has anyone trained themselves for a convention?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TerrinBlaze's Treasure Reputation: 32

Default has anyone trained themselves for a convention?

I am planning to go to a con pretty soon, and it is a long con. It is more than one day and I am going to be there probably nine hours a day heh.

Right now I am doing some exercising/traveling around my local city to build up my stamina. I want to have the energy to enjoy the con for the duration I am there.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 319

Comic Con? Where at?

Are you used to being on your feet a lot/standing in lines? Basically, can you walk around a lot without getting tired? if so you'll be fine, if not, you better start walking around some now.
    "Rules do not exist to bind you, they exist so you may know your freedoms"

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kashis
    Smash Bros 3DS NNID Sliphatos (1762-2677-2366)

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 293

i am going to gamescom each year ... it is 3 day long gaming and etc convention this year i am going only for 1 day but most of the time i am going there for atleast 2 or all 3 days its fun to spend whole time there and you will notice it is not that tiring even if you spend whole day going around booths and etc ... i love testing games it feels accomplishing because you get nice rewards and even a pencil with some nice game art is a nice gift to receive i am nerdy when it comes to such stuffs so i get invites to work at events in gamescom but well i dont really like that kind of stuff because you dont have time to walk around and check stuff out

My suggestion is get to the entrance as early as possible
    Be one of the first to get inside
    If you are going for more than 1 day do a plan of what you definitely want to see
    And number them and start with number 1
    Remember in huge conventions you will never be able to go to every booth that there is because you got to little time for everything
    So starting with best and leaving other stuff for last is the best option
    Some Stories Are Just Way Better In My Head!

Fabio_R's Fruitcup Reputation: 384

My advice is to get very comfortable shoes.

When I used to work retail I was on my feet nine hours a day. I was wearing Jordan's and it made me want to kill myself.I switched to airmax and it changed everything.

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

Comic Con is located in San Diego, California every year in July. I think you should be fine since it's mostly just walking and standing. It's not really a matter of endurance but rather, how comfortable your shoes are.

Quote Originally Posted by M1nGs3N4yuk1 View Post
    Comic Con is located in San Diego, California every year in July. I think you should be fine since it's mostly just walking and standing. It's not really a matter of endurance but rather, how comfortable your shoes are.
    There's also one in NY and TX on Oct 2 this year. I got invites from friends to go to both but I'm heading to the one in TX this year.

Be careful of what you say, tomorrow or today, for the words you now speak, may become the poison your enemies later seek; truth.

OnRPG Elite Member! Reputation: 253

Like the most stupid thing I've heard. How the hell can't you handle 9 hours by just doing some walking, occasionally checking out boots/cosplay and ofcourse eating + bathroom breaks. Sounds like you have NEVER used your legs before

Illgamez Insomniac Reputation: 69

Quote Originally Posted by Kashis View Post
    There's also one in NY and TX on Oct 2 this year. I got invites from friends to go to both but I'm heading to the one in TX this year.
    Oooh interesting. I live in LA so the only comic con I've heard of is the one in San Diego.

Murxidon's Maid Reputation: 92

Training up for a con? What kind of con are you going to? My friends and I go to a nearby anime con every year and we just yolo that shit.

If you are going to an anime con though, i recommend cosplaying with friends. being the only guy there not dressed up is not fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsterMascot View Post
    Like the most stupid thing I've heard. How the hell can't you handle 9 hours by just doing some walking, occasionally checking out boots/cosplay and ofcourse eating + bathroom breaks. Sounds like you have NEVER used your legs before
    I don't know how much walking Espada1 plans on doing, but I was saying that from personal experience as a former fatass that when I went to the comic con in NY a few years back with my brother and his friend Ricky, I was way out of shape and did a lot more walking around than I anticipated. There was a lot of stuff to see and it was my first time there so I wanted to check out a lot of stuff. I got a lot of autographs and free shit and played a bunch of demos (they even had one for Wakfu at the time which kinda surprised me since I had already been playing it) but around 2pm or so my legs and feet hurt really bad and I started to get severe cramps. Ended up getting sick the next day and couldn't go for the rest. Had fun though and want to go back but from that experience I'd def say to get used to walking on hard ass floor and wearing some comfortable shoes.

I lost a lot of weight and work as an expediter now as well as stay on my feet sometimes 8 - 9 hours a day so I don't get tired easily anymore but I know that if you plan doing a lot of stuff the whole day, you might wanna exercise a lil bit if you haven't been.

Just saying. Might not be a problem for everyone but was for me.
    Last edited by Kashis; 08-09-2014 at 09:43 PM. Reason: added a word or two

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast