Guild Emblem/Crest

Game Journalist Reputation: 407

Default Guild Emblem/Crest

So I'm trying to figure out how I can create a good emblem/crest for my guild in ArcheAge. This will be used for our sails in the game. Right now we're using our standard logo (shown underneath). It's great, but the only problem is that on sails, when you look at the back of the sail, the text comes up backwards (as you would expect it).

And here's how it looks in-game.

I'm thinking of doing the same bloodstain background, but replacing the "AMITABHA" with just an A in a stylized font. I'll post a concept of that idea soon.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Visual representations of what you're trying to describe is appreciated.
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 08-10-2014 at 02:37 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Arri's Animal Reputation: 133

might just be me but the circle around the A makes it look a little...off?, like..its too perfectly round for the rest of it?, bloodstain has streaks everywhere, A has jagged edges, angles etc..then you have this perfect round circle.
    If you understand what I'm trying to say.
    LeagueofLegends-ChuckleButt

Quote Originally Posted by markca View Post
    might just be me but the circle around the A makes it look a little...off?, like..its too perfectly round for the rest of it?, bloodstain has streaks everywhere, A has jagged edges, angles etc..then you have this perfect round circle.
    If you understand what I'm trying to say.
    I can make it so the circle has a bit of smear/jaggedness to it. Let me see what I can do with it real quick.

May be a bit to much?
    Last edited by ApocaRUFF; 08-10-2014 at 03:39 AM.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]

Bongo Crazy Kong Reputation: 10

not if you dropped it on a black sail.

Game Journalist Reputation: 75

On a black sail you could just have a different logo but for a guild you will probably have same coloured sails. What if you just remove the circle altogether?

Orc's Breathmint Reputation: 10

I like it

Pretty much my reply to all your comments

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 17

I think just "A" is better than "AMITABHA", because it's gonna be recognized faster by people just glimpsing over it. Have you though about making an actual logo for it, not just A in a circle? Like some sort of sign that stands for whatever AMITABHA means

So I've started working on some other concepts. Here is what I've thrown together so far. I'm thinking I'll try and incorporate the traditional Amitabha bloodstain, but not sure yet.

Yes, that is Shenron (slightly modified) from DBZ. This is pretty steep in Buddhist symbolism. The eternal knot signifying harmony, the Dharmachakra (wheel looking thing) to represent the eight-fold path. And while Shenron (or dragons in general) don't have much to do with Buddhism, deer do and if a deer is a male it will have stag horns, similar to Shenron's.

Plus it looks neat having a dragon in it, in my opinion. However, I fear it might give it a much to cartoony feel. I don't know.

I suck when it comes to coat of arm's, emblems, etc... :/
    -Cingal

Manic's Maniacal Machine Reputation: 17

I like it. I don't think Shenron is necessary though. I would also keep away from the bloodstain, keep it simple and pretty. Of course it doesn't hurt to try it w/ blood stain as well, but you'll have to see how it looks in game on the sails.