma!

Hello everyone! I just joined this page, because I saw a lot that it's pretty active and that there are a lot of people posting here. So, here's the question... Which MMO should go with? I just got a new computer so I haven't played any newer mmorpgs, since my old computer was too weak. Now when my computer is strong enough I don't know what to go with! I was thinking about playing Tera, D&D:Neverwinter,Rift,Dragon's Prophet,RaiderZ,Black Gold, SWTOR or Aion. Well I'm looking for a game I can stick to for some time, lvling to the highest lvls, meeting a lot of new people etc. The thing is, that I'm playing alone(all my friends don't play online games, except LoL). So, I want a game where I can easily meet new people and hang out with them. I heard a lot of praise for all of those MMOs mentioned, but I don't know which to download. They are all big games with 15-25Gb(Tera's 50Gb if I heard right), so I don't want to download all of them and try them out. That's why I'm asking you to recommend me which of those MMOs should I try. I also should mention that I don't like games that are based on dungeons/instances(the ones that you do dungeons 24/7), I like more open world games(if I read right, Aion is a good example, you lvl up in the open world and go make dungeons for legendary weapons/armor). Also from the MMOs above, I'm most concerned about SWTOR, because of it's restrictions(you need to pay to have more gold in inventory etc. etc.).

Ok I think that this is it! Sry because it's too long, I just wanted to make clear what kind of game I'm looking for. Sry if it confused you instead of clearing out what I want xD You can also recommend me some of your MMOs, but make sure that they aren't that old. Ty all for reading and ty in advance for answering! Peace.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 239

All of those are shit, wait for Archeage.
    September release date.

there's a wolf in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by Candyholic View Post
    All of those are shit, wait for Archeage.
    September release date.
    Well I have to do something till september xD Also am not sure if I'll like ArcheAge, from the seen gameplay...

Quote Originally Posted by pehtimk View Post
    Well I have to do something till september xD Also am not sure if I'll like ArcheAge, from the seen gameplay...
    What, everything you said is what Archeage is all about.
    Guilds, open world with lots to do (housing, farming, sailing, fishing, treasure hunting, pirating, trading and more), game is NOT based on dungeon content, they're 100% optional and are mostly used as ways to get crafting materials.

What, everything you said is what Archeage is all about.
    Guilds, open world with lots to do (housing, farming, sailing, fishing, treasure hunting, pirating, trading and more), game is NOT based on dungeon content, they're 100% optional and are mostly used as ways to get crafting materials.
    Well I don't mind giving it a try, but that's just after 1 month, I need something to play now this moment... I don't know how much free time I'm gonna have when they release it, you know, school and shit...

Edit: Cmon no1 here to give me his/her opinion on which game I should play?

Quote Originally Posted by pehtimk View Post
    Well I don't mind giving it a try, but that's just after 1 month, I need something to play now this moment... I don't know how much free time I'm gonna have when they release it, you know, school and shit...

Edit: Cmon no1 here to give me his/her opinion on which game I should play?
    Well, everyone here pretty much agrees on that pretty much every mmo out right now is shit.
    Plus, every game you listed is all about instanced dungeons and most are p2w and filled with elitist players.

Play something like dota, hearthstone etc.

But if you really have to play an mmo, out of those you listed;
    SWTOR has the story (only thing worth playing it for)
    TERA has the best combat system (but the end-game is 100% grind)
    D&D is probably your best choice tbh, though if you're into neverwinter, don't expect them to be similar. at all.
    Last edited by Candyholic; 08-08-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Well, everyone here pretty much agrees on that pretty much every mmo out right now is shit.
    Plus, every game you listed is all about instanced dungeons and most are p2w and filled with elitist players.

Play something like dota, hearthstone etc.
    Well I played LoL for a long long time and that's the problem -.-" I want to change the scenery a bit...

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 44

Are you even reading what he's posting? "every mmo out right now is shit." No wiser words have ever been said about this genre.
    In all honesty, the best MMO out currently and will probably stay this way for a while is Runescape. If you can't tolerate it, stick with League for another month until Archeage hits Beta stage in NA. Only other game I'd recommend is Path of Exile but it really depends on your personal preferences.

So, out of those you listed. id say pick up swtor. I played for a good amount of time before it went f2p, not subscribed anymore though. The story is well done and each class has its own story. the Planet stories are good as well though you may find them repetitive if you level a few toons. Most of the constraints can be worked out once you get up in lvl a bit. you can by account/char unlocks to remove the restrictions. (At least most of them) it is not completly based on instances but a mmo has to have something for endgame. Aion seems ok I have not played much of it. Tera is good though not much endgame unless it has changed recently. Neverwinter is DnD but its based on 4 edition. which changed a good bit of the interation and play of the tabletop. respectively so that game is different then Dnd 3e and 3.5e, Its fun but is largly instanced based for quests and endgame. Also the classes are a restrictive to what the tabletop can do even for the base class. If none of the above work for you id get rift. from what I played of it. It was good and a solid mmo. though older in style it feels solid veristle. But someone only want new stuff and don't like solid solutions. As for Black Gold and the others on your list. They are not good and not even worth the download. DP is grind and instance, Raider Z though cool does not work well at least for me. and Black Gold the most recent released game on the list while it seem good there is a good deal of imbalance and the game is not about what you would expect. The factions at least of the original server are so favored to one faction because of power struggles on one side. Thats my many more then 2 cents. Oh and sorry for the wall of text.

Wario’s Bad Accent Reputation: 32

Aion and RIFT. Aion has a lively community,dungeons are optional but they have a timer so you won't be spamming dungeon runs,crafting,housing(apartments first then you get to buy a bigger estate),pvp,sieges,crafting,etc etc.

RIFT was fun last time I played it with the open world and the rifts tearing open and summoning monsters for you to take down. I liked the change of pace from doing quests constantly. Oh and I loved leveling by doing pvp <3
    Plus the class roster and the mix and match ability are pretty hot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast