Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Jimmy Fallon is a Douche?

  1. #1
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Jimmy Fallon is a Douche?

    So, I was watching a recent episode of The Tonight Show in which Fallon hosted Vin Diesel.
    Fallon started out asking Diesel about his time playing D&D and WoW. The whole thing has a very condescending tone and ended with Fallon telling Diesel the he "couldn't believe he was successful."

    Diesel sounded slightly annoyed but answered the questions and finished the interview.

    I now dislike Jimmy Fallon. Did anyone else see it and pick up on this?
    Last edited by FarmerM; 08-09-2014 at 06:41 AM.

  2. #2
    春光乍泄 Reputation: 193
    Raiyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Iguazu Falls
    Posts
    13,561
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    That's not cool. I guess he might be appealing to the mainstream which may still view these things as horribly nerdy and in turn, something to be ashamed of, but Vin Diesel's been known to be very proud of his geek history.

    If you rescue me, I'll be your friend forever. -- Loric
    Last.fm
    Hey Raiyne

  3. #3
    in the sky with diamonds Reputation: 1151
    Oisterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Trash Boat
    Posts
    25,742
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    All those late-night talk show hosts have a completely undeserved self entitled attitude. They're all awful. Its a stretch to consider any of them comedians except maybe Colbert but when I'm feeling political I just drink a 40 and listen to some Against Me!

  4. #4
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 317
    Bad Hamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hamsterville
    Posts
    13,644
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oisterboy View Post
    All those late-night talk show hosts have a completely undeserved self entitled attitude. They're all awful. Its a stretch to consider any of them comedians except maybe Colbert but when I'm feeling political I just drink a 40 and listen to some Against Me!
    Hey, I like conan! The most hilarious ginger around.

  5. #5
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    i like letterman cause he's always sort of casual and disinterested. he'll get the biggest celebrity in the world and just talk to them about their shoes for ten minutes and forget the name of the movie they're starring in. people think he's a douche because of that, but i love it. he doesn't worship the celebrities on his show, he just treats them like regular people.

  6. #6
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    Yo Raiyne when did I say that stuff in your sig
    i also want to know this

    edit: only talk show hosts i care about even a little i guess are conan and ellen

  7. #7
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,652
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    I don't watch Fallon much, but when I do he usually strikes me as a nice guy. But I haven't seen the clip you're referring to.

    Conan is always a douche, especially when gaming is involved, but that's what makes him funny. Especially in his Clueless Gamer series.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or *******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  8. #8
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 366
    marcipaans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Director of Acquisitions
    Posts
    9,863
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Oh no, mainstream media taking jabs against gaming culture. What a shock


  9. #9
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loric View Post
    Here's the clip. OP is blowing it out of proportion.

    http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/9456
    I assumed he was and was going to ask for the clip, but you did it for me.

    Gosh, I accurately assume a lot.

    Jimmy Fallon was pretty respectful and they bounced jokes off of each other pretty well. I don't see the gripe.

  10. #10
    Cloud13's Clown Reputation: 328
    postrook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    gamer culture deserves to be made fun of because it sucks

  11. #11
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,652
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    "I can't believe you become who you are" is what he said. Which is understandable. A nerdy kid living in an poor-artist housing becoming a big and cool action movie star.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or *******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  12. #12
    Banned Reputation: 302

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Rainbow
    Posts
    1,073
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm a gamer, I've played tabletop games before, and I am completely not offended at all by what Jimmy said. It was pretty funny and he wasn't really bashing. Also, a lot of the stereotypes are true.

    I'm not condoning mistreatment of nerds, I'm just saying sometimes light-hearted jokes, especially when consent is implied, are not that big of a deal.

  13. #13
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 445
    TreyTrey12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,842
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    OP had me thinking Fallon went in on vin diesel.. good thing I watched the video it was nothing more than a few lighthearted jokes.

  14. #14
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    vin deisel is just a less cool version of the rock

  15. #15
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 422
    poeticas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12,013
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    **** jimmy falon ... Conan O'Brian for the win!
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

  16. #16
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    He may have had a friendly tone while he was saying it but it had an undertone that was not what I would call nice.

    I thought it was a bit horrible when Fallon engaged him saying that he had made a WoW character. Vin Diesel is legitimately interested and goes into asking "What class?" and such. Fallon responds with "I don't remember." and really sounds like he shouldn't be expected to remember something so meaningless.

    It's possible it may have been a bit where he was trying to be disrespectful and bully Vin Diesel but it's definitely there.

  17. #17
    OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 416

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    6,574
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    youre overanalyzing because of nerdrage lols

  18. #18
    Game Journalist Reputation: 484

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,652
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    He may have had a friendly tone while he was saying it but it had an undertone that was not what I would call nice.

    I thought it was a bit horrible when Fallon engaged him saying that he had made a WoW character. Vin Diesel is legitimately interested and goes into asking "What class?" and such. Fallon responds with "I don't remember." and really sounds like he shouldn't be expected to remember something so meaningless.

    It's possible it may have been a bit where he was trying to be disrespectful and bully Vin Diesel but it's definitely there.
    Did you even watch the clip? He doesn't say, "I don't remember." He says, "What was he?" trying to remember what it was. Then he goes on to answer it to the best of his ability by describing what he remembers about the character. He doesn't attempt to blow off the question or anything.

    I'm starting to wonder if this is some sort of elaborate trolling.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or *******."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[4/12]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

  19. #19
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Fallon: "So youre Vin Diesel. Now you're Mr. Cool, but you used to be into D&D. Exactly where did that switch flip?"

    The audience and Fallon laughs each time he mentions something nerdy as if it's unbelievable and/or funny.

    Fallon: "I can't believe you became who you are."

    Fallon is clearly asking the questions to get a laugh out of people based on the perception that "D&D and WoW are for losers" and Vin Diesel isn't.

    So, you can all go suck the metaphorical moose wang.

  20. #20
    $$$
    Guest

    Default

    bro. come on, bro.

  21. #21
    Sandman's Slave Reputation: 445
    TreyTrey12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
    Posts
    3,842
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerM View Post
    Fallon: "So youre Vin Diesel. Now you're Mr. Cool, but you used to be into D&D. Exactly where did that switch flip?"

    The audience and Fallon laughs each time he mentions something nerdy as if it's unbelievable and/or funny.

    Fallon: "I can't believe you became who you are."

    Fallon is clearly asking the questions to get a laugh out of people based on the perception that "D&D and WoW are for losers" and Vin Diesel isn't.

    So, you can all go suck the metaphorical moose wang.
    Or he's implying what made the change happen? A lot of people go from nerdy to cool. Look at the dude who played Steven little, and that body builder dude who coined the phrase 'you mirin'
    If I saw vin diesel for the first time i would never guess he played such things.

  22. #22
    HopeDagger's Henchman Reputation: 204
    FarmerM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TreyTrey12 View Post
    Or he's implying what made the change happen? A lot of people go from nerdy to cool. Look at the dude who played Steven little, and that body builder dude who coined the phrase 'you mirin'
    If I saw vin diesel for the first time i would never guess he played such things.
    EXACTLY. You see the thing is Diesel is still a bit of a nerd. You can be both! It really shouldn't be a funny thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •