Best RPG themed Minecraft mods?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ape for Diddy Reputation: 30

Default Best RPG themed Minecraft mods?

I'm starting to get into Minecraft (late to the party, I know) and I was wondering what are some of the best mods that have an RPG flavor? Quests, more monster types, more crafting, etc.

Also if anyone knows a good, non-griefy RPG server that'd be cool too

Currently Playing: Achaea

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

If you're a fan of Dragon Ball, there's a mod called Dragon Block C (DBC). Has questing through the different sagas, new stuff to craft like scouters, armor, and swords. Also introduces a stat/skill system. Basically all you could want from a Dragon Ball themed game... made using minecraft >.> I have a server set up for it at the moment that I play with friends at the moment.

Pixelmon is basically Pokemon with crafting. Great.

If you mean something more traditional fantasy, I can't think of any off the top of my head.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Play on Wynncraft. No mods required.

Otherwise, you can use the Yogscast Complete Pack (ATLauncher), has a quest book, and over 270+ Mods (IE: Thaumcraft, Ars Magica 2, etc.)

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I think I'll check out Wynncraft

Ape for Diddy Reputation: 44

Hexxit is heavily themed around RPG elements although it lacks direction and is basically do whatever you want like all modpacks. You could always create your own modpack by putting together mods you enjoy, should be fairly easy.

Diddy Kong's Boxers Reputation: 41

I'm with Cold on this one, Wynncraft is definitely the better of the minecraft revamps out their. Though i will say i've never though i'd think to my self, "God i wish i could build a house" in Minecraft. With how clever these modders are at Wynncraft i wouldn't be shocked if they decided to figure out how to do something similar to the skyrim hearthfire expansion; something like getting blueprints from a book and slotting each piece of a pre-built building into some 8x8 squares via connection points. So you'd get your 8x8 little cottage and expound upon it

I've been enjoying Wynncraft in small doses, its definitely what I was looking for thematically. My only complaint is that nobody seems to be interested in grouping for PvE and I keep getting PvP duel requests from people in the newbie area.

FabianN's Fanatic Reputation: 70

Quote Originally Posted by Aktillum View Post
    I've been enjoying Wynncraft in small doses, its definitely what I was looking for thematically. My only complaint is that nobody seems to be interested in grouping for PvE and I keep getting PvP duel requests from people in the newbie area.
    Yeah, mainly because some PVE Dungeons requires specific classes, and people didn't care to level them up. The bank vault quest is also insanely difficult unless you're an assassin and stealth. The Animal Dungeon for instance requires archer for some buttons. If the archer dies, it's reset time.

Only plays Burst Magic DPS Classes and Healers.
    Playing MMO: FFXIV (Ragnarok)
    Waiting On: EQ Next, FFXV, KH3, Tree of Savior Saving For: An Epic Computer / PS Vita

Game Journalist Reputation: 421

Just loaded up Wynncraft. It's pretty neat. May play it a bit with guildies between beta events in ArcheAge.
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd retard and or asshole."
    -Cingal
    -------(New Video!)------------------------(New Post!)[9/26]----------(Updated for ArcheAge!)[4/28]
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild

Super Moderator Reputation: 189

Now I'm curious to see what this is all about. Unfortunately the servers seem to be down or something, cause the play website doesn't load up for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast